How many years has wanny set us back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many years has wanny set us back

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
so it seems that coach wanny was the big reason our rasta running back quit, maybe ricky is smarter then we think, how many more careers did he screw up and how many years did he set us back, i am thinking like thirty

Lets put it this way... in terms of Evolution... where we are now in 2005 in human evolution and civilization, Wanny has set us back to the cavemen years.

Bonedoc7777 said:
so it seems that coach wanny was the big reason our rasta running back quit, maybe ricky is smarter then we think, how many more careers did he screw up and how many years did he set us back, i am thinking like thirty

Yeah because the super bowls were just rolling in before he took over...

Yeah because the super bowls were just rolling in before he took over...

It sucks to not one win in 30 years. Did that stop you from enjoying Dan Marino in the 80's or the Dolphins since. Since Wanny came on board watching Fiedler lead the team was very frustrating. His attitude of lets run the ball every play and play good defense just didn't work. I'm surprised he never punted on third down to win the "field position" battle. That field position garbage was mentioned every game. A real lame 5 years, thanks Wanny.

Uncle Rico said:
It sucks to not one win in 30 years. Did that stop you from enjoying Dan Marino in the 80's or the Dolphins since. Since Wanny came on board watching Fiedler lead the team was very frustrating. His attitude of lets run the ball every play and play good defense just didn't work. I'm surprised he never punted on third down to win the "field position" battle. That field position garbage was mentioned every game. A real lame 5 years, thanks Wanny.

Yet in his first 4 seasons Wanny and Fiedler had a better winning percentage then Shula and Marino.

Not saying one was better then the other, because we clearly we know who was. Just making a point that he didn't set us back at all.

We were never SB caliber anyway to begin with.

The defense we had was never good enough to be what the Ravens and TB'S defense was. That's how our team was molded and our defense buckled under the pressure. Not the defenses fault. It's just you can't be one sided.

It wasn't just Wanny who was one sided.

Johnson was a one sided coach. Only cared about defense didn't bother getting a RB or some WR'S
Shula never got us a defense.

IMO Wanny did what he had to do.

First it was this team was missing a RB so he went and got Williams
Then we were missing depth on defense. He goes and gets Knight and Seau
Then we were missing a WR and O-line. Screwed up the O-line but he got us a WR in Boston.

They didn't pan out, but atleast he acknowledged our weaknesses and tried to fix them.

Had he only worked on the O-line early on it would have been a different story. But up until 2 seasons ago only a handful of people even thought our O-line was a weak link.

We now got a new coach who is not one sided. He has upgraded and on paper upgraded offense and defense while gaining depth.

Let's see what happens.

Yet in his first 4 seasons Wanny and Fiedler had a better winning percentage then Shula and Marino.

What are you comparing this to? Shula and Marinos first four years? Their 13 years?

Yeah I agree with the one sidedness. Shula had no D, Johnson no O, and Wanny no QB-oline-and Jimmy's old Defense. I just saw a steady decline when Wanny was coach and didn't care for his gameplan. You can't argue that his gameplan was downright awful and nothing to get excited about. Did Wanny set this team back? Yes. he sucked

fint0xicated said:
Good lord...someone shoot that fat kid already.
I thought he would have had a heart attack by now! That Fat F*#@k!!:roflmao:

Uncle Rico said:
What are you comparing this to? Shula and Marinos first four years? Their 17 years?

Yeah I agree with the one sidedness. Shula had no D, Johnson no O, and Wanny no QB-oline-and Jimmy's old Defense. I just saw a steady decline when Wanny was coach and didn't care for his gameplan. You can't argue that his gameplan was downright awful and nothing to get excited about. Did Wanny set this team back? Yes. he sucked
I definately saw a steady decline too. But it may be an easy hole to climb out of.

Actually Wanny just kept us in a holding pattern, we didn't take steps forward or backward, Speilman started the real change last yeear and I honestly think he would have taken us to the promise land if given time..

MDFINFAN said:
Actually Wanny just kept us in a holding pattern, we didn't take steps forward or backward, Speilman started the real change last yeear and I honestly think he would have taken us to the promise land if given time..
Yeah, I think Spielman deserves more respect. He made some good moves, some bad moves, and had some good ideas that never came to be.

GRYPHONK said:

Not saying one was better then the other, because we clearly we know who was. Just making a point that he didn't set us back at all.

We were never SB caliber anyway to begin with.

The defense we had was never good enough to be what the Ravens and TB'S defense was. That's how our team was molded and our defense buckled under the pressure. Not the defenses fault. It's just you can't be one sided.

It wasn't just Wanny who was one sided.

Johnson was a one sided coach. Only cared about defense didn't bother getting a RB or some WR'S
Shula never got us a defense.

IMO Wanny did what he had to do.

First it was this team was missing a RB so he went and got Williams
Then we were missing depth on defense. He goes and gets Knight and Seau
Then we were missing a WR and O-line. Screwed up the O-line but he got us a WR in Boston.

They didn't pan out, but atleast he acknowledged our weaknesses and tried to fix them.

Had he only worked on the O-line early on it would have been a different story. But up until 2 seasons ago only a handful of people even thought our O-line was a weak link.

We now got a new coach who is not one sided. He has upgraded and on paper upgraded offense and defense while gaining depth.

Let's see what happens.

Not to argue too much here but I seem to remember JJ drafting a boatload of backs at least 2 yrs straight. Plus he did have karim one hit and down Jabbar.

For a fewyears. And at least JJ tried drafting running backs. Even though they never panned out. What kinds of picks did we get with Wanny. I don't think I have ever seen so many busts being drafted from a coach.

gofins said:
I thought he would have had a heart attack by now! That Fat F*#@k!!:roflmao:

He's not fat, he's big boned. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Poor gameplanning only affects the current year, so he didnt set us back at all there.
Poor drafting... It will probably take Saban at least a couple of years to get the right players on the roster.
Poor choice of assistants...this is probably the worst. Even when Wanny got lucky with a pick, he still ended up subjecting the player to some really bad teachers....especially Tony Wise. Houck did wonders with SD's line, but I dont think those players had to "un-learn" as much bad coaching as our guys do. I'd say a 3-4 year setback here.

Overall.....IMO Wanny probably set us back 2 and a half years.

Back
Top Bottom