How The Dolphins Can Craft Pass Rush From Brian Flores' 2018 Blueprint | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How The Dolphins Can Craft Pass Rush From Brian Flores' 2018 Blueprint

one thing I hates on here is comparing N.E to dolphins. this is difference team. what work in N.E may not work w dolphins. I feel that me or u can win as assist coach in N.E. As long as I got BB and Brady I am good. Flores and his staff must proved to nfl. they were not winning because of BB and Brady. N.E system work for BB and Brady. I hope Flores find system that can get best out of Rosen. our defense should be better but wake will be miss this yr.

While I agree, comparing 'my' team to NE is pretty common in the NFL. It's not just here. It seems standard practice to compare an average/poor team to what could be a 'top' team 'if only . . . '

Given that, the only way to be EXACTLY like pick-a-team is to clone the staff and stars. OTOH, it's apparent NE can win with no more star players than many other teams but never overpay and don't keep players past 'freshness date.' Many teams should copy that

While I agree, comparing 'my' team to NE is pretty common in the NFL. It's not just here. It seems standard practice to compare an average/poor team to what could be a 'top' team 'if only . . . '

Given that, the only way to be EXACTLY like pick-a-team is to clone the staff and stars. OTOH, it's apparent NE can win with no more star players than many other teams but never overpay and don't keep players past 'freshness date.' Many teams should copy that
I think a lot of the "I don't want to copy NE" anger (for lack of a better word) is born out if hatred/envy of the Patriots. I get it. I don't like them either, and being a long time U of M fan, it's hard to not like Brady.

The fact is, any coach you bring in is going to emulate the formula that comes with his coaching lineage, or coaching "tree", at least initially.

Like the Pats, or not, you can not argue that they have been successful by using several different philosophies, and evolving over the years.

Yes, they have had Brady. He, and BB are really the only constants, and although Brady will go down as one if the GOATs, I doubt he does that if he is drafted by virtually any other franchise.

Another fact to consider, is that of all the NE coaches that moved on ended up failing with thier new teams. What might be the reason? Is BB really that smart? Does he not teach his coaches?

Bottom line is if Flores is a success, it will be his success, and it will be our path, not NEs.

I wonder if some of these anti Patriots way posters would have felt the same way if we hired Joe Gibbs back in the day. Were they against the Cowboy way when we hired JJ?

Seems that some would prefer mediocrity, rather than acknowledge there is a tie to BB, and those rotten Patriot b***ards.

I think a lot of the "I don't want to copy NE" anger (for lack of a better word) is born out if hatred/envy of the Patriots. I get it. I don't like them either, and being a long time U of M fan, it's hard to not like Brady.

The fact is, any coach you bring in is going to emulate the formula that comes with his coaching lineage, or coaching "tree", at least initially.

Like the Pats, or not, you can not argue that they have been successful by using several different philosophies, and evolving over the years.

Yes, they have had Brady. He, and BB are really the only constants, and although Brady will go down as one if the GOATs, I doubt he does that if he is drafted by virtually any other franchise.

Another fact to consider, is that of all the NE coaches that moved on ended up failing with thier new teams. What might be the reason? Is BB really that smart? Does he not teach his coaches?

The story when McDaniels came back was that Belichick was notoriously stingy when it came to sharing with his coaches and was being pressured to make an exception for his "successor." Who knows how true it is.

The main thing that I have seen others struggle to replicate is the discipline when it comes to acquiring and retaining players. The Pats fail at identifying talent about the same rate as everyone else in the draft but seem to do a much better job at judging talent on their own roster.

The story when McDaniels came back was that Belichick was notoriously stingy when it came to sharing with his coaches and was being pressured to make an exception for his "successor." Who knows how true it is.

The main thing that I have seen others struggle to replicate is the discipline when it comes to acquiring and retaining players. The Pats fail at identifying talent about the same rate as everyone else in the draft but seem to do a much better job at judging talent on their own roster.

For all the CW stating the NFL is a 'copy cat' league, I'm amazed how little teams copy the Pats. (Other teams too, but the thread deals mostly with NE.) BB is GUARANTEED to take away the opponents' best O player. when NE played the Rams, everyone over the age of 5 knew NE's D strategy. well, everyone but the Rams. NE is going to attack the weaknesses of the opponent's D and scheme their best player against that weakness. It seems every team playing NE is surprised by that. No other team in the NFL does either strategy. That's not copy cat.

Which gets me back to pass rush. Yeah, NE schemes players to have the advantage. They seem to hide their D better than most teams. They seem to have studied enough film they know the opponent's tendencies. If Flores has learned ANY of that, I'm good with copying NE. A pass rush CAN be schemed. Even better is a good pass rush scheme AND top pass rushers. For '19, it will have to be mostly scheme. Following Burke should make it pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom