How much draft capital would you trade to get the #1 pick from Cincy for Burrow? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much draft capital would you trade to get the #1 pick from Cincy for Burrow?

I wouldn't give up anything because I like the consolation prize in Tua more. If we end up #1 (and that is still very possible, if we lose out and the Skins and Bengals win one other game it is probably ours on SoS), then there is a choice to make between Burrow and Tua, I would personally still put Tua on the card but would be happy to roll with Burrow also if the team don't want to take the risk. Both I feel will be stars. If Tua does not declare then it's a tougher call for me, I probably would flip a second rounder, I'm not in love with him enough to give up another first at this stage.

My thoughts are identical.

Whatever the Bengals want. Should of known the tua posters boys would have the most comments in this thread lmao, tryhards.

We didnt trade guys for 1st rounders for nothing. We better hope Tuas injury doesnt look bad, so Cincy can draft him.

If tua goes to cincy, id run to the podium for Burrow. Redskins and Giants wont take QB

We didnt trade guys for 1st rounders for nothing.

This is a huge point I think a lot of people are forgetting. We gave away a future pro bowl LT, who has been as good as we've had in recent years (I think we did that because Tua is a lefty) and a hugely talented, high character (although he did betray that in his final few months with us) safety we drafted two drafts ago. Both had plety of time on their Rookie deals and in the case of Tunsil he was more than affordable with the amount of cap space we had cleared to extend.

We didn't do all that to take a pass rusher, or OT or in CBS mock drafters world a safety with our first pick and end up with a middle of the road prospect at the game most important position.

I am not saying I would make the trade i was asking IF we really wanted Burrow how much would you give up.

I think Miami likes Herbert and I think he has been there guy for a while.

Herbert seems a little Josh Alleny to me, great physical traits but questionable intangibles.

Tua worried me due to his injury history(before the hip)and the fact that he was excelling while surrounded by NFL talent.

Fromm is a little lacking in physical traits but has the intangibles coming out of his ears.

Burrow is a one season wonder and likely out of our reach anyway.

I have not seen much of Jordan Love so i can't really comment on him.

I am not sure i want any of them to be honest, but I am really leery of college QB's and i have not really been in love with one since Deshaun Watson/ Pat Mahomes.

Why? Because he wins in the NCAA? He is gonna start day 1 and can he feel the pocket collapse?

Yes, did you see the LSU games vs, Texas, Auburn, Florida, and Bama?

he extend plays against a D that will choke him off like they do Mayfield and Darnold.
The dude doesn’t not have the arm to bail himself out?

Either he can feel the pocket collapse and get mobile, or he can't. To answer the question, yes, did you see the LSU games vs, Texas, Auburn, Florida, and Bama?

Why would anyone give any capital to move up this year of all years the QBs are OK let them sit and marinate and watch and learn

before throwing them to the freaking wolves -

I can agree with this...ESPECIALLY moving up to get Tua who has a lot more to prove than Burrow.

I wouldn't give anything to trade up for a QB as things stand right now - but value is going to change significantly between now and draft day. I remember how Baker Mayfield went from being a guy that lots of people had coming to Miami in mid round 1 and he rose throughout the process and went #1 overall. That could easily happen with Burrow, Herbert, Tua, etc. That's the fun thing about the draft. There is so much talent that it's not unusual to have more than 5 guys predicted to be top 5 picks. Burrow is good and may be my favorite but I like Herbert and Tua too. If I'm completely honest I think with Tua's injury that the best Pro QB in this draft will end up being Herbert. It's tough to ignore all that size, arm strength and production. He's also done a solid job shoring up the things he needed to work on with footwork, decision making and really stepped up an already strong resume. To me it's all about value. We have lots of needs, so I think getting players at value picks and not reaching is important. Burrow and Herbert have lots of fans that think they are the answer for Miami. I'm sure Bengals and maybe Colts fans are also thinking the same for their teams. The only player right now that I'd like a trade up for is DE Chase Young.

I'd focus on Justin Herbert and Jake Fromm, not trading up for Burrow, who I like by the way.

Last edited:
One of his biggest strengths are extending plays and escaping the rush. Did you watch him against Florida and Alabama?

Last year how did Burrow measure against Bama when they could stop people? (outside of Clemson) Do you believe Bama D is the same team this year? Florida was missing it's best DEs against LSU i would expect the QB to show better
I don't see anything remarkable about Bama D this year Shredded by every one. Just because they play for Bama doesnt mean they are NFL caliber half the D is first and second year players

Why did we give up on Tanny Mr Game manager just to get another Middling QB? Tanny is Mr 8-8 we need more than Average. Brady is gonna leave the AFCE we need the Next One. And if he isn't in the draft or available by trade you build the team up with all those picks and you keep Rosen and Fitz and have the ammo to select next year

Some of these Qbs look OK coming out but none are ready day one to be starters and succeed

Case in point the last few QB classes where guys were rushed as starters how many are looking good Vs. those who were given more time? Mahomes that extra time paid off

But any QB selected 1-3 oa will be handed the keys to the franchise ~ You know it i know it

i just hate the idea of trading up. But if a QB were to drop I’d prefer Burrow but it’s not happening. So I’ll root for Tua and hold my breath that he’s not frail.

Back
Top Bottom