How to Beat buffalo!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to Beat buffalo!!!

As bitterly critical as I have been of the staff, they still have a lot of opportunities to win back fans like me. Just gotta stop proving the definition of insanity, even for a week.

(Opens newspaper)

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have fired Offensive Coordinator Bill Lazor, replacing him with previous offensive coordinator Mike Sherman. "I just missed the go and the go-go.", Joe Philbin said. Stephen Ross added, "I have no earthly idea what I am doing"

How do you know Buffalo is built to play with a lead? We've only played 2 games.........we dont know what we are right now.

Any team with an excellent defensive personnel, solid run personnel, and a limited qb is built to play with a lead. Otherwise the pressure goes on the limited qb to make plays and that becomes disastrous.

Yes our secondary is weak because Tom Brady exploited it. I guess the Seahawks had a weak secondary last year because Brady torched them for 328 yards and 4 tds
Coming into the season anybody would have said you have a wreak secondary. This is no surprise. And 460? That's pretty bad

The big one for me is don't get away from the run even if our avg isn't great. 1st or 2nd down run the ball each set of downs. Run out of a spread also might help. This will keep them honest and guess what we might even break a few runs. Get away from the 5 yard pitch backward sweep. Hate that play. Throw a few deep. especially to Parker. Get him involved. ON defense, stop using Suh as the 1 tech and put him back at the 3 tech. Stop having him shade over the center. Jesus I hate that as well. Stop blitzing to the outsides, use cross dog blitzes up the middle. Figure out what's wrong with Wake. If he can only go on passing downs so be it but at least bring him in to do it. Would love to see our guys not playing off man 7 yards. pick 4 yards, makes it harder to do the quick screens but still gives time to react to throws or a receiver trying to run past.

The big one for me is don't get away from the run even if our avg isn't great. 1st or 2nd down run the ball each set of downs. Run out of a spread also might help. This will keep them honest and guess what we might even break a few runs. Get away from the 5 yard pitch backward sweep. Hate that play. Throw a few deep. especially to Parker. Get him involved. ON defense, stop using Suh as the 1 tech and put him back at the 3 tech. Stop having him shade over the center. Jesus I hate that as well. Stop blitzing to the outsides, use cross dog blitzes up the middle. Figure out what's wrong with Wake. If he can only go on passing downs so be it but at least bring him in to do it. Would love to see our guys not playing off man 7 yards. pick 4 yards, makes it harder to do the quick screens but still gives time to react to throws or a receiver trying to run past.

so ****ing simple and guys paid in the high 6 figures or low 7s cant seem to get it right.

We are a 3 win at best team right now. We are coming in last place in the division and sadly nothing is going to change that. Agree w all your areas where we get a check vs no check. This is why we are a 2 or 3 win team. We suck and Philbin should have never been brought back. Everyone knows he's dead man walking - that rarely works. The coaches know they are all likely gone if we don't make the playoffs, the players no the HC doesn't have the backing of the FO anymore. It's a recipe for, well, what we are seeing on the field. What a waste of a season.

As disappointed as I am, and concerned about the season, this team will win more than three games...not.sure how we equate now to a team that is that bad tight now... Get off the ledge dude

Last week, we saw how New England was able to come back and win the game.. So how do we beat Buffalo

On Offense

1. We need a QB - Check
2. We need a running game - Not check
3. We need a TE to keep their defense honest - Cameron injured - Not check
4. We need WR to win one-on-one battles - Check

5. We need the O-line to protect Tannehill - Not check
6. We need better playcalling to exploit weaknesses - Not check
7. We need to play Devante Parker - Not Check

On Defense:

1. We need talent on the Defensive Line - Check

2. We need a scheme to stop the run and keep SUH happy - Not Check
3. We need a MLB - Not check
4, We need 3 out of 3 LB's to play well (only Jenkins an Misi are showing up) - Not check
5. We need Walt Akens to step up - Not check
6. We need Reshad Jones to play like Reshad Jones - Check

7. We need Kevin Coyle to understand what the opposing offense is trying to do - Not check
8. We need Kevin Coyle to play Cameron Wake - Not check
9. We need Grimes to play like Grimes - Check

10. We need Kevin Coyle on the sideline, not upstairs in the booth - Not check

As a team

1. We need to start fast - Not check
2. We need Philbin to motivate his players - not check
3. We need the coaches to understand that the PRESEASON is over - Not check

[video=youtube;CuwMvesrw7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwMvesrw7w[/video]

We almost always run from the spread baring some power formations at the goal-line. The spread IS our offense.

Only one toss play went for negative yardage.

How can you stop doing it when you never started it in the first place. Mitchell is our 1 tech. Suh played 3 tech the entire game when he was in mixed with a few goal-line D situations where he played the 9.

We blitz the A gaps 75-80% of the time with our LB's. The few times we blitz from the outside comes mostly from the CB's and SS with a few exceptions of WLB Jenkins.

