How much Power Does Philbin Have??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much Power Does Philbin Have???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was just wondering if he has power to stop/change a play from his coordinators?

We did call a timeout on the last GB touchdown, and to have your worst cover LB on their most athletic TE had to be a mistake. I'm wondering if Philbin agreed with the formation or he had no power to change that play? Or maybe he doesn't have that leadership skill?

On the last dolphins play, we decided to run the ball instead of throwing it with both starting CB's out with injuries. I'm not sure if his role became limited this season or if he is just the coach to be the coach but has no real power.

Quarless isn't their most athletic TE...he's their only TE. Did you see any other TEs for Green Bay on the field? Did you see any other TEs for Green Bay make a catch?

Conspiracy theories on this board are like opinions, which are like butt holes which everyone has. Keep the conspiracies coming though, they do provide a good laugh after a bad loss.

Do you think Clay is better than Quarless?

Conspiracy theories??? If you were the coach, would you conspire to put Wheeler on Quarless?

Do you think Clay is better than Quarless?

Conspiracy theories??? If you were the coach, would you conspire to put Wheeler on Quarless?

Clay is better than Quarless and I would conspire to make Wheeler the HC of the University of South Florida...maybe they'd have more than 2 wins right now.

In the Green Bay huddle just before the play, I'm pretty sure it was decided that the pass would go to whoever Wheeler was covering. Quarless ran 3 yards and squared up uncontested by Wheeler. It was that easy for Green Bay. I also don't believe that it would be any different had we not called a TO.

Regarding Philbin's power to override playcalling, he definitely has it, but he would have to do it very quickly. I think he more or less tells Lazor and Coyle what approach to take before a series, but I don't think he steps in and changes plays.

In the Green Bay huddle just before the play, I'm pretty sure it was decided that the pass would go to whoever Wheeler was covering. Quarless ran 3 yards and squared up uncontested by Wheeler. It was that easy for Green Bay. I also don't believe that it would be any different had we not called a TO.

Regarding Philbin's power to override playcalling, he definitely has it, but he would have to do it very quickly. I think he more or less tells Lazor and Coyle what approach to take before a series, but I don't think he steps in and changes plays.
I was expecting Rodgers to run it in from that close but Wheeler in coverage against anyone is a safer bet.

What killed the whole thing was the fake spike before the TD and Finnegan just standing there and waiting...tackle him inbounds and games over.

Back
Top Bottom