How tough is our schedule now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How tough is our schedule now?

Perhaps a little too early, but here are the last 6 games:
@49ers - Winnable, Garoppolo does not scare me
@Chargers - Winnable, the Jaguars dominated them and we are better than the Jags
@Bills - This one will be tough, If I had to bet I'd pick the Bills right now
Packers - This one will be tough, the Packers always play a tough game
@patriots - We are their daddy at this point and Mac Jones may be out
Jets - Easy win

I would say 2 of the last 6 would be against difficult teams. Perhaps we win 3 out of 6 here.

Don't kid yourself. Those will be mostly difficult games, barring catastrophic injuries.

@49ers - Shannahan knows McDaniel and vice versa. If Jimmy G stays healthy, and their D stays healthy, it will not be an easy game based on familiarity alone.
@Chargers - Don't look at this week, or the next 2. I've had torn rib cartilage. It is amazing they got enough pain killers in him to play. It's going to be weeks before he is normal.
@Bills - It will be a revenge game in the snow
Packers - They will be better in December than they are now. They have no QB-WR chemistry at the moment.
@Patriots - They will have snow, a good D, and a solid running game.
Jets - only cupcake on paper

Given that in 4 days we will at worst be 3-1, we need to FEAST during the middle part of our schedule while continuing to grow as a team.

Depends on whose healthy on a given matchup, but outside of the Buffalo rematch, Miami should beat the remaining opponents. That is, they match up well with all those teams and have more overall talent. That is not, they will actually win one of those games. It's the NFL, and Miami is still only 3 games into a new system. I'm very impressed with how quickly McDaniel was able to implement the system and how well the team is playing, and I'm super optimistic about Miami's present and future, but progress isn't typically linear.

On Miami's schedule, Baltimore and Buffalo are the only teams with the firepower and completeness to match or exceed them in talent.

But, Cincinnati, Minnesota, and LAC are certainly good enough to beat Miami on an off day/night. GB has a chance with Rodgers and that D.

I would like to see Miami increase its margin for error by being more aggressive passing to start the game. Tua has been an absolute assassin out of shotgun with some spacing, and fewer plays are getting blown up out of shotgun. Guys are getting open, and Tua is finding them on time. In 2022, he's been nothing short of elite from the gun. He's been good on the PA stuff too, except when rolling right, but Miami has been making more mistakes in general from this alignment. When their drives stall, it's not because Tua isn't finding and hitting his receivers.

Nice as the win was, it was a little frustrating to see Tua have so few opportunities when he was playing so well.

Hill and Waddle should be pretty fresh for Thursday.
Any chance that Mcdaniel intentionally kept their receptions to a minimum, in anticipation of our short week for our next game?

I may be getting greedy, but is it too much to expect a 12-5/13-4 record at the end of the season? This assuming our key players(especially Tua) stay healthy

Like I said all off season, 14 teams aren’t happy to see us on their schedule.

I mean I don’t want to get too ahead ourselves here but ya our opponents aren’t very imposing. Can’t take anyone for granted, ie Colts just beat the Chiefs so any given Sunday.

Also looking at the Chargers you almost feel bad for them. Almost.
I do feel bad for any QB who has the same Doctor who punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung

To win the conference we have to beat the bills 3 times- The Fins are going there to win for home field advantage! Book it!

Well, Bills have a tough game this week.

They could very easily be 2-2.

Also, keep notice of Allen's potential hand injury or whatever he got x-rays for.

I'm not wishing harm on him or anyone. I would want to see him play.

But he is the 1 player they cannot lose. This is why, right now, he is the MVP of the league.

When we win in December, Tua finalizes his MVP run. But right now it's Allen.

If they lose 2 in a row, and Allenbeing dinged up, they could have a little slump coming here.

Power rankings are beyond stupid.

Plus teams that look good in the off-season often are not and vice versa.

How many times has Miami been touted a SuperBowl contender in July and been out of the playoffs by Oct 1?

Hopefully we don’t crumble bc you don’t win any championships in Sept.

Power rankings are beyond stupid.

Plus teams that look good in the off-season often are not and vice versa.

How many times has Miami been touted a SuperBowl contender in July and been out of the playoffs by Oct 1?

Hopefully we don’t crumble bc you don’t win any championships in Sept.
I can't remember a time since Shula.

I can't remember a time since Shula.
How about when we got the Suh and that speed receiver who was a steeler? Between 2001 and 2020 we won every damn offseason and were touted contenders repeatedly….I knew better..

How about when we got the Suh and that speed receiver who was a steeler? Between 2001 and 2020 we won every damn offseason and were touted contenders repeatedly….I knew better..
Off-season champs and Super Bowl contenders are 2 different things.

Any chance that Mcdaniel intentionally kept their receptions to a minimum, in anticipation of our short week for our next game?

I thought of that, but I doubt it. Even if that was the goal, with the score tight in 2H, I suspect he would have changed his mind.

To win the conference we have to beat the bills 3 times- The Fins are going there to win for home field advantage! Book it!
Win, win, win.
How times have changed - LOL

I notice that the complaints trying to explain what went wrong when we lost are shifting to how far-away we are from our goal (Superbowl) and what we are still going to need to win "x", "y" & "z" to even make it to the play offs or get homefield advantage.

I also notice that winning the division is not good enough anymore - LOL

How times have changed - LOL

I thought of that, but I doubt it. Even if that was the goal, with the score tight in 2H, I suspect he would have changed his mind.
I agree.

The only real advantage I can see to be gained would have been less exposure to injury, and as we saw, even non-contact serious injuries can occur.

Still, I can't help but wonder what is going on in McDaniel's mind.
Tomorrow should be "enlightening" - LOL

it's a tough but favorable schedule if you get past Cincy with a win. Joe Burrow wins. Tua wins. It's a good match up .

Back
Top Bottom