How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

All in the same year?

The one OC that I was told was a terrible OC that had no business calling plays last year, Byron Leftwich, was hired by Bruce Ariens. I think Bruce knows a thing or two about OCs. Rosen's situation last year wasnt all doom and gloom. Maybe he just wasnt good enough.

You say Tua could be a bust in the NFL and also say we don’t know what we have in Rosen yet. Rosen has played in the NFL already and led that Arizona team to the 1st over all pick last draft, yet you want to wait to see if he pans out behind an even worse offensive line? He might throw one or two “dimes” on the field in garbage time, but his other throws were wildly inaccurate, and his 2 picks show that. There’s a reason why Flores didn’t want him starting, kid couldn’t even identify the mike LB. Sorry but we all got a glimpse of what he was capable of last year. I don’t need to OR want to wait until he “pans” out and sputters for the next 7 years.

i don’t really get the love for Rosen.

It’s not the love of Rosen but the potential of him with all the picks. If he hasn’t ever learned to identify the Mike doesn’t that prove his potential?

You're trying to measure Rosen based on Ws and Ls. We and Ls are the result of a team effort.

A QB influences a game more than any other player. But the other 52 players can be the reason for a loss.

You're over simplifying a complex assessment.

let’s say he’s MVP of 7 games, makes plays when the OL breaks down

It’s not the love of Rosen but the potential of him with all the picks. If he hasn’t ever learned to identify the Mike doesn’t that prove his potential?

Haha not sure I would pistol whip him over that but I damn sure wouldnt point to that to show his potential.

Let me ask you this. Do you think any fans in Arizona are missing Rosen right now. They just saw Murray throw for 300 yards in his first two NFL games of his career. You know how many games Rosen has done that in 13 games? ZERO. He hasnt even sniffed 300 yards. 252 yards his the most he threw for last year. Out of 13 games he only threw for over 200 yards 4 times. Im not sure people understand how bad he was last year.

Haha not sure I would pistol whip him over that but I damn sure wouldnt point to that to show his potential.

no you’re right lol it does show he was never going to succeed last year and was put in an unfair situation

I don't think this year 2019 is the only chance Rosen gets, when we get a decent to good offensive line 2020 hopefully he will get another shot unless someone throws a 1st round pick in our face.

Coaching staff has to know the offensive line isn't quite good yet

Let me ask you this. Do you think any fans in Arizona are missing Rosen right now. They just saw Murray throw for 300 yards in his first two NFL games of his career. You know how many games Rosen has done that in 13 games? ZERO. He hasnt even sniffed 300 yards. 252 yards his the most he threw for last year. Out of 13 games he only threw for over 200 yards 4 times. Im not sure people understand how bad he was last year.

You are not wrong. However, to play Devil's Advocate because i enjoy the debate:

Murray has thrown 94 passes in his first 2 games in a pass happy spread concept offense to get those 657 yards with 2 TD and 1 INT.

On the flipside, it took Rosen 4 games to throw 90 passes. Those 90 attempts equated to 626 yards for 2 TD and 2 INT.

Murray was sacked 8 times. Rosen 7. So all in all, not much different.

You are not wrong. However, to play Devil's Advocate because i enjoy the debate:

Murray has thrown 94 passes in his first 2 games in a pass happy spread concept offense to get those 657 yards with 2 TD and 1 INT.

On the flipside, it took Rosen 4 games to throw 90 passes. Those 90 attempts equated to 626 yards for 2 TD and 2 INT.

Murray was sacked 8 times. Rosen 7. So all in all, not much different.
Throwing for 2 TDs in 2 games and 2 TDs in 4 games is definitely different when you're trying to win games. Also, as volume rises efficiency generally falls so Kyler's passing numbers are more valuable than Rosen's low volume/low efficiency numbers. He's just bad.

The thing with Kyler is that he is in an offense that he already knows. Rosen was in a **** show last year with the OC getting fired and now in a new offense again.

If Rosen doesn’t show potential then I have no problem with drafting a QB. I just hope it’s not Tua. I see Tua as a potential bust. Herbert is who I would draft.

Wins don't matter this year. It's about development and improvement. Any win is a bonus. And I don't advocate for them losing. I don't give a rat's ass what pick they get. It will obviously be high. Pitt's may be high as well. And who knows about Houston. They could make the playoffs, or they could bomb. It's a long season. So much will happen between now and January.

The thing with Kyler is that he is in an offense that he already knows. Rosen was in a **** show last year with the OC getting fired and now in a new offense again.

If Rosen doesn’t show potential then I have no problem with drafting a QB. I just hope it’s not Tua. I see Tua as a potential bust. Herbert is who I would draft.
He's in an offense he already knows based on what? Kingsbury wasn't his coach.

Back
Top Bottom