How many times has Miami......

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
Originally posted by relive1972
beaten a defending SB Champion? :D
12 times:

jets 10/10/70, 20-6

jets 12/13/70, 16-10

baltimore colts 10/29/72, 23-0

baltimore colts 12/16/72, 16-0

dallas 11/22/73, 14-7

oakland 12/10/78, 23-6

steelers 9/10/82, 30-10

49ers 11/6/83, 20-17

washington 9/2/84, 35-17

washington 10/4/93, 17-10

denver 9/13/99, 38-21

denver 12/2/2001, don't remember the score!

:D
 

relive1972

Premium Member
Joined
May 3, 2002
Messages
847
Reaction score
0
Age
60
Location
Pensacola
You're way off my friend. I'm looking for the number of times Miami has beaten a defending SB Champion. In other words, beating a team that won the SB the previous season. Most of the wins you listed are against teams 2 years after winning SBs. You're right with the Broncos in '99, but you need to look again.
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
Originally posted by relive1972
You're way off my friend. I'm looking for the number of times Miami has beaten a defending SB Champion. In other words, beating a team that won the SB the previous season. Most of the wins you listed are against teams 2 years after winning SBs. You're right with the Broncos in '99, but you need to look again.
jets won the SB in 69, the dolphins beat em twice in 70. the colts won the SB in 71 and the fins shut em out twice in 72 and so on..................check it out!
 

relive1972

Premium Member
Joined
May 3, 2002
Messages
847
Reaction score
0
Age
60
Location
Pensacola
Look at it this way. The Patriots right now are the defending SB Champs. Right? Of course. Going by the way I put it, that was the 2001 season. Going by the way you're seeing it is the SB was played in 2002, and their next season would be in 2003. That's not the case. If you're looking at the actual year the SB was played, you have to figure the season in the same year of that SB as the following season.

Yesterday, the Dolphins beat the defending SB Champs, who won the SB as a result of their 2001 season, not the 2002 season.
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
i'll get you another answer

i was a day late and a dollar short. i took say, a 1969 SB winner and looked at 1970 for the fins games instead of the same year. i was completely wrong, i'll check back later!;)
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
Re: i'll get you another answer

Originally posted by dolfan06
i was a day late and a dollar short. i took say, a 1969 SB winner and looked at 1970 for the fins games instead of the same year. i was completely wrong, i'll check back later!;)
5 times;

11/21/71 baltimore colts 17-14

11/25/93 dallas 16-14

12/21/98 denver 31-21

9/13/99 denver 38-21

10/6/02 new england 26-13
 

relive1972

Premium Member
Joined
May 3, 2002
Messages
847
Reaction score
0
Age
60
Location
Pensacola
Re: Re: i'll get you another answer

Originally posted by dolfan06
5 times;

11/21/71 baltimore colts 17-14

11/25/93 dallas 16-14

12/21/98 denver 31-21

9/13/99 denver 38-21

10/6/02 new england 26-13
That looks much better. I'm showing 2 more wins though. (including 1 in playoffs). :up:
 

dolfan06

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
154
Age
74
Location
FayettevilleArkansas
Re: Re: Re: i'll get you another answer

Originally posted by relive1972


That looks much better. I'm showing 2 more wins though. (including 1 in playoffs). :up:
i just put in regular season!:rolleyes:
 

relive1972

Premium Member
Joined
May 3, 2002
Messages
847
Reaction score
0
Age
60
Location
Pensacola
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i'll get you another answer

Originally posted by dolfan06
the other regular season win was against dallas 11/5/78, 23-16
That's it! The one playoff win was a 21-0 win over the Colts in the '71 season BTW. :D
 
Top Bottom