how much would it cost to own an NFL team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how much would it cost to own an NFL team?

Doktor Ivel said:
i was just thinking about my future, and was wondering what it would cost to own a team?

:roflmao: I think they're like $10,000 for a new expansion one.

Right now, I think the avearge for each team is about $600 million. Of course though, in maybe 5-10 years it really could be over $1 billion.

$500-800 Million. But you could carry some debt on the team, so probably $350-500 Million cash plus carry the rest as debt.

We have a small fantasy at my work that will get you a team for 50 bucks.

Minnesota is in the process of being sold for $625 million, which seems to be the entry level. League average is probably around $700-750 million. The top franchises -- Washington, Dallas, Houston -- will all be more than $1 billion. Miami right now would sell for about $800 million but will move into the billion-plus range once the stadium upgrades are complete.

last year Huzeinga said if someone offered him $750 million he would sell, now this year he wants to put $450 million into the stadium, including a retractable roof....

Doktor Ivel said:
i was just thinking about my future, and was wondering what it would cost to own a team?

About 50 Bucks at Target.

B0002MNXU002LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

Pretty much the only way you will ever own an NFL team kid.. Reality hits you hard when you hit 20.. :lol:

SkapePhin said:

Pretty much the only way you will ever own an NFL team kid.. Reality hits you hard when you hit 20.. :lol:

Simple plan: Win the lottery and double your money at the roulette tables a few times.

SkapePhin said:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Hell I was gonna be playing NFL football when I was 15....didnt work out so now I'm gonna be a teacher and coach football, hopefully, still a lil far fetched but coach D1 college ball!!!

mixmaster_matt said:
last year Huzeinga said if someone offered him $750 million he would sell, now this year he wants to put $450 million into the stadium, including a retractable roof....
Lucky for us, Wayne is here for at least the next 5 years. We may rag on him some, but the fact is I would be very upset to see him go. Not many Owners spend the money like he does to try and get the best for the team.

Doktor Ivel said:
About 600 - 800 million, but if you are part of a group and want to be the general partner you must have at least 30% in cash to invest. So on the minimum 180 million and some deep pockets behind you.

Umm..probably a cat, a piece of string, and a paperclip...but thats if you want a superbowl winner.

Back
Top Bottom