How upset would you be if we drafted o line with first 2 picks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How upset would you be if we drafted o line with first 2 picks?

If we drafted Quenton Nelson at #11 and OT Kolton Miller in the 2nd round I'd have no problem with that.

I would love to see the team get a defensive standout with one of their first two picks.

But, if they solved the offensive line puzzle that's been haunting the team for 10 plus years that wouldn't be too bad. Nelson in the 1st and Price in the 2nd would be pretty nice and go along way towards improving the team.

I wouldn't mind it in the second and third if the right players were available. Or the first if we trade down. If we pick a G at #11 I'd hate it.

If the draft played out like Quenton Nelson at 11 and Jamarco Jones, Chukwuma Okorafor, or James Daniels at 42, I'd be cool with it. It wouldn't be my preferred route, and I don't think the team would seriously consider it, but you could do far worse. Miami did in 2017.

You should ultimately only be upset if you're convinced they didn't get good players.

Would it be the most ideal allocation of resources? IMO, no.

You would be banking on Ryan Tannehill and Adam Gase, with the weapons that exist on offense, being able to carry the team. Throwing so many resources at the OL would be making sure that there aren't the type of issues on the OL that would sabotage the Tannehill/Gase/skill players combination from making their mark.

It would leave you needing to make some free agent acquisitions on defense, though.

Trade back time and again...
Can turn the 12th pick into an extra 2nd or third then trade back again. Need 4 starters in this draft at least.

If we're talking Richmond Webb & Keith Sims then no I wouldn't be upset.

I am down with back to back OL.

Heck I am ok with our first 4 picks being 2 OL and 2 TE's.

This may sound a bit odd but I’d be happy about drafting Nelson in the 1st and Price in the 2nd this way we can once and for all shore up our o-line. But I’d be upset at the idea of taking just Nelson in the 1st and not another o-lineman in the second. It’s either we once and for all fix the o-line or use the pick to strengthen another area. Once Dallas made their o-line the best their team changed. I’d rather have a dominant unit like either line or the secondary as that seems to change a team. Example would be Dallas o-line, Seattle secondary, or philly d-line

This may sound a bit odd but I’d be happy about drafting Nelson in the 1st and Price in the 2nd this way we can once and for all shore up our o-line. But I’d be upset at the idea of taking just Nelson in the 1st and not another o-lineman in the second. It’s either we once and for all fix the o-line or use the pick to strengthen another area. Once Dallas made their o-line the best their team changed. I’d rather have a dominant unit like either line or the secondary as that seems to change a team. Example would be Dallas o-line, Seattle secondary, or philly d-line

First off, it's certainly not odd to want that because that is the shortest path to fielded a great team.

The second part doesn't make as much sense. I get wanting two OL, I am the leader of that bandwagon but I'll also sign up right now for Nelson and an impact defense player in the 2nd round.

As an Ohio State fan, I wanted McMillian in the second round last year. Price is the offensive equivalent of Raekwon.

I fear there is a good chance we miss out on both.

Nelson and Price would be a devastating combo to add to our team. Leadership and talent is needed on offense. OL make the best leaders. Might also be a good way to get the most out of Laremy Tunsil, who despite his year 2 struggles unquestionably has all the skills you want from a LT.

We don't know exactly what the plan is for the OL as it pertains to potentially releasing Pouncey or where Jesse Davis will end up.

These two players would fit under any scenario.

For a team that struggled on offense in 2017 as much as we did, we don't have many positions we can upgrade outside of interior OL and TE that can make an immediate difference.

Trade back time and again...
Can turn the 12th pick into an extra 2nd or third then trade back again. Need 4 starters in this draft at least.

Jonathan Martin was a "starter." Colombo was a "starter." Whoever we had lined up as LBs this year were "starters."

I'll stick with getting the most talent.

Back
Top Bottom