How smart are the Texans looking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How smart are the Texans looking

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Man they take a chance and draft Henson in the 6th round, he doesn't play a down for them and now they may get a first round pick in exchange. Not a bad return on their investment.

Then it makes you think what if the Fins had taken that chance last year in the 6th round. They would either already have the QB of the future they are looking for, or if they didn't want him for some reason they would have the possibility of having 3 first round picks this year.

I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for a QB that's been out of football for 3 years. I would consider a 3 rd at best.

He was fantastic and seems to be back to his old form. Also he is only 24:D . I was begging for Wanny to take a fly on him last year. Oh well. I would still give an incentive/performance based offer to Hou that would top out at #1.

Houston won't look so smart if Henson is allowed to go back into the draft. Houston either has to sign him or trade his rights...or they get nothing. All of the teams kinda have Houston over the barrell on this one. If the best offer they get for his rights would be a 7th rounder they would have no choice but to take it.

A 6th rd players rarely makes the team or produces. It was an easy decision in my mind to take him especially for a team with so many holes it wouldn't make a difference in their year.

Corey Jenkins or Henson? That's such an easy decision for me it's not even funny. Just the CHANCE he'd come back to football.

Henson isn't fetching a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round. he's been away from football to long. Chad Hutsionson (SP?) anyone?

Phreak they are going to loook like mensa members if they get us to bite a first rounder for this guy. I hope they(phins) think long and hard. Id like to get him but im betting the longer we wait the cheaper he gets and if he enters the draft so much the better for us, then we will have three guys out there rivers losman henson that we can wait for or even trade down.

Originally posted by zeke0123
Phreak they are going to loook like mensa members if they get us to bite a first rounder for this guy. I hope they(phins) think long and hard. Id like to get him but im betting the longer we wait the cheaper he gets and if he enters the draft so much the better for us, then we will have three guys out there rivers losman henson that we can wait for or even trade down.

I agree, what will decide his price is the market for him, the more teams interested the better it is for the Texans, if not hell even if they get a 3rd rounder it's beter then what they get if he goes back in the draft.

I was sort of surprised whne I read the Fins were talking giving up a first.

But either way what did the texans lose if he goes back into the draft, a 6th round pick that wouldn't most likely be with the team today? Big deal I would take that chance too, lose a 6th to possibly get a 1st - 3rd round pick. You know they never had the intent to keep him with Carr there.

It was a smart move for them for sure Im just hopeing we dont become "suckers" :).Im glad to see all the agressiveness we are showing this off season the Phins never seemed to be willing to take chances on high upside guys before, Im guessing it was a wanny thing.

He could easily get hurt or go back to playing baseball after he changes his mind again. Who knows with that sell out. Did i mention i hate the guy for leaving michigan stuck with Navarre for 5 years

Back
Top Bottom