how some free agent signings will affect the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how some free agent signings will affect the draft

Pennington's Rocket Arm

Sucking for Luck Since 2004
Reaction score
the packers just resigned DE aaron kampman with a 5 year, 25 million dollar contract. with KBG on the other side, i have to wonder if green bay will be willing to take a DE like mario williams, even with their big cap space.

if the saints sign brees, i think it's say to say they won't draft leinart. it's amazing how just one weekend in free agency could turn all mock drafts upside down.

Juan Cribbs said:
the packers just resigned DE aaron kampman with a 5 year, 25 million dollar contract. with KBG on the other side, i have to wonder if green bay will be willing to take a DE like mario williams, even with their big cap space.

if the saints sign brees, i think it's say to say they won't draft leinart. it's amazing how just one weekend in free agency could turn all mock drafts upside down.

Hmmm yes I see your point. One which may have ppl fall and others move up based on need alone. I hope someone good falls to us, But too early in Free Agency to find any of this out.

Juan Cribbs said:
the vikings sign RB chester taylor, so that may affect the williams/maroney/white ideas.

How good is Taylor?

Well, the Bill signed DT Larry Triplett. He's only three years in the league. Would the bills still draft Haloti Ngata?

very true Juan. I thnik alot of what will happen here in FA will effect the draft big time. Maybe this will help the Dolphins and let some guys fall to us

Juan Cribbs said:
the vikings sign RB chester taylor, so that may affect the williams/maroney/white ideas.

Im not so sure about this. Taylor is a great backup RB. But he is no starter. I think they will still go after one of those RBs and have a stacked back field. I dont see them being like oakland last year signing a back up like lamont, and hoping he can be a starter. Look at how little of an impact he made there

Juan Cribbs said:
i see buffalo going after huff now.

They can either have him start safety for one year and then give him the starting corner spot the next after they let go of Nate rather then franchising him again if Huff does well enough.

OR

They can just keep him at safety his whole career

OR

keep him at corner his whole career and possibly have him be depth for one year and get rid of Nate and have him step in for his next year!

also:

Chargers | Contract update: M. McCree
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:01:54 -0800
ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report San Diego Chargers S Marlon McCree agreed to a five-year, $16 million contract with the team. Included in the deal is $6 million in roster bonuses over the first two years of the contract.

i've seen names like ko simpson associated with the chargers, so this could change things.

playmaker1 said:
Im not so sure about this. Taylor is a great backup RB. But he is no starter. I think they will still go after one of those RBs and have a stacked back field. I dont see them being like oakland last year signing a back up like lamont, and hoping he can be a starter. Look at how little of an impact he made there

So was Priest Holmes

Never say never, he could turn out to be really good

Back
Top Bottom