How the Mighty have fallen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Mighty have fallen

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
I know this will end up being moved, but I didn't see it anywhere on the boards so I decided to post it. I saw over on ESPN's website that Jerry Rice was traded to the Seattle Seahawks for a CONDITIONAL SEVENTH ROUND DRAFT PICK.

Now, I am no football expert, but I think the Raiders got completely bent over here. I know Rice was desperate to leave but come on, it is Jerry Rice, at least make that a guarenteed pick.

I think Oakland is making a mistake. With Collins playing terribly at QB and an o-line who looks like Miami's at times, having that veteran receiver there who knows defense better than most coaches and knows how to sit down in the flat and in between zones and GET OPEN is a struggling QB's best friend.

I know Norv likes the young receivers ther ( Porter, Whitted, Gabriel ) but losing both Brown and Rise within a couple o fmonth is really going to hurt the Raiders even moreso I think.

Raider Nation wishes them both well I am sure. Don't be surprised if Turner is run out of Oakland at the end of this season.

Norv the mighty wr killer, first Carter(and he literally almost killed him), then brown and now rice.

That kid Curry is playing out of his mind for the Raiders and Porter was their # 1 heading into the season, so right there Rice is no best then the Raiders # 3. If Rice doesn't do anything for Seattle, he needs to retire. This is truly his last chance to show people he's still got it. I dont doubt he does because he's proved people wrong in the past!!

How did the Raiders get bent over? They were absolutely lucky to get a 7th rounder. Dude has 5 catches!!! 5!

LIQUID24 said:
How did the Raiders get bent over? They were absolutely lucky to get a 7th rounder. Dude has 5 catches!!! 5!

He only has five catches because they aren't throwing to him, and worse yet, won't even put ihm in the game. He started against the Broncos and didn't even have a pass thrown to him. That is criminal in my book. He knows how to get open. Yes, he is slower but his route running is still precise and his hands still work. For a struggling QB and a line that doesn't seem to be veyr good, he should have been the safety valve for Collins.

Samphin said:
Now, I am no football expert, but I think the Raiders got completely bent over here. I know Rice was desperate to leave but come on, it is Jerry Rice, at least make that a guarenteed pick.

Jerry Rice is indisputably the greatest receiver of all time. Dan Marino was one of the greatest QB's, but I don't think he'd fetch a 7th rounder NOW would he? :lol:

Rice's DOB is 10/13/62. Roll that around on your tongue for a while. He's a physical marvel but he's 42 YEARS OLD. The fact that at 42 he could be traded at all is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom