How to Beat buffalo!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to Beat buffalo!!!

Our best bet is to score at least 22 points. Here are all of the games that Ryan has played against Buffalo. When we score 22 we win. When we score less we lose.

Games involving Miami and Buffalo beginning with the 2012 season ending with the 2015 season:

2012 season: Week 11 Thu Nov 15 2012 at Buf Buffalo 19, Miami 14
2012 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 23 2012 at Mia Miami 24, Buffalo 10
2013 season: Week 7 Sun Oct 20 2013 at Mia Buffalo 23, Miami 21
2013 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 22 2013 at Buf Buffalo 19, Miami 0
2014 season: Week 2 Sun Sep 14 2014 at Buf Buffalo 29, Miami 10
2014 season: Week 11 Thu Nov 13 2014 at Mia Miami 22, Buffalo 9
2015 season: Week 3 Sun Sep 27 2015 Buf at Mia
2015 season: Week 9 Sun Nov 8 2015 Mia at Buf

Primary team Miami: 2-4
Points for Miami: 91
Points against Miami: 109

Looking at the recent history of these games betting the under might be the way to go this week. They have only topped 43 combined points one time in the last 6 games.

I don't see us winning this game, period. Something really odd or unpredictable would have to occur. Buffalo has smashed us frequently over the last few seasons because of our dreadful offensive line. Jason Fox is steaming pile of crap with a mushy head that's gonna get banged up sooner than later. Dallas Thomas is far inferior to the tackles lined up against him and the other guy is a rookie that may one day develop into an average player. The short passing game is predictable and the only chance we have is to create confusion, on every play over whether Tannehill will run or stay home.

The one thing I saw we did, on some plays, that was effective, was we were able to part the defensive line in the middle so that Tannehill could step up to about 4 yards of open field before the linebacker level. This gave him an extra 1.5 seconds and an unobstructed view of the field. If we can somehow keep doing this than that will get us the time and get Tannehill the momentum to launch downfield, or run for a enough yards, on almost every play for a first down.

Tyrod made the Pats defense look like all stars.... He was terrible. It wasn't until the Pats were out of reach that the Bills offense did anything. Don't let that final score fool you.

That's what I get for pulling for the Bills against New England.

No we don't run from the spread, I mean actually put the TE and receiver away from the line, force them to play dime and run on it. That is the spread. I'll find a pick of the Pats game where they did it so you see what I'm talking about.

One toss play went for negative and the rest went for nothing. Its a bad play starting that far back with our line.

Last game we did not blitz 75% of the time with the A gap. We kept blitzing on the outside and getting caught in the wash. First example was the 14 yard run Bortles had because we blitzed to the outside. What we do for blitzes is run straight at the free linemen when we do come up the middle. Watch the game again. No delayed blitzes, no crossing. High school style blitzes.

I get this stuff from watching the game. You can argue don't insult.

We run from the spread and we run the spread. Concerning the JAx game, 13 of our 15 rushing attempts were run out of spread formations such as 3 wide, flexed & offset TE forms and trips using Inside Zone Reads, Inside Zone Runs, Outside Zone Runs, etc. I'm sorry you do not understand these concepts to identify them correctly. The other two runs were done out of 23 and 13 personnel. The only time you are going to see dime coverages in the NFL is on 3rd & extra long (10+) situations.. Fact is we are consistently, but not exclusively, defended by 3-3, 4-2, 2-4, and Big Nickel defensive formations regardless of down and distance outside of the redzone.

We ran 4 toss plays that gained 0, 3, 4, & -5 yds. The negative gain came from our inability to check out of a play in which Jax had finally and correctly ID'd pre-snap in late in the 3rd qtr (5:41, 2&10 to be exact). The other's we're well designed and Jax is a very well coached defense to boot.

I understand there were other occasions we blitzed from the outside with our LB's, but the majority are inside blitzes in passing situations allowing Wake and Vernon to provide the outside pressure while Suh tries to occupy two blockers while sending our LB's thru the A gap. Other situations that included outside blitzes were by our CB's and SS. Run blitzes are different animal.

I have no need to watch the game again. I've combed through it 5-6 times now highlighting different aspects of the game which are posted in VIP.

I didn't mean to insult, it's just ridiculous when people pull fictitious analysis from there derriere.

Offensively, it all comes down to the offensive line. This is one of those crucial, winnable, division games that we typically lose because our OL cannot open run lanes nor create a decent pocket long enough to run deep routes. When we can't threaten deep, their defense can smother the short routes and stuff the run.

All preseason I heard from the Dallas Thomas apologists. After Sunday's game, I'd like to hear from them and find out just how solid he is. If he's turned over a new leaf ... THIS is one of those games he needs to show it. He's already situated at the easiest position on the OL, guard, and he's been sandwiched between our best OL in Albert and Pouncey, and he's gone against creampuffs for the most part. This week he faces a very good Buffalo defense, likely without Albert to hold his hand. This week we need the OL to step up to get a win against a very beatable team. How will he do?

