How much weight does Ross have regarding the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much weight does Ross have regarding the draft?

I thought Ross was all over Joe Burrow?

as soon as Ross starts breaking down film, going to campuses to work out prospects, calling and speaking to position coaches at colleges regarding players, then we can see if he's got any talent for talent evaluation.

then you can cue the entire scouting staff and personnel office people to tender their resignations.

Didn't he guarantee flo 5 years no questions asked?

I think he trusts his guys.

His input may simply be get tu some help but no specifics. Just general.

He seems to let his staff and players do what they do

Since Ross is responsible for the hiring of Grier, Flores, and ultimately every person in the Dolphins organization. He is responsible for every player drafted, traded, or signed in free agency. Just like every owner in the NFL is responsible because they decide who to hire to make these decisions.

The only difference between Ross and everyone else in the organization is he can’t be fired for the mistakes made in player acquisition. It is Grier, Flores and the individuals in the player personnel department who will get the praise or blame in regards to how players perform on the field. Yet by hiring each of these individuals, it is Ross who is responsible for the success or failure of the team.

I don't think he's a hands on like Jerry Jones for example. He wanted to tear down and rebuilt but other than that I don't think he's watching tape of college players and telling Grier/Flores who to draft.

Overall influence, yeah. Specific players, no.

Let's say we take Tua no matter. Would you still pass on Jackson for what we had?
i would rather have jackson. jackson is more exciting qb than Tua. three yr starter jackson has played very well. he has win lot game in 3 yr. only thing he is missing is SB ring.. great pick by ravens..

i would rather have jackson. jackson is more exciting qb than Tua. three yr starter jackson has played very well. he has win lot game in 3 yr. only thing he is missing is SB ring.. great pick by ravens..
The Ravens have had better players and Jackson has certainly played well during his time with the Ravens. While I take nothing away from Jackson, I am glad the Dolphins have Tua and I wouldn’t trade Tua for Jackson.

Ross has been a pretty good owner overall. He screwed up the Sparano and Harbaugh thing but he doesn't mettle and puts people in place to do their jobs. We could be a lot worse off.

Simple answer to your question, of cause he does if he want, he signs the pay checks after all.

The question you should ask is, will he exercise his power if he see a player he like and Flo and Grier have someone else in mind?

Back
Top Bottom