How much should the first team offense play Saturday vs Vegas? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much should the first team offense play Saturday vs Vegas?

I used to think playing a dress rehearsal was important but my opinion has changed over the years towards keeping the important players safe until games actually matter. Risk != Reward.

Preseason is still a good thing to have for backups and developmental guys but no reason to risk a freak injury of a star, or place somebody important against a bubble player hunting heads hoping to earn a job.

I'd play Teddy a lot tonight with the better players who dress out. Show case him for a potential trade if not now, for later in the season.

Because of who our first couple games are against, I'm ok with not playing the critical guys. Tua, Tyreek, Terron, Jaylen, X and Dutch.

Gesicki will play 4 quarters if you let him. He can play all he wants, not because I am not concerned about his health but I'd like him getting as many reps in this offense as possible so I look for him to play the whole first half with Teddy B. Just let him know he can't jump over anyone today.

All eyes on Mackensie Alexander tonight.

I used to think playing a dress rehearsal was important but my opinion has changed over the years towards keeping the important players safe until games actually matter. Risk != Reward.

Preseason is still a good thing to have for backups and developmental guys but no reason to risk a freak injury of a star, or place somebody important against a bubble player hunting heads hoping to earn a job.
yeah i only like preaeason to study the depth of our roster.

In that case, shouldn't Coleman get all the preseason reps possible?
You raise a good point. Any starters (or players expected to start sometime during the season) moving to new positions this year should get a lot of play during these preseason games.

Never ever play your stars in a worthless game. College teams do just fine in game 1 without preseason crap.

Except most of them schedule teams the first few weeks that are easier than a preseason game in order to gel and get going for tougher games.

Also the NFL product was absolute **** for 3-4 weeks the year without preseason.

This generation of fans I'm part of...you all don't understand football at all.

IMO the only primary starters that should see the field are the oline (minus Armstead) in order to help them gel.

On the other hand we all remember what happened to Jake Long.

But doesn't the "first team practice during the week?

I feel too many posters are putting too much value on preseason games for those they feel are the first team.

McDaniel has shown me he knows more about what to do preseason than any HC I've seen with the Dolphins, and overall, I like it. I have likes and dislikes, but at this point I will not try to second guess him.

Why not see where we are personnel wise during the last two preseason games before we get all "wound around the axle".

I think this HC is who we have been waiting for. We'll know more in 3 weeks - LOL
Well they obviously practice and they go over things a hundred times but it's never the same as it is when its live and you don't have that comfort level that you have in practice.

Back
Top Bottom