How much would give the Lions for the #3 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much would give the Lions for the #3 pick

Thats cause he’s not. San injury concerns, Tua would still be considered the better prospect by most, if not all.

I watched a clip of Cowherd and Reggie Bush talking about Tua and Burrow today and they were both spot on IMO. Tua came in as an 18 yo into a very tough situation and flourished right away. Burrow struggled until the stars aligned and is older than Lamar Jackson. People are just overly infatuated with the hot player right now.
If Tua was not injury prone and coming off a career threatening injury, he would most likely be the top pick in the draft. While it has taken a Burrow longer to have success in college, he will be the first pick because he had a great season and he has not had the multiple injuries a Tua has had.

The issue with Tua isn’t that he wasn’t a great player in college. The issue is his hip and whether a team wants to risk a high draft pick on a player who may or may not be able to play in the NFL because of his hip injury.

There has never been an NFL player who has been able to come back and play for more than a year after having sustained a serious hip injury like Tua suffered. Dennis Pitta tried to resume his career after a serious hip injury and he ended up having two additional hip injuries within two years and had to retire from the league.

If his hip checks out, wbo cares if it takes the 2nd or 3rd extra 1st round pick?

Next year would be so much more exciting with Tua at QB than anything else.

Honestly, whatever it takes.

So much concerned for "giving up" this draft capital, when using it on a QB is precisely what you should do. 5, 19, 27, other picks...sure. Get the QB.

I’m not sure what else they expect Miami to do with all those picks. It’s as if the thinking is having six Jerome Bakers, five Michael Dieters, four Charles Harris, three Karen Ballages, two Josh Rosens, and a partridge in a pear tree is better than having a quarterback.

Give me Tua and some receivers and I’ll take my chances winning with that over Chris Grier and a bunch of draft picks. But that’s just me.

I’m not sure what else they expect Miami to do with all those picks. It’s as if the thinking is having six Jerome Bakers, five Michael Dieters, four Charles Harris, three Karen Ballages, two Josh Rosens, and a partridge in a pear tree is better than having a quarterback.

Give me Tua and some receivers and I’ll take my chances winning with that over Chris Grier and a bunch of draft picks. But that’s just me.
If someone doesnt get the point being made here, we're going to have to start drawing ****...

If the argument is that Grier can’t do anything with draft capital anyway, then all is lost even with a qb messiah. All we would do is turn him into David Carr with no supporting cast

Attachments

• giphy (4).gif
    giphy (4).gif
    539.9 KB · Views: 2
If the argument is that Grier can’t do anything with draft capital anyway, then all is lost even with a qb messiah. All we would do is turn him into David Carr with no supporting cast
Leys trade something for a damn GM that has not had a hand in the losing way of the dolphins for the past decade and more

I would trade for Detroit qb in heart beat. Give them Tua and 26 pick

I do wonder if the Lions would hold some value to Rosen....

Stafford was really good until he got hurt and they didnt have a good enough back up.

Maybe 5, Saints 2nd round pick and Rosen?

According to the draft trade chart (that doesn’t really mean anything) it will take the 5th pick and the 37th pick.

I’m okay with that. Especially with the Dolphins track record for drafting.

Back
Top Bottom