How much would give the Lions for the #3 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much would give the Lions for the #3 pick

I get the burning desire to ponder “what if scenarios” as our season is over. That being said, nothing Grier or Flores has done this year leads me to believe that they would aggressively trade up in the early 1st round. A franchise in year 1 of a complete rebuild doesn’t need to blow valuable draft capital. A QB we can build around will be available at 5. If we don’t want Herbert, a guy like Love is an option later. They could always roll with Fitz/Rosen and address the QB situation in 2021.

The only two players worth trading up for are Burrow and Young. The Bengals aren’t trading their pick and it would probably take all three of the Dolphins first round picks to trade up to 2 for Young. The Dolphins need more than one player in the first round so they should stay at five and take the BPA with that pick.

Zip, zipety dooda.
I would give Cinci our three first round picks tho, and now, if I really wanted a QB and did not mean to fk around.

after listening to the latest 3YPC podcast.

if Tua check out perfectly before the draft what is the most you would give Detroit to get the
#3 pick.

I believe we might have to give the #5, #27 and a few sweeteners. this is based on knowing nothing but what I hear
Nothing. Pick at 5 and see where the chips land.

L

I am still not sold Burrow is better than Tua. Sure Tua has injury history so did Brees and Frank Gore and they are still playing. No doubt its a gamble but if Tua was healthy imo it goes Tua, Burrow, Young. I say swing for the fences and if Tua is still there at 3 trade, 27 1st and a 2nd next year. If we lost to the Bengals and Pats like we should/ could of if Tua is medically checked out OK we would still take him over Burrow. Think about this for a moment Ross wanted Jackson over Fitz a couple of years ago and was denied by Grier Ross wants Tua this year which I believe he will Ross will not be denied a 2nd time. On the other hand with Drake and Mica Fitz abandoning the Dolphins there is a real chance that Tua may not want to play for the Dolphins.

Not interested in moving up. Not at the required price anyway.

Me neither.

As a proponent of drafting Tua all year, I think anything beyond just the #5 pick is too much to part with. Even if his medicals check out great up to and through April’s draft, it’s still a risk beyond the norm.

If another team wants to part with multiple high draft picks to move up ahead of the Dolphins, so be it.
Let them take that added risk. But at this time I wouldn’t be inclined to be bullied into giving up other highly valued assets just to ensure I get him.

This team has a lot of needs and there will be a lot of good players available at #5 even if Tua doesn’t fall to that spot. And other good talent at 18, *25, 39, 56 and 70.

If Tua hadn't had the hip injury at all, I’d certainly be more on board to do what it takes. But there are too many unknowns IMO to add the additional risk of surrendering more assets. It’d be bad enough if the Dolphins took him at 5 and it didn’t work. Surrender other high valued assets and it doesn’t work out and it‘s a mitigated disaster that could set back the franchise much further.

If I’m the GM, I sit tight at 5 and take my chances. If the price to move up softens significantly, then I might consider it.

The Dolphins worked too hard and gave up a lot to acquire all these damn picks. I don‘t want to see some of them forfeited just to move up 2 spots for a player that’s a big question mark due to injury and we don’t know that other teams will undoubtedly take that risk to jump ahead.

I call the bluff and take another good player should it happen.

Last edited:
I am still not sold Burrow is better than Tua.

Thats cause he’s not. San injury concerns, Tua would still be considered the better prospect by most, if not all.

I watched a clip of Cowherd and Reggie Bush talking about Tua and Burrow today and they were both spot on IMO. Tua came in as an 18 yo into a very tough situation and flourished right away. Burrow struggled until the stars aligned and is older than Lamar Jackson. People are just overly infatuated with the hot player right now.

If Chase Young was still on the board then I would make a concerted effort to move up but not for Tua. i personally prefer Hebert to Tua anyway

If we don't move up, who & when do we get for a QB to build around? (Assuming someone takes tua) It will cost more to move up next year even if we convince someone to make a trade.

What if Grier thinks Tua is our guy? She he stay put at 5 and let the draft dictate if they get the guy they want?

Back
Top Bottom