How many Phin fans from NY? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many Phin fans from NY?

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I am curious how many dolphin fans in here are from NY?....It is so hard to put up with all the Jets stuff but it is definitly worth it....where in NY is everyone from?

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
I am curious how many dolphin fans in here are from NY?....It is so hard to put up with all the Jets stuff but it is definitly worth it....where in NY is everyone from?

I am from Albany, went to college in Buffalo, but currently live in Florida. I am mving back to Albany this summer. Where do you live?

NYC (Upper West Side)

I guess that's why I can't muster up much genuine passion for the Bills-Dolphins rivalry. It's always the Jets I hate to see winning.

My favorite Jets memory: losing the AFC title game in Miami in the mud. AJ Duhe was my favorite player (remember him?).

I can still recall one of the local TV station's guys, Spencer Christian, doing a live remote from the Miami airport after the game as the Jets were boarding their flight back. Pouting, whining. He actually said "The better team didn't win today."

It was sweet.

Originally posted by NYCphan
NYC (Upper West Side)

I guess that's why I can't muster up much genuine passion for the Bills-Dolphins rivalry. It's always the Jets I hate to see winning.

My favorite Jets memory: losing the AFC title game in Miami in the mud. AJ Duhe was my favorite player (remember him?).

I can still recall one of the local TV station's guys, Spencer Christian, doing a live remote from the Miami airport after the game as the Jets were boarding their flight back. Pouting, whining. He actually said "The better team didn't win today."

It was sweet.

I also live on the Upper West Side! Luckily I only have 2 and a half more years in NYC. I hate this dump!

Re: Re: How many Phin fans from NY?

Originally posted by Dajesus
I am from Albany, went to college in Buffalo, but currently live in Florida. I am mving back to Albany this summer. Where do you live?
I spent quite a bit of time up there... I was stationed in Saratoga Springs for a year back in '97-'98, and really liked it up there (except for the weather)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I also live on the Upper West Side! Luckily I only have 2 and a half more years in NYC. I hate this dump!

You live on the UWS and you have DirecTV???

Gee, can I be your friend?

:D

Re: Re: Re: How many Phin fans from NY?

Originally posted by Barbarian
I spent quite a bit of time up there... I was stationed in Saratoga Springs for a year back in '97-'98, and really liked it up there (except for the weather)

That is acutlly where i live. With out the snow Saratoga is great! Going to the track durring the summer is my favorite past time.

Long Island in da house....
Had a fine o' time Monday night. ME and one other Phins fan in the bar (wearing a Ricky Jersey) he spent the entire night playing some dumb video game and only looked up when I was yelling "RUN RICKY RUN" :shakeno:

Btw...:jetssuck:

I know its a NYC deal here, but I am from NJ, does that count? I hate not being able to watch the fins on Sunday unless its a Sun night game or Mon night game. #34 will carry us to January baby!!!!

I live on Long Island and the best thing I ever did was get Direct TV about 3 years ago....don't have to hang out in a bar with loud jet fans.....its tough enough with all the newspapers and radio proclaiming every year that Gang Green will be Super....but it is what we must deal with....I go to training camp for the past 4 years(the wife is great about it) and try to get to at least one game a year.....nice to know there are other fin fans close

Re: Re: Re: Re: How many Phin fans from NY?

Originally posted by Dajesus
That is acutlly where i live. With out the snow Saratoga is great! Going to the track durring the summer is my favorite past time.

Ohh man, that place gets Crazy during the summer, I rented out 2 rooms duing the track season for 1000/wk. It paid our rent there for 3 months (LOL):lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How many Phin fans from NY?

Originally posted by Barbarian
Ohh man, that place gets Crazy during the summer, I rented out 2 rooms duing the track season for 1000/wk. It paid our rent there for 3 months (LOL):lol:

I think it was 4 years ago that I worked there for the summer. Best summer job ever! I got paid 10 an hour to serve beer, and could bet on all the races, and walk around the place for half the day. I hit an exacta on a horse named skull buster. He was a 75-1 longshot. It covered all my leisure money for the whole next semester in college.

The other big perk of the job was we would buy a keg about 3 times week from the beer tent, and charge 5 bucks a cup in the employee parking lot after the races. We would stumble home, and then hit downtown a few hours later. Oh college was grand.

Back
Top Bottom