Where the **** do people get this stuff from? :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes our secondary is weak because Tom Brady exploited it. I guess the Seahawks had a weak secondary last year because Brady torched them for 328 yards and 4 tds
im not judging your secondary because I haven't seen them but your argument about Seattle in the SB is not a good defense for the following reasons: Kam Chancellor - played SB on torn MCL, Earl Thomas - played SB W separated shoulder, Richard Sherman - played SB w his elbow that wasn't attached to the rest of his body. Jeremy Lane - broke his arm running back an INT in the first quarter. The three pro bowlers that started in that SB would not have been allowed to play had it been a regular season game. And still, Brady hardly "torched" them. His long pass was 21 yards against a secondary filled w hospital ward patients. And, along w the 4 TDs you conveniently left out the 2 picks he threw. I understand the point you are trying to make -just not well executed IMO.

As disappointed as I am, and concerned about the season, this team will win more than three games...not.sure how we equate now to a team that is that bad tight now... Get off the ledge dude
id love nothing more than to come off the ledge - I just haven't seen enough that leads me to believe we are any better than the Jags (well I guess they are better than us) or (insert worst couple of teams here). We are getting good play from our QB and a couple of our pass catchers and that's it. What gives you optimism that we can win a lot of games this year?

im not judging your secondary because I haven't seen them but your argument about Seattle in the SB is not a good defense for the following reasons: Kam Chancellor - played SB on torn MCL, Earl Thomas - played SB W separated shoulder, Richard Sherman - played SB w his elbow that wasn't attached to the rest of his body. Jeremy Lane - broke his arm running back an INT in the first quarter. The three pro bowlers that started in that SB would not have been allowed to play had it been a regular season game. And still, Brady hardly "torched" them. His long pass was 21 yards against a secondary filled w hospital ward patients. And, along w the 4 TDs you conveniently left out the 2 picks he threw. I understand the point you are trying to make -just not well executed IMO.
My point was Brady ususally lights up every teams defense. He'll have bad games here and there but for the most part he lights up everybody since he's seen every defense and blitz known to man. Look at the points the Pats have scores since last seasons loss to the Chiefs:

#22 Bengals - 43
#4 Bills - 37
#6 Jets - 27
#30 Bears - 51
#3 Broncos - 43
#11 Colts - 42
#2 Lions - 34
#9 Chargers - 23
#12 Dolphins - 41

They averaged 37.8 points per game in a 9 game stretch against some very good defenses. Hell they put up a 40 burger against you guys last year. Every team doesn't have a Tom Brady.....I'm not worried about our secondary against Miami.

My point was Brady ususally lights up every teams defense. He'll have bad games here and there but for the most part he lights up everybody since he's seen every defense and blitz known to man. Look at the points the Pats have scores since last seasons loss to the Chiefs:

#22 Bengals - 43
#4 Bills - 37
#6 Jets - 27
#30 Bears - 51
#3 Broncos - 43
#11 Colts - 42
#2 Lions - 34
#9 Chargers - 23
#12 Dolphins - 41

They averaged 37.8 points per game in a 9 game stretch against some very good defenses. Hell they put up a 40 burger against you guys last year. Every team doesn't have a Tom Brady.....I'm not worried about our secondary against Miami.

Yep Pats have 5 straight games with 4 TD's scored. 4 of those games were against playoff teams and the last was against one of the better defenses in the league. The last one they didn't was when they pulled Brady in meaningless game vs Buffalo. For anyone to beat them right now its probably going to take 30 or more points.

We almost always run from the spread baring some power formations at the goal-line. The spread IS our offense.

Only one toss play went for negative yardage.

How can you stop doing it when you never started it in the first place. Mitchell is our 1 tech. Suh played 3 tech the entire game when he was in mixed with a few goal-line D situations where he played the 9.

We blitz the A gaps 75-80% of the time with our LB's. The few times we blitz from the outside comes mostly from the CB's and SS with a few exceptions of WLB Jenkins.

Where the **** do people get this stuff from? :idk:

No we don't run from the spread, I mean actually put the TE and receiver away from the line, force them to play dime and run on it. That is the spread. I'll find a pick of the Pats game where they did it so you see what I'm talking about.

One toss play went for negative and the rest went for nothing. Its a bad play starting that far back with our line.

Last game we did not blitz 75% of the time with the A gap. We kept blitzing on the outside and getting caught in the wash. First example was the 14 yard run Bortles had because we blitzed to the outside. What we do for blitzes is run straight at the free linemen when we do come up the middle. Watch the game again. No delayed blitzes, no crossing. High school style blitzes.

I get this stuff from watching the game. You can argue don't insult.

I think our best bet is to run the hurry up offense and super fast tempo. I think that our only option in terms of offense

Back
Top Bottom