How To Alienate A Fan Base | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How To Alienate A Fan Base

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
*Disclaimer* This post has nothing to do with Ryan Tannehill.

I think in life, not just football, the most successful people are those who learn from mistakes, and rarely repeat them. This is a fact Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase, don’t seem to comprehend.

Adam Gase’s tenure in Miami is being defined by his back up QB. I personally don’t think that is fair, as it’s hard enough to find one good QB moreless two, but fair or not it’s his plight. His starter has started 13 games, and his back ups 20. Most fan bases and owners are forgiving when you lose your starter, as it’s the one position that defines a football team. Adam Gase however conceded that right when he brought polarizing Jay Cutler our of retirement to Miami. Cutler was exactly who everyone knew he was, and in one season undid the respect Gase garnered with a playoff appearance in year 1.

Now it’s 2018, Cutler is gone, and Ryan is healthy. A fan base is willing to forgive, and is hopeful for a repeat of 2016. Enter Brock Osweiler! The only QB more maligned than the cancer that is Jay Cutler. The only QB whom A team has parted with a 2nd round draft pick to get off the roster. Hopefully Ryan is fully healed, and ready to be the iron man he was for 4 seasons, but after not playing for 20 games that’s a huge gamble. With the conclusion of draft, and all top free agents gone, it appears Gase is going to roll the dice with Brock. A move that if is forced to the field will most likely result in Mike, Chris, or Adam, hitting the unemployment line.

Last edited:
I had a debate with another Finfan about this. How is that the FO and coaching staff sees Osweiler as an upgrade over Moore.

I have to disagree. None of these second tier QBs are better than what we have on the roster, so why waste a draft pick?. I also dont like any of our backups but that's what we have. Let's see what the final roster looks like before we jump to conclusions. If a major starter goes down u are usually screwed anyway. There are exceptions ofcourse, but it's very rare to have starters backing up starters.

The Dolphins wanted a QB, but the draft never fell their way for one. But is a mid to late round QB really going to save the season? I highly doubt it. Was that guy really going to be the future franchise QB? History says unlikely. Fales and Osweiler are probably better than a lot of these guys because they have professional experience. Could they be better down the road? Of course. But it's unlikely a rookie late round QB would be better than Fales or Osweiler. If Tannehill gets hurt again, the season would probably go down the tubes either way.

But yes it would have been nice to have a young guy come in and get experience in a down year if Tanny got hurt again.

I had a debate with another Finfan about this. How is that the FO and coaching staff sees Osweiler as an upgrade over Moore.
Did u see moore last year? He seems like a good guy but he was horrible. Now I dont like osweiler but he at least may have potential in him somewhere deep down. Moore is who he is.

And when Tannenbaum said Osweiler and Fales can be developed I just about threw up in my mouth. Both of them are pedestrian journeymen type QBs. That's what they are and always will be. He acts like it's their second year in the league. Both of theses guys have been in the league for several years. They are what they are, at best, just mediocre backups.

If Tannehill goes down we'll see another Jay Cutler type season at the QB position. These guys apparently didn't learn their lesson from last season.

Brock Osweiler is better than 1/2 the backup QBs in the NFL. Including Matg Moore.

Already knowing the offense puts him exactly where he needs to be. Behind someone more talented.

Alot of similarities to Nick Foles.

If anyone thought Miami was dradting a QB has themselves to blame. I dis my part letting everyone. Most listened.

Personally I think he actually gained respect with the team by bringing in cutty. Think of it this way, the young guys and vets alike are there to play. They want to win and they want to get better at their craft. That can’t happen if the season gets thrown in the garbage before week 1. If a coach doesn’t show his team that he still is trying after they lose their starting qb then how can he expect the team to try? How do the young guys get better when they go 3 and our every time with someone like osweiler at the helm. Signing cutler showed not only that he was still in it to win it, but that he still expected them to win and grow as players . I know if I was going into war and our best guy got seriously injured a week before the mission I would expect the leader of the group to find a replacement if there’s time. Obviously once the season starts then it is what it is. You can’t find replacements out in the field, but you can when you’re still at home base. Just my .02.

Im not so sure what to think about the backup QB position anymore... At some point, you have to figure that its hard enough to find a decent QB you can win games with, and that using valuable resources to make a point to field 2 of them might not be the best strategy to go about...

Im of the opinion that the better the overall team you have, the easier it gets to find QBs who can win on your team... Unless you have a great team, your not going all the way with your backup, so with that in mind, if your starter goes down, you might as well lose more games and get a better pick in the following draft...

Im not saying I agree with the thinking, but I sure as hell see the benefits this strategy brings... It just brought us Minkah in this draft...

*Disclaimer* This post has nothing to do with Ryan Tannehill.

I think in life, not just football, the most successful people are those who learn from mistakes, and rarely repeat them. This is a fact Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase, don’t seem to comprehend.

Adam Gase’s tenure in Miami is being defined by his back up QB. I personally don’t think that is fair, as it’s hard enough to find one good QB moreless two, but fair or not it’s his plight. His starter has started 13 games, and his back ups 20. Most fan bases and owners are forgiving when you lose your starter, as it’s the one position that defines a football team. Adam Gase however conceded that right when he brought polarizing Jay Cutler our of retirement to Miami. Cutler was exactly who everyone knew he was, and in one season undid the respect Gase garnered with a playoff appearance in year 1.

Now it’s 2018, Cutler is gone, and Ryan is healthy. A fan base is willing to forgive, and is hopeful for a repeat of 2016. Enter Brock Osweiler! The only QB more maligned than the cancer that is Jay Cutler. The only QB whom A team has parted with a 2nd round draft pick to get off the roster. Hopefully Ryan is fully healed, and ready to be the iron man he was for 4 seasons, but after not playing for 20 games that’s a huge gamble. With the conclusion of draft, and all top free agents gone, it appears Gase is going to roll the dice with Brock. A move that if is forced to the field will most likely result in Mike, Chris, or Adam, hitting the unemployment line.
And you think that would be a bad thing? I think it would be the best thing to happen to this team in a long time.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom