Could wait a year or 2
Detroit
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Redskins
Saints
Packers

That's 12 and could be less .i believe 4 will be taken this year in the first. One by Giants, Jags, Denver and Pitt.
Leaving us in prime position in 2020 without tanking.
What do you think?

Deffinetly Now
Miami
Denver
Giants
Jags
Cincy

Could wait a year or 2
Detroit
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Redskins
Saints
Packers

That's 12 and could be less .i believe 4 will be taken this year in the first. One by Giants, Jags, Denver and Pitt.
What do you think?

I disagree! Pitt still has Ben and I couldn't see them taking a QB 1st round with that pick. Same thing with Cincy. I couldn't see them taking a 1st round pick with Dalton being Dalton. Finally, Jags have a strange relationship with Bortles. As a matter of fact didn't they extend his contract in the offseason after their AFC Championship game not to long ago?

So in this scenario, I could see Giants, Redskins, and Denver as for sure teams that could take a QB 1st round.

Every year, same ****.

Like 5 teams above us who will need a QB.

Just goes to show, without a franchise QB, you’re in the shithouse

Deffinetly Now
Miami
Denver
Giants
Jags
Cincy

Could wait a year or 2
Detroit
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Redskins
Saints
Packers

What do you think?
I think you have to have a top 6 pick to have a good chance of getting a top QB prospect

That means either you lose a lot of games, or you use future resources to move up.

To me, it is more important where we are in 3 years, than winning 8 games as opposed to 4 next season.

If we had anything near a complete team, I might feel otherwise. We have so many areas that need addressing, I don't see a scenario where we are competitive, and also clear cap space simultaneously.

I would add in Arizona. I know they drafted Josh Rosen, but I believe they brought in Kingsbury to draft and work with Kyler Murray. Rosen hasn't done enough to convince me in his rookie season. Sure, he has time, but I think Arizona might move on before giving him that time.

I think Nick Foles to the Jags makes a lot of sense. Their team doesn't need a bigtime QB, they just need someone who can manage a game and be careful with the ball behind a good run game and strong defense.

It seems the Broncos are set on Drew Lock, that looks like a solid link. If Arizona drafts Kyler Murray (and I think they will, although they might trade down to do it), that takes away the only guy I see as a top prospect. Haskins is out there, although I'm not a fan, he has his share of fans.

I can see a team trading for Tannehill even with that contract.

In essence, any team that doesn't have a top 10 quarterback could be looking to upgrade.

That list could be expanded to include 2/3 of the league.

I would add in Arizona. I know they drafted Josh Rosen, but I believe they brought in Kingsbury to draft and work with Kyler Murray. Rosen hasn't done enough to convince me in his rookie season. Sure, he has time, but I think Arizona might move on before giving him that time.

I think Nick Foles to the Jags makes a lot of sense. Their team doesn't need a bigtime QB, they just need someone who can manage a game and be careful with the ball behind a good run game and strong defense.

It seems the Broncos are set on Drew Lock, that looks like a solid link. If Arizona drafts Kyler Murray (and I think they will, although they might trade down to do it), that takes away the only guy I see as a top prospect. Haskins is out there, although I'm not a fan, he has his share of fans.

I can see a team trading for Tannehill even with that contract.

Has anyone ever drafted a QB in the top 10 or even in the 1st round and immediately drafted another QB in the 1st round the following year. It's unprecedented, I think it's more likely Klingsbury was brought in to coach up Rosen in the same sense that Gase was brought in for Tannehill.

Has anyone ever drafted a QB in the top 10 or even in the 1st round and immediately drafted another QB in the 1st round the following year. It's unprecedented, I think it's more likely Klingsbury was brought in to coach up Rosen in the same sense that Gase was brought in for Tannehill.
Maybe he will, but this guys primary remark before being tapped to be the Arizona Cardinal's head coach was to publicly declare that the Arizona Cardinals should select Kyler Murray with the #1 overall pick. I could easily be wrong, but I think that's exactly why they hired him, to re-invent their offense with Kyler Murray … and that means not with Josh Rosen.

Sure, after the combine and as we get closer to the draft things could change, and perhaps if they still want Murray, they may accept the lucrative offer to trade down and still get him. But at the end of the day, I think the Arizona Cardinals have not received good reports on Josh Rosen. He entered the draft as a brooding rich kid with options who played on a good UCLA team where his teammates didn't really like him. He had the tools, but he didn't succeed and Baker Mayfield did, and even Sam Darnold and Josh Allen had their flashes. Don't be surprised if Kingsbury isn't all-in on Team-Rosen.

Deffinetly Now
Miami
Denver
Giants
Jags
Cincy

Could wait a year or 2
Detroit
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Redskins
Saints
Packers

What do you think?

Don't agree with all your list, but I like a list of 'need now' and 'shopping ' as in all drafts, there should be a 'can you beat our other offers?'

Deffinetly Now
Miami
Denver
Giants
Jags
Cincy
Redskins

Could wait a year or 2
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Redskins
Saints
Packers

What do you think?

Deffinetly Now
Miami
Denver
Giants
Jags
Cincy

Could wait a year or 2
Detroit
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Redskins
Saints
Packers

Miami - Agree, need is there until it's proven not to be
Denver - Agree, Elway sucks at spotting talent via draft and FA so who knows what they do
Giants - Will probably take Eli replacement this year
Jags - Agree but they could land Foles which takes them off the board
Cincy - Zac Taylor will spend at least two years trying to prove he can fix Dalton

Lions -Stafford wins just enough to leave promise of hope that will linger for another year or two
Steelers - Drafted their replacement recently
Chargers - They are close in the eyes of many to SB, so they will probably spend a off season or two trying to put pieces around Rivers instead of finding his replacement
Pats - They take a QB rather there is a need or not, the BB way
Redskins - Could very well be the landing spot for Tannehill
Saints - May resign Teddy
Packers - Nope, Aaron has a few years left in him, you put pieces around him

So really, there is 4 maybe 5 this year that need a QB/could draft to hand the reigns to eventually, the following year you never know.

There will probably be 3 QBs taken in the top ten this year and it's a weak class.

Every year there's going to be 2-5 QBs take in the first 10 picks depending on how weak or deep the class is.

Point is, we want a franchise QB we need to be picking top 10, and really more like top 3 because that's where the real elite QBs will always go.

Back
Top Bottom