How many open spots do we really have for the final 53? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many open spots do we really have for the final 53?

yeah that's why I put Carter on the 53.......he'll line up at TE/HB/FB and probably play ST's
I did the same thing on mine.

Smythe played quite a few downs last year, but only generated 29 targets all year. He really isn't much of an offensive weapon. He blocks fairly well because he is a large man, but his only catches come from delayed releases and trickery. He's a 1940s style tight end.

You must have missed all the quality film on him on the edge from 2019.

He really developed there with more opportunity similarly to AVG last season.

He was going to start last year prior to the Achilles. So the injury certainly is the wildcard here.

But if healthy he is a lock to make the Squad because his position is a premium as our current roster stands.
Quality film?

He was OK on pass downs, but generally was overmatched when asked to set the edge, or hold at the POA.

Hell, even Flo once said they were asking more of him than was realistic, but in 2019, the roster didn't allow other options.

If they only go with 5 WR’s, I think Bowden will make the team over Williams. Two season ending injuries and numerous dropped passes just doesn’t make Williams a sure thing to make the final 53. I think his only chance to make the final 53 is if the Dolphins decide to keep 6 WR’s on the roster.

Until Doaks actually comes in and shows he can play in the NFL, I wouldn’t count him on the final 53. He lost his starting job in college after starting earlier in his career. I see him more of a practice squad player in 2021 and the Dolphins looking to upgrade the RB position in the 2022 draft.

Even though he is a free agent after the season. Unless Smythe is traded before the season, I think he will make the final 53 and it will be either Shaheen or Carter who ends up getting cut or traded. I think they will look to trade one of the TE’s and they would probably like that TE to be Smythe because they will likely lose him in free agency. I just don’t think they will cut Smythe if they can’t trade him.

Receivers are interesting because of the ST or return value they can bring. I don't want Waddle regularly returning kickoffs or punts because of injury risk.

I'm drooling at having speed WR sets with Fuller & Waddle.

I don't like our depth at LB or Edge. I was hoping to pick one up or a second edge this draft but we went safety instead.

Receivers are interesting because of the ST or return value they can bring. I don't want Waddle regularly returning kickoffs or punts because of injury risk.
I think we need a WR to be a gunner. which means Hollins is active and Wilson is an inactive?

Tua gets released cause he is garbage, Gaskins is garbage too, Geseki is garbage too. Everyone is garbage according to finheaven, even waddle will get released too.

Wouldn't it be better to trade Waddle to the pats for a bag of cheetos & a conditional 6th rd pick in 2027? /s

Maybe. Definitely some of the best camp battles will be at wide receiver. The first four seem set with Parker, Fuller Waddle and Williams. Bowden seems pretty secure.

That leaves one spot.
Not so sure Williams is a lock. Only lock for recievers is waddle, Parker and fuller. Everyone else is battling for 3-4 spots

Other than gaskins at rb all other rb spots are up for grabs. Truth is the way Flo operates their are a lot of spots not guaranteed

Back
Top Bottom