How many of you agree/disagree with me that this is the last hoorah..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many of you agree/disagree with me that this is the last hoorah.....

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
For the Patriots as we have known them for far too long? Losing both offensive and defensive coordinators to head coaching jobs, a 41 year old QB next season, trading away their heir apparent at QB and just in general I feel that this is it. Doesn't mean that the Dolphins are going to step in and dethrone them, though if they had any moxie they would. Just a gut feeling that I have that this is it for the dynasty. Opinions welcome.......... :happy

I think they're on the back 9 although until somebody in the afc east gives them any competition at all they'll rein supreme.

Brady and Beli are the tandem as other coord have left without missing a beat.

They kicked everyone’s asses when they had Crennel and Weis at DC anc OC...both of those guys left...the machine kept rolling...

As long as Belichick stays, they’ll be fine, with/without Brady.

They kicked everyone’s asses when they had Crennel and Weis at DC anc OC...both of those guys left...the machine kept rolling...

As long as Belichick stays, they’ll be fine, with/without Brady.
hope we get to see it, because i couldnt disagree more. once bradys play starts going downhill ( no guarantee it will anytime soon) pats r screwed, even with bill b. bill b record as head coach before brady took a snap for him, 42-58, 1 playoff appearance in 7 seasons

hope we get to see it, because i couldnt disagree more. once bradys play starts going downhill ( no guarantee it will anytime soon) pats r screwed, even with bill b. bill b record as head coach before brady took a snap for him, 42-58, 1 playoff appearance in 7 seasons

They went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, did pretty good with Jimmy G and Brissett during Brady's suspension, as well.

It's that time of year again.

giphy.gif

They went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, did pretty good with Jimmy G and Brissett during Brady's suspension, as well.
11-5 with matt cassel was following a year they had gone 16-0 in the regular season having one of the greatest offenses of all time, and being a non dropped int from being the first team to go 19-0. so in 2008, they bring back the same team practically with the exception of qb, with a much softer schedule, and they finish 5 games worse. Also, matt cassel went to kc and in 2010 he had 27-7 and they won the divison, with todd hailey as head coach.

jimmy g has done well everywhere he has played ( granted its been a small sample size) going to a 49ers team that was 1-11 and they went 5-0 and avg 28 ppg with him.

brisset was crap with the pats in his short stint, and not much better in ind.

at the end of the day, no one is denying bill b does not have a brilliant football mind, but as a coach, u r judged by record, and without brady, hes been a failure over his career with a large sample size.

11-5 with matt cassel was following a year they had gone 16-0 in the regular season having one of the greatest offenses of all time, and being a non dropped int from being the first team to go 19-0. so in 2008, they bring back the same team practically with the exception of qb, with a much softer schedule, and they finish 5 games worse. Also, matt cassel went to kc and in 2010 he had 27-7 and they won the divison, with todd hailey as head coach.

jimmy g has done well everywhere he has played ( granted its been a small sample size) going to a 49ers team that was 1-11 and they went 5-0 and avg 28 ppg with him.

brisset was crap with the pats in his short stint, and not much better in ind.

at the end of the day, no one is denying bill b does not have a brilliant football mind, but as a coach, u r judged by record, and without brady, hes been a failure over his career with a large sample size.

I'd still take him over the smoldering pile of feces we've had litter our franchise since Shula left in 95. Don't let your own biases blind you...you know you would too.

Last edited:
I'd still take him over the smoldering pile of feces we've had litter our franchise since Shula left in 95. Don't let your own biases blind you...you know you would too.
o no doubt, i am not going to argue that.

the point that i am arguing against is that as long as they have bill belichick they will be fine, because at the end of the day, before tom brady, bill belichick had no success as a head coach. no doubt id take him as our head coach, because i know our team would be disciplined , and it would be a no non sense environment.

o no doubt, i am not going to argue that.

the point that i am arguing against is that as long as they have bill belichick they will be fine, because at the end of the day, before tom brady, bill belichick had no success as a head coach. no doubt id take him as our head coach, because i know our team would be disciplined , and it would be a no non sense environment.
I wouldn't say BB had NO success as a head coach. He did take Cleveland to the playoffs. If someone did that today, Lebron would have to move over and give them his crown in that city. I ask you the opposite of that question. What has Brady done without Bill? Apply the same logic.

It’s close to the end because even though Brady is still playing at an incredibly high level , at his age, one hit changes that for good.

I also would not be surprised at all if Belichick just walks away after the Super Bowl.

But what really needs to happen is drastic improvement from the other three AFC EAST teams. Not being guaranteed home field advantage every year will stop these appearances PDQ.

I wouldn't say BB had NO success as a head coach. He did take Cleveland to the playoffs. If someone did that today, Lebron would have to move over and give them his crown in that city. I ask you the opposite of that question. What has Brady done without Bill? Apply the same logic.
ya but u got to realize, the laughingstock that the browns have become, has been since they got a new team in cleveland after the orginal team moved to baltimore. before bill belichick, the browns weren't a complete laughingstock like they r now. they used to make the playoffs frequently, they just couldnt win superbowls or get to one.

my point is, ppl act that as long as belichick is standing on the sideline, u can plug in guys like u and i, and he would be successful, but clearly as seen, that's not true, because his record is very poor without brady as his starting qb.

even making the playoffs one year, the other 6 without brady he has not, and 5 of those seasons he has finished under 500.

his head coaching career took off once brady took over. lets not forget, there were rumors right before brady took over that belichick was on the hot seat.

he also has had solid qbs aside from brady which had not been successful with, vinny testaverde, bernie kosar, drew bledsoe, not superstars by any means, but more than capable of winning with if bill b can do magic with anyone like ppl claim.

i truly dont think ppl grasp how much easier a job is when u land an all time qb. not a very good qb even, all time like brady, peyton, etc.

To your point about , what has brady done without bill, well except for college where he went 20-5 including a bowl win, hes never played without bill. However, bill has coached plenty without tom, and the difference is night and day.

its not even like he was getting to the playoffs and having great regular seasons with brady, and he needed brady to get him over the hump. aside from 1 playoff win, and 1 playoff appearance, the thing that belichick was most famous for as a head coach before brady, was prob resigning from the jets coaching job within a day of taking it

If BB stays after Brady, I expect the Pats to continue to make the playoffs, if for no other reason than the state of coaching in the NFL today. IT SUCKS!

That's one of the main reasons the Pats have been winning so long - they face more talented rosters most of the season and win due to poor preparation / mindsets of the opponents. The last two SB's are perfect examples of that.

In his last year with the Browns, they were one of the favorites to make the SB, started well at 3-1, then the rumors started about the move. They lost 3 in a row, the move was announced and the team fell apart. His fault? Nope. Art Modell was the sole person responsible for that debacle.

Now, 23yrs later, I think BB may have learned a few things. He could go to the Browns now and be in the playoffs next year, even without a name qb.

That's why he's now considered by many to be the best coach ever, in all of sports.

Once Brady retires will the Patriots cease going to the playoffs? Probably not, they will still win the division and go to the playoffs just not at the rate they have done so with Brady. Obviously losing the best QB in the history of the NFL is going to hurt them but i don't expect them to implode either nor do I expect them to dominate like when they had the GOAT.

Bill without Brady is not going to be anywhere near the same level of success, as has already been touched on his record without Brady is not pretty. Hopefully they don't draft another HOF or pro bowl caliber QB like Favre to Rodgers or Manning to Luck.

Back
Top Bottom