How many open spots do we really have for the final 53? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many open spots do we really have for the final 53?

I know there's a lot of love out there for Wilson. I'm certainly not rooting against anyone, but I think those opt out players have very little chance to make the roster.

I think Foster and Grant have more of a chance. It's also possible, but not likely, that Miami keeps an extra tight end and only five wide receivers.

Maybe you keep Perry, and Merritt on the practice squad.
Opt out shmopt out.

I keep Wilson over Grant + Foster + 1000 pairs of Foster Grants.

You have a lot of guys on here who are definitely not locks: Doaks, Wilson, Ahmed, Dieter, Jenkins, Strowbridge, Scarlett, Fejedelem, and Needham will all need to battle for their spots, so that’s another 8 spots on top of the 4 spots you already had. That’s 12 roster spots available, so yes, the roster is far from settled.

You have a lot of guys on here who are definitely not locks: Doaks, Wilson, Carter, Dieter, Jenkins, Strowbridge, Scarlett, Fejedelem, and Needham will all need to battle for their spots, so that’s another 8 spots on top of the 4 spots you already had. That’s 12 roster spots available, so yes, the roster is far from settled.
Deits better win Center or back up Center!!

Opt out shmopt out.

I keep Wilson over Grant + Foster + 1000 pairs of Foster Grants.
Maybe. Definitely some of the best camp battles will be at wide receiver. The first four seem set with Parker, Fuller Waddle and Williams. Bowden seems pretty secure.

That leaves one spot.

Deits better win Center or back up Center!!
They’ve been trying to replace him for two years. First by drafting two guards and signing a FA center last year, and then by signing another FA center this year. He’s the worst early round pick that Grier has made who isn’t named Charles Harris. I don’t see him sticking around much longer.

Looking at Flores recent past I would say all 53 spots on the roster are currently "open" for competition.

I know there's a lot of love out there for Wilson. I'm certainly not rooting against anyone, but I think those opt out players have very little chance to make the roster.

I think Foster and Grant have more of a chance. It's also possible, but not likely, that Miami keeps an extra tight end and only five wide receivers.

Maybe you keep Perry, and Merritt on the practice squad.

As for the opt outs I don't think Flores will overlook talent and skill-set displayed through this off season. If Wilson and Hurns end up being in the top 5/6 WR's they will make the roster.

Any coach that rosters a less talented player because they opted out for safety reasons would b making a really bad football decision in my opinion.

Looking at Flores recent past I would say all 53 spots on the roster are currently "open" for competition.

As for the opt outs I don't think Flores will overlook talent and skill-set displayed through this off season. If Wilson and Hurns end up being in the top 5/6 WR's they will make the roster.

Any coach that rosters a less talented player because they opted out for safety reasons would b making a really bad football decision in my opinion.
Good point, but Grant and Foster can return kicks so they may have more value.

Miami will be cutting some talented wide receivers.

They’ve been trying to replace him for two years. First by drafting two guards and signing a FA center last year, and then by signing another FA center this year. He’s the worst early round pick that Grier has made who isn’t named Charles Harris. I don’t see him sticking around much longer.
Replace him?

Replace him at what?

He was drafted in 2019 and obviously needed a lot of developing.

If he pans out, great for us, if he doesn't, not great for us.

You think any guards or centers we drafted and signed were to replace a second year, third round, (currently depth) offensive lineman?

We're looking for starters.

Even if he doesn't win the starting center job, or the backup center job, he might still stick if he works hard and shows promise, who knows?

Replace him?

Replace him at what?

He was drafted in 2019 and obviously needed a lot of developing.

If he pans out, great for us, if he doesn't, not great for us.

You think any guards or centers we drafted and signed were to replace a second year, third round, (currently depth) offensive lineman?

We're looking for starters.

Even if he doesn't win the starting center job, or the backup center job, he might still stick if he works hard and shows promise, who knows
To replace him in the lineup and on the roster. He was drafted in the 3rd round to be a starting interior lineman. He started 15 games his rookie year and was pretty terrible, so they decided to bring in Hunt, Kindley, Flowers, and Karras to replace him. He then got just 23 snaps the following season and they have now brought in Fluker and Skura this offseason to push him further down the depth chart. The writing is on the wall.

To replace him in the lineup and on the roster. He was drafted in the 3rd round to be a starting interior lineman. He started 15 games his rookie year and was pretty terrible, so they decided to bring in Hunt, Kindley, Flowers, and Karras to replace him. He then got just 23 snaps the following season and have now brought in Fluker and Skura this offseason to push him further down the depth chart. The writing is on the wall.
k.

he obviously wasn't ready to start.

now he's at center.

we shall see :)

To replace him in the lineup and on the roster. He was drafted in the 3rd round to be a starting interior lineman. He started 15 games his rookie year and was pretty terrible, so they decided to bring in Hunt, Kindley, Flowers, and Karras to replace him. He then got just 23 snaps the following season and they have now brought in Fluker and Skura this offseason to push him further down the depth chart. The writing is on the wall.
That is one way to interpret things. It's far from the only way though.

He does play every line posistion, and would be cheap depth. Cheaper than say Davis.

There is also a new O-line coach, so who knows what he may see. There are numerous examples of very solid linemen around the league who took a couple years to put it all together.

Not advocating anything, just saying there are possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom