---- How strong is Jake Long? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---- How strong is Jake Long?

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've read that Jake Long did 37 reps in the bench press at the combine last year, which was #1 of any OL or DL there.
And he did this despite his really long arms.

I also read that he's now squating and deadlifting 500 lbs. this offseason.

How does his strength compare to other NFL LT's?
Are these normal numbers, or is he stronger than most NFL LT's?

Any insight from the weightlifting fans would be appreciated.

All I can say is that 37 bench reps with his 36+ inch arm length is nigh on unheard of. He's definitely above average LT strength.

37 reps is outstanding for his arm length....

However, Vernon Gholston did match his 37 reps...guess they had him listed as a linebacker...

Interestingly....Jake did 42 reps at Michigan's pro day...which was a school record until defensive lineman, Will Johnson, broke that record this year at Michigan's pro day by throwing up 47 reps...

All I can say is that 37 bench reps with his 36+ inch arm length is nigh on unheard of. He's definitely above average LT strength.

not only this, because almost all those guys have long arms.

what's impressive is that jake doesn't have a huge gut, nor does he have man boobs or a overly prominent chest, so the distance between the bar and his chest when he bench presses must be one of the longest distances for any Olinemen, and doing 37 reps, with that distance, is simply amazing and makes him one of the best benchers in the nfl IMO...

yes the bench reps are good but squating and deadlifting 500 is not so great. he should have put up those numbers in high school or at the latest michigan. knowing that, the numbers must be for reps becuase that's just to low.

I remember hearing last summer that Donald Thomas was the strongest player on our team.

squatting and deadlifting 500 isn't that impressive.

The fact that he is that strong and VERY athletic is what makes him who is he

squatting and deadlifting 500 isn't that impressive.

Ha, Its impressive to me. Its your turn now :lol:

Someone Earlier said he should have been doing that in Highschool, bah Humbug, Spruce Creek Hawks, Weightlifting Champions of Florida for many many years, my Alameda, and seeing highschoolers do that impressed me, seeing as I could barley get 300 (course I only weighed 155...).

Back
Top Bottom