How much... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much...

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
would it costs to get drew hensen... i'm not sure he's the answer since experiments like this have failed in the past (ex: chad hutchinson) but if we could get him fairly cheap then maybe worth a shot. I wonder what the texans will be asking for, and what time of contract hell get. At worst its another option for a team who would want to try and steal one of the QBs we want

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
would it costs to get drew hensen...

That's a question that I always wanted a reasonable answer from someone with inside info, but I don't know who on this board would be able to answer that accurately.

Hell nah, I dont want no Baseball reject....lets face although he didnt make it.....his heart is still in baseball...i dont want that stuff on our team.

From what I understand, the Texans don't really have any leverage with Henson. If he wants to play football again, and get paid, then he'll just re-enter the draft and would get drafted a lot higher than the 6th round.

Marlins should be able to get him for a left-handed releiver, but I'm not really sure that the Texans need bullpen help :confused:

Originally posted by tylaw4president
From what I understand, the Texans don't really have any leverage with Henson. If he wants to play football again, and get paid, then he'll just re-enter the draft and would get drafted a lot higher than the 6th round.
exactly, if Henson decides he will never be able to hit a breaking pitch, he will get out of his Yankee contract and declare he wants to play football before the draft, but after whatever period Houston has him for.

Henson will not be traded before the NFL calendar date ends, at the end of February. He will be re-entered in the draft, and probably get selected in the late 2nd to early 4th, solely based on the desire he shows towards playing in the NFL.

Make no mistake about it, Drew is no baseball reject going to football like Hutch and Carter, Henson is a football player who chose baseball for the EASY money.

I'd DEFINATELY love Henson in Miami, plus he's still YOUNG. And this is coming from a guy who HATES Michigan QB's.

Originally posted by Stamos
Henson will not be traded before the NFL calendar date ends, at the end of February. He will be re-entered in the draft, and probably get selected in the late 2nd to early 4th, solely based on the desire he shows towards playing in the NFL.

Make no mistake about it, Drew is no baseball reject going to football like Hutch and Carter, Henson is a football player who chose baseball for the EASY money.

I'd DEFINATELY love Henson in Miami, plus he's still YOUNG. And this is coming from a guy who HATES Michigan QB's.

Gotta wonder about the guys' heart......Choose baseball for the EASY money??.....Knew he was better at football and could sign a multi million dollar contract on draft day but chose to toil away in the minor leagues of baseball with a much smaller contract???....Sounds to me like someone who doesn't like getting hit for a living...

I think Henson has heart. I also believe that Henson didn't go play baseball for the easy money. I believe his first love is baseball. He gave it a good shot but it looks like his future will always be in Triple A or on a bad major league team. That being said, if Houston does have his rights, I wouldn't give up more than a 4th round pick to a player that has been out of football for at least 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom