How Much Credit Does Flores Deserve For Sb Gameplan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Credit Does Flores Deserve For Sb Gameplan?

Everything the Patriots do runs through BB. That's why coaches and players come and go but the rings continue to pile up.

Having said that Flores will have obviously made a significant contribution to the gameplay and apparently called the plays.

Wonder if he will call plays in Miami or leave the to the LB coach from the Packers

I disagree to a point. Matt Patricia did the same with the Lions D before BB ever saw them. He helped show what to do against them because they played the same.

“Flo talked about when he wanted to call it and there was a time earlier in the game where he thought about it but he didn’t (call it),” McCourty continued. “This time when it came up, there was no hesitation. And when he called it we all kinda looked at each other like, ‘Here it is…’ . We talked about it all week, if we got there quick we could make him throw it up. All eyes back on the quarterback. Steph did what he’s done all year.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/how-blitz-and-pick-summed-style-2018-patriots

“He’s a different style play-caller,” said Harmon. “That’s Flo. Flo’s an aggressive guy. He loves to call the games that way and allow us to get after the quarterbacks and that’s what we were really good at. When we were able to get after the quarterback, confuse the quarterback and not let him know where we were coming from it made it hard and it made it easier for us.

“I tell people all the time,” Harmon continued. “Flo’s a smart coach, a great coach, but the best thing he does is, Flo is a leader of men. He can get the best out of anybody. I’m excited to see what he does next year (as head coach of the Dolphins, a post Flores will sign on for this week). We’ll see them twice and hopefully we’re whupping on them but I know he’s gonna do a great job down there.”

Flores deflected the praise for the play.

“The players executed it,” he said. “We practiced that over and over and those guys did a great job of executing it and it was a big play in the game. Steph made a great catch.”

As for the overall performance, holding one of the NFL’s most explosive offenses to three points?

“It’s a testament to the players,” he said. “I didn’t play today. Total team effort. I love each and every one of these guys and they played lights out tonight. We felt good. We knew we had to play well, though. You can feel as good as you want but if you go out there and don’t execute and don’t play well, it’s hard. And those guys, every snap was high level.”

“He’s a different style play-caller,” said Harmon. “That’s Flo. Flo’s an aggressive guy. He loves to call the games that way and allow us to get after the quarterbacks and that’s what we were really good at. When we were able to get after the quarterback, confuse the quarterback and not let him know where we were coming from it made it hard and it made it easier for us.

“I tell people all the time,” Harmon continued. “Flo’s a smart coach, a great coach, but the best thing he does is, Flo is a leader of men. He can get the best out of anybody. I’m excited to see what he does next year (as head coach of the Dolphins, a post Flores will sign on for this week). We’ll see them twice and hopefully we’re whupping on them but I know he’s gonna do a great job down there.”

Flores deflected the praise for the play.

“The players executed it,” he said. “We practiced that over and over and those guys did a great job of executing it and it was a big play in the game. Steph made a great catch.”

As for the overall performance, holding one of the NFL’s most explosive offenses to three points?

“It’s a testament to the players,” he said. “I didn’t play today. Total team effort. I love each and every one of these guys and they played lights out tonight. We felt good. We knew we had to play well, though. You can feel as good as you want but if you go out there and don’t execute and don’t play well, it’s hard. And those guys, every snap was high level.”

Music to my ears

The HC will always get the lions share of the credit.

Not as much as Goff’s suckiness! Both DC's had a good plan. Phillips had to stop Brady, Flores had to stop Jared "Ryan Tannehill" Goff (honestly Tannehill usually chews up the Pats defense once a year @ Miami) what would you rather have? Goff missed open reads and was routinely late with his throws. Even one completion to Cooks, which should have been reviewed and overturned give LA credit for running a play right away as Miami typically changes personnel and takes the whole play clock down in those situations (I'm not bitter at all), he was late.

Last edited:
Deserves a lot of credit. Belechick referred to Flores calling the blitz, first time in the game sending 6, leading to Gilmore picking off the ball near goal line. He called an unbelievable game. Goff looked confused all night long.
Mc Vay could have helped him by calling a better game and by adding something the Pats haven't sen all year...

The Pats were in perfect position on defense, almost every time....

Stolen from twitter....

In transition from Matt Patricia to Brian Flores, NE went from....

25th to 5th in takeaways
17th to 7th in opponent passer rating
20th to 11th in rush defense
30th to 22nd in pass defense

Stolen from twitter....

In transition from Matt Patricia to Brian Flores, NE went from....

25th to 5th in takeaways
17th to 7th in opponent passer rating
20th to 11th in rush defense
30th to 22nd in pass defense

There is also posts that Belichick was spending a lot more time with the defense than in years past.

Back
Top Bottom