How Much Time Should Flores Get To Turn This Team Around? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Time Should Flores Get To Turn This Team Around?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ross has usually given HCs around 3 to 4 years to improve or get canned. Would you follow the same timeline for Flores, or would you give him additional leeway because we are going into this tenure with the expectation of a total rebuild instead of just some tweaks like previous head coaches?

Pretty much anything goes this year. As long as he doesn't show complete ineptitude then any outcome is pretty much acceptable this year

Hopefully that means a QB next year. And from there it's 1-2 years to show promise imo...

Based on the core plan, which includes a fundamental new directive from top down, and

the corresponding "rebuild" -- I'd say by the end of Y2 into Y3 we should start to see some

light at the end of the tunnel. Not expecting playoffs by end of Y3 but should be above 500

and playing smart competitive (hopefully entertaining) ball.

Best case is, by Y3 we have:

1) strong OL/DL

2) young high-performance QB!

3) lots of young quality sprouts growing throughout the roster

4) an org that is among the best in the league

I don't even expect a turn-around. I would just like to see improvement from one season to the next. I would like to see the team get markedly better in certain categories where they are not good.

He will get the customary 3 years, and should be judged on growth and potential going into year 4. If it shows we haven't made any strides of growth, than he needs to go.

Like this is you agree that it should be Ross that needs to leave the team. lol

Ross has usually given HCs around 3 to 4 years to improve or get canned. Would you follow the same timeline for Flores, or would you give him additional leeway because we are going into this tenure with the expectation of a total rebuild instead of just some tweaks like previous head coaches?

Time might not be the right basis for making this kind of decision

IMO, more important is seeing what Flores actually brings to the team.

Does he have quality in evaluations that happen in a reasonably timely period ?
Does he have insight in how and what areas need upgrading and proper stages to doing this ?
Does he prepare and has the ability to adjust on the fly when needed strategies ?
Does he know how to use the players he has to there peak abilities ?
The Insight to putting a knowing and crediable staff around him ?

These are more what needs to be evaluated over a time period, though can understand that after a reasonable amount of time there should be adequate growth and levels of success..
But if the FO turns Tannebaughanized it could also throw a hitch in Flores's giddy-up...

Don't want to even think about a Ross decision, thankfully we may not have to for a while...I hope, I hope....

I think you have to see some pretty substantial improvements with young players developing by year three. If it looks like a **** show, can him.

Im by expecting much this year. I just want to see competence on the O and D line. We have suffered from **** trench play for as long as I can remember. That trend needs to stop.

Once we get a QB, you get 3/4 years from there.

If it’s true, their QB is in the 2020 draft, then to me that buys him an additional year. So I’ll say 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom