How & When can Miami assess Wilson, Hurns? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How & When can Miami assess Wilson, Hurns?

Fk Golladay. The idea of wasting cap space on a guy with the least amount of separation among NFL WRs makes me sick.
Hurns is a good depth guy for a boundary spot and Wilson was his FastAF self in late 2019 and is an NFL veteran who we wont have to wait out 'rookie blues' with as opposed to drafting a slot guy and counting on him to contribute immediately.
I mean, still draft slot guy(s), but as backup until they can hang in the League.
I like that Estridge kid, but it's gonna take 6 games or more for him (or similar) to handle NFL DBs and learn the offense and blah blah.

It Really seems that there's more to lose than to gain by cutting Wison & Hurns.
I think, realistically, there isn't room for both. Of the two, I prefer Wilson.

I think it's a safe assumption that we add 2 recievers. Then DVP, Williams, and Bowden make 5.

Probably only rostering 6, though 7 is possible.

Wilson continued:

If Wilson were cut, we would save 2.8 against the cap, but those saving would evaporate due to the 2.3M in dead money. So... cutting him generates essentially zero savings.

Hurns continued:

Hurns actually has negative consequences to cut... we'd only save 800K against the cap, but would incur 2.1M in dead money.

Neither one of these guys is gonna help you I-wanna-sign-a-FA guys afford your new pony... and cutting them because you are mad at them... well, that is pretty dumb... you know?
It really does defy logic........

It really does defy logic........
Getting some of these people to actually look at the nuts and bolts of how these contracts work is nearly impossible... I can tell when they've finally got it when they say, 'but it shouldn't work that way; the NFL rules are stupid'.

The way I see it hurns or Wilson is an absolute upgrade over Hollins, Ford, etc if they’re healthy.
...he opted out.

That left some people hating on him for "quitting" in the team.

Imagine that, a guy with a newborn not wanting to pass the virus to the newborn...yet hated by "humans" who could care less about the reasoning.

I think, realistically, there isn't room for both. Of the two, I prefer Wilson.

I think it's a safe assumption that we add 2 recievers. Then DVP, Williams, and Bowden make 5.

Probably only rostering 6, though 7 is possible.

I prefer wilson but I understand he isn't the Wilson I saw in his prime.

I prefer wilson but I understand he isn't the Wilson I saw in his prime.
That remains to be seen...

A year away from the contact may be what he needs to heal his body.....

Back
Top Bottom