Albert is injured ... he's old, he was injury prone when we brought him in. This is not a surprise. Albert is a great player and teammate, but the fact remains that when you pay that kind of money, and you know the guy is injury prone, you need a backup plan. Parcells used to always say something to the effect of, "the most important ability is availability." He built all of his teams around not being injured. In this salary-cap era, there is nothing more devastating than having large chunks of your cap sidelined from injury.

James may have had some highlights ... but he has not been a good OL. This is the type of game he needs to start moving people and opening up lanes for Miller, because it's not going to happen on the left side, and Buffalo is stout up the middle. Douglas is a rookie, I hope he has a good showing, but IMHO, it's up to Ju'Wuan James to step up on the right side and bang open some running lanes.

Defensively, it's all about our linebackers. We need Vigil to spy the QB, stuff the runs up the middle, and contest shallow throws. We need to make Buffalo give up on the run, because if they get one-dimensional, we can shut them down.

We run from the spread and we run the spread. Concerning the JAx game, 13 of our 15 rushing attempts were run out of spread formations such as 3 wide, flexed & offset TE forms and trips using Inside Zone Reads, Inside Zone Runs, Outside Zone Runs, etc. I'm sorry you do not understand these concepts to identify them correctly. The other two runs were done out of 23 and 13 personnel. The only time you are going to see dime coverages in the NFL is on 3rd & extra long (10+) situations.. Fact is we are consistently, but not exclusively, defended by 3-3, 4-2, 2-4, and Big Nickel defensive formations regardless of down and distance outside of the redzone.

We ran 4 toss plays that gained 0, 3, 4, & -5 yds. The negative gain came from our inability to check out of a play in which Jax had finally and correctly ID'd pre-snap in late in the 3rd qtr (5:41, 2&10 to be exact). The other's we're well designed and Jax is a very well coached defense to boot.

I understand there were other occasions we blitzed from the outside with our LB's, but the majority are inside blitzes in passing situations allowing Wake and Vernon to provide the outside pressure while Suh tries to occupy two blockers while sending our LB's thru the A gap. Other situations that included outside blitzes were by our CB's and SS. Run blitzes are different animal.

I have no need to watch the game again. I've combed through it 5-6 times now highlighting different aspects of the game which are posted in VIP.

I didn't mean to insult, it's just ridiculous when people pull fictitious analysis from there derriere.

SoS you're really going to make me join VIP!

The Pats tried to humiliate the Bills but couldn't knock them out. They did not let up, that's not the Patriot way. I agree that the final score is not indicative of how much better they were but they did not give anything away for free. Bills had ball with a chance to tie at the end. That's all you can ask for and Tyrod kept the Bills in a game they should have been blown out in.

Belichick was smiling, he rarely does when the Pats were up by a few scores. He wasn't grinning so much at the end. He was trying to break the Bills spirit and could not get the TKO.

SoS you're really going to make me join VIP!

It's well worth it. And I should have said "we" in that sentence. We have a great group of some very intelligent members that contribute extra news, info and analysis in VIP. And along with helping out a great site, the chat option is fantastic.

My Dolphins fan coworker asked me if the Dolphins had a chance...I said that the Bills are going to sacrifice Tannehill at the 50 yard line and drink his blood. Yep.

I had a guy at work ask if he should start buffalo's defense and i told him its the best matchup he will get all year, except when we play at buffalo later this year.

Our offensive line makes me sick, i really like tannehill as person and fear for his health, he deserves better.

Tyrod made the Pats defense look like all stars.... He was terrible. It wasn't until the Pats were out of reach that the Bills offense did anything. Don't let that final score fool you.

That's what I get for pulling for the Bills against New England.
Good thing you guys dont have Belichick designing a gameplan to confuse Tyrod Taylor...........then I'd be worried.

Contain and pressure Tyrod and we win. It's that simple. Suh and Wake should not be having this much trouble creating a consistent pass rush. On offense I have enough faith in Tannehill not to make the stupid mistakes which will kill us but he's going to need to make plays against a defense which allowed a bunch of them last week.

I think you guys are reading too much into what team A did to team B so we should be able to do this. Last season you guys dominated the Patriots week 1 and got smoked by us week 2 ....... why you ask? Because your oline does not match up well against our defensive line. We lost to you guys last season in Miami 22-9.......if our offense could score anything more than FGs we're probably talking about a different outcome. We were up 9-3 at one point.......2 possesions inside the Miami 15 yards line that ended in a FG. Our offense was anemic that day.......Orton had one foot out the door and it showed!

Back
Top Bottom