How Minkah Fitzpatrick Can Become Dolphins' 'honey Badger' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Minkah Fitzpatrick Can Become Dolphins' 'honey Badger'

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE, Fla. -- Minkah Fitzpatrick just needed a few seconds to himself last Sunday afternoon after the Miami Dolphins' victory over the New York Jets, to take a few breaths and clear his mind.

He had just finished playing 65 of the Dolphins' 66 defensive snaps at three different positions. He spent time at four different positions in practice that week -- outside cornerback, slot cornerback, free safety and strong safety -- and he played just about all of them Sunday.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...can-become-dolphins-version-of-tyrann-mathieu

All the experience at different positions is awesome for knowing the entire secondary BUT they should trade one of our safeties and put him in a FS spot (next year) and watch him grab about 5-6 picks a year. Also need to draft a corner high.

All the experience at different positions is awesome for knowing the entire secondary BUT they should trade one of our safeties and put him in a FS spot (next year) and watch him grab about 5-6 picks a year. Also need to draft a corner high.
You beat me to the punch, it's nice and all but FS is where I would park him.....like forever.

I don’t know why people think he’s only going to play FS.

Nick Saban rarely used him at safety. He can play anywhere and you use that talent and use him everywhere.

Agree that’d I’d like to see him stable at one position, but that takes away part of what makes him special. Use him against the other teams strengths. Make them guess where he will be. They know where X and Jones are- make them mess up when Minkah isn’t where they planned. Too much talent and brains to utilize him in a vanilla way.

USATSI_11319959-718x490.jpg

He had just finished playing 65 of the Dolphins' 66 defensive snaps at three different positions. He spent time at four different positions in practice that week -- outside cornerback, slot cornerback, free safety and strong safety -- and he played just about all of them Sunday.

"My brain is fried," Fitzpatrick said, with a laugh.

Fitzpatrick is the Dolphins' most versatile defensive player, and he's just a rookie. He's a man without a set position, and he's on his way to becoming the Dolphins' version of the "Honey Badger" -- the Houston Texans' Tyrann Mathieu.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...can-become-dolphins-version-of-tyrann-mathieu

The question is CAN Burke find the snaps for Minkah
or will he cut Minkah's snaps with the return of
Jones?

If he doesn't find the snaps for Minkah
I will be absolutely done with Burke

I will settle for a Brock Marion v 2.0

Nick Saban rarely used him at safety. He can play anywhere and you use that talent and use him everywhere.

Yah, we just need to be creative about it. The FS can be lined up in 2 deep, play man from the slot, blitz etc.

The question is CAN Burke find the snaps for Minkah
or will he cut Minkah's snaps with the return of
Jones?

If he doesn't find the snaps for Minkah
I will be absolutely done with Burke

Why wouldn't they sit TJ instead of Reshad when they bring Minkah in? I didn't understand that really, unless they were trying to keep all 3 equal in reps.

I'd prefer to see them draft a competent FS in the later rounds which would allow for even more flexibility for Minkah.

Why wouldn't they sit TJ instead of Reshad when they bring Minkah in? I didn't understand that really, unless they were trying to keep all 3 equal in reps.

Because honestly TJ has played much better than Jones at this point in this season

Because honestly TJ has played much better than Jones at this point in this season

If thats what they think then makes sense. TJ is very inconsistent to me. Usually tackles well except for a few games where he was missing everything. Pass pro I don't think he's very good. Very hot and cold. I'd still prefer Reshad back there with MF than TJ for now.

Back
Top Bottom