How Miami Dolphins Qb Josh Rosen Could Benefit From Waiting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Miami Dolphins Qb Josh Rosen Could Benefit From Waiting

He's a project because he hasn't shown he's ready to start after being given the chance to prove himself in camp and preseason games.

after being given a chance as a starter in arizona last season. they didnt want him. no one else offered 2nd rounder. and now we're rolling with RFP over him to start. let that sink in.

Never realized this was only a 1 year deal.

Beyond that -- every player that gets drafted or in Rosen's case -- traded after 1 season -- has to prove themselves
and funny thing is -- none come with a virtual guarantee. But I get it. Those who want to criticize and/or trash the
FO or staff etc. are going to seize every opportunity.

IMO it's best right now to just deal with what is at present -- and trust (or hope) the FO and staff have a plan in place
that will get us to where we want to be. But it's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to early to start questioning the process
because there's a long way to go -- and I think most "reasonable" fans get that.
I like what you're saying.

A possible scenario nobody talks about is Miami has him on the cheap for 3 years.

Perhaps Miami drafts a QB next year like Tua or Fromm or a FA to start and it turns out the game clicks for Rosen next year or 2021 or 2022 and Miami has two viable QBs and Rosen becomes tradeable for a 2nd or worthy of starting for Miami or...

There are a lot of possibilities how sitting Rosen to start the season is the best situation for Miami and Rosen.

If Flores knows Rosen isn't ready to swim why throw him in the deep end to drown?

I like what you're saying.

A possible scenario nobody talks about is Miami has him on the cheap for 3 years.

Perhaps Miami drafts a QB next year like Tua or Fromm or a FA to start and it turns out the game clicks for Rosen next year or 2021 or 2022 and Miami has two viable QBs and Rosen becomes tradeable for a 2nd or worthy of starting for Miami or...

There are a lot of possibilities how sitting Rosen to start the season is the best situation for Miami and Rosen.

If Flores knows Rosen isn't ready to swim why throw him in the deep end to drown?
so instead of trading the guy you have not seen play, you trade the guy you know can play because you opted to pick him high in the draft. damn that's wild...

Mike tannebaum is that you?

All these wannabe evaluators of talent here. But yet, not one of them does it for a living. Stick to your day job.

Even if Rosen doesn't start this season, having him around as competition for the QB we take next year is crucial.

so lets cite the hall of fame guys over the last 25 years as the rule and not the exception. in case you were still wondering, rosen is not gonna come close to those guys' careers.
I would appreciate the Powerball numbers for Fridays drawing Nostradamus

TIA

Grier basically disregards all talent available to embrace the rebuild and then makes a silly trade to bring a guy on who was bad last year on a bad team and you put him on a worse team and ask him to be better or he will be replaced next year. I never agreed with that logic, either take pieces and give the kid a chance or roll with the JAGs and draft a QB next year. Ultimately I'm rooting for Rosen but he has the cards stacked against him and Chris Grier looks currently like an idiot imo.

Grier basically disregards all talent available to embrace the rebuild and then makes a silly trade to bring a guy on who was bad last year on a bad team and you put him on a worse team and ask him to be better or he will be replaced next year. I never agreed with that logic, either take pieces and give the kid a chance or roll with the JAGs and draft a QB next year. Ultimately I'm rooting for Rosen but he has the cards stacked against him and Chris Grier looks currently like an idiot imo.

Interesting.

A lot of NFL folks etc. thought the trade down in R2 (picking up an R2 in '20) was a brilliant move
for a team obviously rebuilding. Bag a good QB prospect to develop and simply time defer the R2.

Maybe you should reserve your rather severe judgment until Grier has a chance to actually prove
what he can do with the new FO and staff. Are you expecting a serious playoff drive this year?
If not -- and you understand where the program is at -- then see this as a developmental year
and watch as we develop some new young talent. I think we've already shown some of that.

My contention from day one is that Rosen is a two year project. I believe he gets two seasons to prove himself, and if unsuccessful at that point, they will look for a replacement going into Rosen’s last year. I honestly don’t believe they will draft a QB next year unless Rosen really falls on his face. If it helps us get the kid from Clemson, though, I am all for that.

So I guess you'd classify Mahomes as a project QB? And Rogers? Brady? Farve? The list is endless...

welllll, those guys are the EXCEPTION, not exactly the rule.

If rosen isnt starting than its a major foul up by the finz brass because Rosen has a year and 2 camps of nfl ball under his belt. He needs EVERY SINGLE SNAP of this season for a proper evaluation. You all really want to end the year with only 3-4 games with rosen and then trust the staff to make an informed decision for drafting (or not) a qb this coming year? Not me!!

Fitz starting this season will Win just enough games to keep us out of the playoffs AND enough for a poor draft spot without a shot at the top 3 qb's. Is that what everyone wants because THAT will happen if fitz is the starter.

Should Rosen start the year? He will have enough games for staff and fans to make a clear headed decision if he is the future or we need to keep looking. Or, he will poop the rug and the tua cult will have there guy come draft day.

Win-Win starting and STAYING with rosen.

Loss all the way around starting fitz and/or sitting him and putting rosen in with a handful of games left or in and out through the season. That usually splits a locker room also. They gave a 2nd round pic for a kid who may be a franchise player. So RIDE WITH HIM and honor that 2nd round pic by giving him his shot. There is NO huge gap between fitz and rosen so give it to the youngster (aka future).

You feelin' me Flo? Don't make a gase out of yourself.

so lets cite the hall of fame guys over the last 25 years as the rule and not the exception. in case you were still wondering, rosen is not gonna come close to those guys' careers.

That’s incredibly wrong and unknown...Josh Rosen at this point could end up a hall of famer.... or a bust... no one knows!

He's a project because he hasn't shown he's ready to start after being given the chance to prove himself in camp and preseason games.

If he developed to the point of being worthy to start week 1 there wouldn't be a traded a 2nd for a project narrative.

Neither did Fitz, so go with the younger guy. Besides, if it comes down to one guy throws pics, the other gets sacks, i will take sacks all day over int's. Fitz hasnt fixed his habit of throwing pics over 19 years but rosen is 22 years old with one season with a horrid team and horrid o-line. And nfl speed is the culprit right now behind a crappy line (again) but i believe he will work that out in a full season here.

SIT FITZ!!!

That’s incredibly wrong and unknown...Josh Rosen at this point could end up a hall of famer.... or a bust... no one knows!

ok so i'm going on record as saying as i did the day we made the deal. bad move. kids a soft so. cal scrub.

Back
Top Bottom