How tough is our schedule now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How tough is our schedule now?

Like I said all off season, 14 teams aren’t happy to see us on their schedule.

I mean I don’t want to get too ahead ourselves here but ya our opponents aren’t very imposing. Can’t take anyone for granted, ie Colts just beat the Chiefs so any given Sunday.

Also looking at the Chargers you almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Before the season started I thought the first 4 games would be the toughest stretch and was hoping to go 2-2. Obviously the team exceeded my expectations. If we can pull off the win on this short week against the defending AFC champs then I won't be worried about any team left on the schedule except Buffalo.

This is off topic, but I just wanna say it.

In the offseason, arguably the top 2 WRS in the game were traded. They pretty much chose their destination.

1 compared his new QB as being just as good as Rodgers.

The other said his new QB was easily the more accurate QB.

3 WEEKS into the season Davante Adam's is on an 0-3 teams with calls to find new QB and less than 50 yards receiving the last 2 games.

3 games into the season, Tyreke hills team is 3-0. Only u defeated team in the AFC.He Is A top 5 WR statistically.

Just curious. You think either WR regrets their decision?

Now about the thread lol. Yes, definitely a couple teams look stronger now. However, after beating Baltimore and the Bills, there is not 1 team Miami plays, until they play Buffalo again, that's in the same tier as Buffalo or Baltimore.

As long as Tua is all right we'll do nothing but get better and better each week. Everyone on offense will be playing faster and the oline will gel and play as a unit. Just keep Tua upright. He's Alabama Tua now, the guy we drafted as he's finally in a position to blossom and be a great NFL QB.

5 of our last 6 games will be a big test.
Perhaps a little too early, but here are the last 6 games:
@49ers - Winnable, Garoppolo does not scare me
@Chargers - Winnable, the Jaguars dominated them and we are better than the Jags
@Bills - This one will be tough, If I had to bet I'd pick the Bills right now
Packers - This one will be tough, the Packers always play a tough game
@patriots - We are their daddy at this point and Mac Jones may be out
Jets - Easy win

I would say 2 of the last 6 would be against difficult teams. Perhaps we win 3 out of 6 here.

Depends on whose healthy on a given matchup, but outside of the Buffalo rematch, Miami should beat the remaining opponents. That is, they match up well with all those teams and have more overall talent. That is not, they will actually win one of those games. It's the NFL, and Miami is still only 3 games into a new system. I'm very impressed with how quickly McDaniel was able to implement the system and how well the team is playing, and I'm super optimistic about Miami's present and future, but progress isn't typically linear.

On Miami's schedule, Baltimore and Buffalo are the only teams with the firepower and completeness to match or exceed them in talent.

But, Cincinnati, Minnesota, and LAC are certainly good enough to beat Miami on an off day/night. GB has a chance with Rodgers and that D.

I would like to see Miami increase its margin for error by being more aggressive passing to start the game. Tua has been an absolute assassin out of shotgun with some spacing, and fewer plays are getting blown up out of shotgun. Guys are getting open, and Tua is finding them on time. In 2022, he's been nothing short of elite from the gun. He's been good on the PA stuff too, except when rolling right, but Miami has been making more mistakes in general from this alignment. When their drives stall, it's not because Tua isn't finding and hitting his receivers.

Nice as the win was, it was a little frustrating to see Tua have so few opportunities when he was playing so well.

Hill and Waddle should be pretty fresh for Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom