How soon do we see big name cuts/who? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How soon do we see big name cuts/who?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was just curious, how soon do we think the cuts will take place? I wouldn't doubt that Nick isn't studying tape now of the players in his evaluation process. I say Bowens, Minor, Lee, and possibly I couple of our linebackers. I Also think very shortly that Rick Spielman will get his release as well, so the team can move ahead in the Nick era.

I don't think we would cut anyone before june 1st.

I think the only "big name" player with potential for release is Tim Bowens... and if that happens it will happen after June 1st.

I also think Timbo is gone after June 1st. Hate to see it but, to much risk for the $$$$

IF Timbo goes we might need some real help at DT. Is Kevin Carter even proven up the middle? I thought he was only a DE for most of his career. Chester is coming of ACL surgery, and Zgonia is average at best. Other than that I see Vickerson and ROmero on the depth chart. I dont think we can afford to get rid of Timbo unless we grab another. I thikn its riskier to get rid of him than keep him.

kevin carter is a better DT than he is a DE he played all last season from that spot and anchored a young tennesse line and it is even better for us because he gives us DE speed from the tackle spot and it gives more of a pass rush up the middle

Dolfan4life34 said:
kevin carter is a better DT than he is a DE he played all last season from that spot and anchored a young tennesse line and it is even better for us because he gives us DE speed from the tackle spot and it gives more of a pass rush up the middle

No he's not. De and DT are two completely different positions. Carter himself has acknowledged he'd never be able to play DT the entire time. He only wants to play DT in passing situations. Otherwise, hes not a run stopper, and he doesn't soak up blocks very well. Thomas would struggle a lot having to deal with the extra blocker all the time. Thomas has always accredited a lot of his success to his DT's soaking up the offensive line so hes free to make the play. i honestly don't beleive that carter can do that.

if u have chester and carter then chester can soak up that extra blocker since he is about 320 and u get some pass rush from carter up the middle

David Bowens is as good as gone, I hate to say. With JT, Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, and Matt Roth we don't need his 2m cap figure. He's gone June 1st.

ATLFINFAN said:
I also think Timbo is gone after June 1st. Hate to see it but, to much risk for the $$$$

timbo took a paycut. he isn't making jack ****.

Timbo=solid

I just don't get it? Tim Bowens has been the most solid player for the PHINS since way back in 1994 and he still doesn't get the recognition he deserves! Ask Zach Thomas how vital TIMBO has been to his career! The guy has been a stud since he first put on a PHINS jersey!One example I can clearly think of, playoffs our last playoff game against the RAVENS. A decreped TERRY ALLEN running all over us!Timbo was out with a torn bicep! If Timbo wasn't out the PHins win that game. I know Jay was throwing INT's like he was handing out flyers but point is TIMBO has always been vital in stopping the run! n he's there the PHINS flourish, when he isn't the PHINS get run on! I know he got drafted in 1994,butTimbo is only 30 since he came out of school early!He definately has s0ome gas left in the tank and is one of the premiere run stuffers in the league. He always has to be double teamed!

T-Bo could come back as cheaper. Otherwise, we need some run stuffing DTs like him and Chester. It's crucial for any defensive scheme especially 3-4. Pats have Wilfolk manning that spot and maybe Traylor could provide a temporary solution.

Back
Top Bottom