How Surprised Are You At Early Dolphins Success in 2020? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Surprised Are You At Early Dolphins Success in 2020?

The Phins showed up the whole second half of last season so I had tempered but hopeful expectations. I figured we would play hard under Coach Flo but I didn't expect to be winning games against good teams. I thought this was a 6-7 win team

1) Get the right GM for the future. (Easy to say - not so easy to do). Owner has to commit to him.
2) Get the right Head Coach for the future and be confident that the GM and Head Coach are totally aligned philosophically how to turn it around.
Nice post. I think of all that you listed, number 2 might be the toughest nut to crack for a rebuilding franchise. I really think Grier and Flores have been very much on the same page from the beginning. Very fortunate for us!

I did not expect so many "hits" in the personnel acquistion category.
The draft picks are performing, some better than others, and some are coming on. Stowbridge even made a nice play vs SD in his first opportunity. Had a WR Perry sighting too.
It's early to judge them, but doesn't look to be a turd in the bunch. WOW.
Only FA acquisition that I would say was a botch-job was the RB from Phila I am blanking on his name. Howard?
But Philly fans liked him, his failure is not something I expected.
Although, maybe not so much as choosing the talent- all these guys to get this far must have it- maybe it's the ability to take the talent and develop it, and have guys do what they're best at.
Either way, if we can strike a similar haul next off-season, - and now I feel confident for the first time in years that we can- just imagine how we will be in a year or two.
Dare I say....no, don't jinx it.

Sustaining it is going to be the test. Getting there or getting halfway there ain't the hardest part - it's staying there. Miami lost a lot of coaches from last year so I think it shows that the plan and structure in place is working.

Miami has never really had a problem with winning against teams from outside their own division, they've always been able to win their share of those. What they have to do better is win consistently against the teams in their own division that they see twice a year. Start doing that and it's when you become a legitimate contender.

I didn't think we would even be this good next year. Forget wins and losses(even Adam Gase went to the playoffs), I finally have confidence that we can beat ANY team on any given Sunday.

I wish we had the Pittsburgh Steelers on our schedule this year.

Very surprised. Impressed with how nearly all of our 2020 draft picks are contributing (6 have started). Biggest surprise is how Miami is showing dominance against teams like the Rams and 49ers. Good free agent signings with Ogbah, Jones, Lawson, and Flowers. Tua is undefeated as a starter. To see Miami with a 6-3 record is pretty sweet and only hope the record keeps getting better

I'm surprised by how in sync the entire coaching staff has been. Especially with all the younger coaches seeing their 1st NFL jobs

I'm surprised at how quickly things came together considering there wasn't a normal off season and training camp. The first two games tested everyone's confidence and patience with the coaching. But Flores rose to the occasion. The guy is money in the bank.

I'm surprised at how well Erick Flowers has played. He was teetering on being a colossal failure. He's finally figured it out and has helped stabilized a weak postion.

I'm surprised by the major contributions by several rookies. The entire draft class has had their moments. This may turn out to be Miami's best draft class in ages. Good Work by the entire organization to get these kids playing well.

I'm surprised by the way this defense has transformed. Considering the poor play, during the first two games. These guys are taking the league by storm.

I'm absolutely thrilled by the appearance of being ahead of schedule on a rebuild decades in the making. Fantastic Job!!!

I expected us to be around .500 this season... That can still happen so I'm not counting the chickens before they hatch. I've watched this team collapse wayyyy too many times to get overly optimistic just yet.

With that being said, I'm pleasantly surprised and very happy with the team trajectory right now. The defense is opportunistic and swarming, making big stops in big situations; the special teams have been sensational causing turnovers and putting us in amazing field position and we're doing enough on offense to win games. Tua looks like the real deal even without much of a running game or receivers that can separate.

The team has to take the season one game at a time, but I'm a fan so I can project... If we take care of business and win the next 3 games as we should then we'll be in a great spot to make a playoff push. I can see us going 2-2 in the last 4 games to finish 11-5, which would be amazing in what is truly year one of the rebuild.

To answer the question of the thread simply, I'm pleasantly surprised so far but I wanna see how this season plays out fully before going nuts.

i'm surprised at our ability to pressure opposing quarterbacks.

ogbah has been much better than i anticipated.

i think the whole is much greater than the sum of our parts (meaning great defensive schemes and team play week to week).

i'm surprised at our ability to pressure opposing quarterbacks.

ogbah has been much better than i anticipated.

i think the whole is much greater than the sum of our parts (meaning great defensive schemes and team play week to week).
Just think when they add more talent. :ffic:

No OTA's or preseason games, 4 new OL starters including 2 rooks with hardly any running game that Miami's offense averaged 26.7 ppg under Fitz has been my biggest surprise.

Back
Top Bottom