How much of a "once in a lifetime opportunity" would you qualify the Fins making it to the SB this year? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much of a "once in a lifetime opportunity" would you qualify the Fins making it to the SB this year?

Going to Super Bowl has always been on my bucket list. Going to one with the Dolphins would make it even better.

But the price now days makes it unattainable for most people. Spent $1500 to race in one of the biggest kart races in America. Spent $2000 to go to NFC Championship game in New Orleans a few years ago. Thats about my limit for a weekend of entertainment. $10-15K would go a long way to fund 5-10 of the other major events.

I resigned myself to the fact I probably won't cross that one off bucket list.

That's really cool @Smitten2021 .... I will step out on a limb and say your situation is better than the average fan ...

Maybe I have a family depending on me, but maybe its a small price to pay for everything I do for them? Ever think of that?

No i never thought of that... because if my family depends on me then it's my responsibility to always make them first regardless. No big deal to me if you disagree, I was simply stating my opinion... I'm sure there are others that think differently.

I'm not sure how much money we're talking about but spending thousands of dollars on me for a one day vacation is not something I would consider unless I was wealthy enough that it didn't matter.

I would rather rent a place, have food catered hook it up with the appropriate big screen and sound and invite my friends and family ... I would spend less and enjoy it more ... friends and family may even chip in.

To each their own. :cool:

If I had the cash nothing would stop me from going. I was 3 the last time we went to the SB. Who knows when it will happen again?

I think if the opportunity was there that I would do it. No guarantees they make it back again in my lifetime. Never know when time is up.

I'd buy stupid nice seats and probably have to pay for my brother just so we could go together. I'm saving for a beach house (part time rental) and this would absolutely bump that back a year.

Absolutely worth it

That's really cool @Smitten2021 .... I will step out on a limb and say your situation is better than the average fan ...

Maybe I have a family depending on me, but maybe its a small price to pay for everything I do for them? Ever think of that?

No i never thought of that... because if my family depends on me then it's my responsibility to always make them first regardless. No big deal to me if you disagree, I was simply stating my opinion... I'm sure there are others that think differently.

I'm not sure how much money we're talking about but spending thousands of dollars on me for a one day vacation is not something I would consider unless I was wealthy enough that it didn't matter.

I would rather rent a place, have food catered hook it up with the appropriate big screen and sound and invite my friends and family ... I would spend less and enjoy it more ... friends and family may even chip in.

To each their own. :cool:
Yeah I mean... if this move would put my family in any kind of financial danger, I wouldnt consider it obviously.

No judgement from me @NBP81 ... Everybody has different situations... I was simply stating my opinion. I would love to be able to be there win or lose... it probably would be a once in a lifetime thing ... but I couldn't pull the trigger unless I could afford to lose the money... like gambling, only spend what you can afford to lose ... unfortunately

Sometimes you gotta grab your balls and yell, “Geronimo.”
1669426910792.gif

I’d say I think I’d drop $10k on a good seat. If it went outside that realm, then I’d have to give it more thought. Time will tell.

Simply asking because Im pondering dropping the dough on the trip if they were to make it. Im not rich, it would make a serious dent in the wallet... But if its once in a lifetime bucket list type ****, do you consider it?
Honestly I’d rather watch it at home on TV.

Simply asking because Im pondering dropping the dough on the trip if they were to make it. Im not rich, it would make a serious dent in the wallet... But if its once in a lifetime bucket list type ****, do you consider it?
Absolutely. Like seriously, absolutely. Even if I don't get in the stadium it'd be awesome to be around the SB experience....do they still do that mini theme park with punt, pass, kick, and 40 yard run etc. at the stadiums for the SB? I remember many moons ago going to that at JRS and got all kinds of little souvenirs like SB football cards etc. from the game, ....great to experience but it wasn't the Dolphins so mehhhh

Yes, yes, and hell yes.

It's one of the things on top of my bucket list, right ahead of losing my virginity and moving out of my Mom's basement. Like before I die, my bucket empties very slowly.

You’ll get 5 chances over the next 10 years to go, just saying.
So if we repeat the Bills history, you're saying we have a chance to win the 5th?!

My uncle is a Bill's fan and he want to all 4 Bill's SB loses with my Dad, who's a Jets fan. God damn, I got some poor genes. I've accepted the fact I'm gonna develop diabetes, hypertension, and need bypass surgery before 40. But I avoided the really painful genetics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom