How much would give the Lions for the #3 pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much would give the Lions for the #3 pick

this place reeks of desperation lately. trade up for who? tua? you mean the kid that went pro because he better get that pay day now in case he can't play anymore? i get it. i'm desperate to finally find our franchise QB too, but it ain't tua. after a couple years pass and i'm right and you're wrong we can talk about it then. if you want....

So much concerned for "giving up" this draft capital, when using it on a QB is precisely what you should do. 5, 19, 27, other picks...sure. Get the QB.

Disagree. Much different situation here. And I’m a Tua fan.

A completely healthy 22 year-old, can’t miss John Elway prospect isn’t available in this draft.

If Tua didnt have the injury he has, I would agree. But the injury and murky future changes things. Greatly.

The Dolphins can’t afford to sink a bunch of their assets on such a risk.

If he’s there at 5, great. If not, take another elite level prospect or trade down to build up more assets to try to sell the farm for Lawrence next season or possibly Fields.

In short, it’s not as simple as you state. The injury changes how deep down the rabbit hole they should be willing to go.

A completely healthy 22 year-old, can’t miss John Elway prospect isn’t available in this draft.

If Tua didnt have the injury he has, I would agree. But the injury and murky future changes things. Greatly.

If he’s there at 5, great. If not, take another elite level prospect or trade down to build up more assets to try to sell the farm for Lawrence next season or possibly Fields.

In short, it’s not as simple as you state. The injury changes how deep down the rabbit hole they should be willing to go.

Funny too that you bring up john elway when two other franchise qbs were taken at 14 and 27 in that draft.
Many so called cant miss qbs that have no injury at draft time end up doing nothing.
I have not seen any evidence that Tua is a much better prospect than many of the top draft pick busts of late.
I am perfectly fine not moving up or not taking Tua period in the top five.

If his hip checks out, wbo cares if it takes the 2nd or 3rd extra 1st round pick?

Next year would be so much more exciting with Tua at QB than anything else.

Sam Bradford aced the medical. Injury prone is injury prone.

No. Just no.

The Miami Dolphins are historically bad when moving up. This would be a mistake.

If you're going to trade, trade down and fleece someone else.

Huh? So don’t trade up for him but take him at 5? LOL I don’t think so dude. That number 5 pick is just as important not to gamble on an often injured player. You post really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense there . I don’t understand your logic

WTF kinda comment is this?
The question was.....what would I give the lions to move up from 5 to 3 and I said a couple of rap CD's........here's the catch, I don't have any rap CD's so that was my way of saying I'd NOT give them anything to move up.

Tua is not the guy. So many QBs playing and starting now we're not top 5 picks. I'm not sold on Tua before the injury. No way I trade up for him. No way I draft him at 5.

Tua might very well be a generational prospect, GREAT kid, GREATLY astute and intelligent. However, he might very well be a generational QB for 2-3 years due to injuries and the hip. Wish him the utmost best, but come on - this board has been screaming, whining, etc for years because the Phins have drafted or signed injury-prone players. Now we want a similar QB to be the face of the franchise? I get it, he's gifted and I feel terrible for the kid. Tua
has really only played 2 years due to the number of games missed.
I simply am dumbfounded by this board's obsession over him after the hip injury.

So NO - stay at 5 unless Cinci does not take Burrow.

Back
Top Bottom