how will aj feeley do this season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how will aj feeley do this season?

I think AJ well have a really good year.Seems to me that Linehan's Offense plays to AJ's strengths, which is throwing the ball down field.

thenicksabanera said:
i was wonder dolphins fan how do you think aj feeley will do with the new system scott leinhan has and saban?

I think Feeley will be a better back up this year than he was last year, but a worse starter...

PHINATIC13 said:
I think AJ well have a really good year.Seems to me that Linehan's Offense plays to AJ's strengths, which is throwing the ball down field.

And you think this is AJ's strength why? All the downfield throwing he did last year i suppose which was...almost none. I know he didnt get the chance to because of the sorry o-line/bad coaching etcc..but.....dont say it's a strength if the guy has done it but a few times, and it not working often. AJ has average arm strength and panics wayyy to much in the pocket regadless of anything to "throw the ball downfiled" as you put it(good enough but not great).That being said i think AJ will have a better year than last year....something like 2500 yards passing..15-20 td's but over 20 int's. He'll improve...and then Saban will cut him. Just my opinion of whats to come. Nothing to worry about though guys...we'll either have Rodgers or Smith in the wings waiting. :D Lets hope anyway. Cheers.

I'd say if he starts every game somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 yds. 20 Td's and 15 Ints.

He should improve over last year, but he'll still be getting the hang of a new offense...and as the year goes in the TD's will increase and the INT's will decrease.

let's see.....16 games.....based on last year's performance at 2 ints per game avg and 1.5 TD game avg.....

24 TDs
32 INTs

He had 3 years behind Donovan to learn how to read defenses as well as starting 8 games last season and playing in 11 and didn't exactly look like he learned a whole lot although he did improve some.

So.....perhaps a more realistic approach assuming a little further "learning" in recognition and a (hopefully) stronger running game

My prediction (if he starts all year)
20 TDs
24 INTs
2700 yards
69 rating (guessing, whatever the above works out to be according to the formula)

I wanted to ask the guy who posted this picture a question...Is this Chris Carter # 88?

clear.gif

couldn't be, he wasn't on the team 3 seasons ago when we played Oakland at home. I remember going to the game (at the time living in New Orleans). Oakland was tearing it up (won something like 7 games in a row) and headed to the SB and we put the smack down on them. Carter played 2 seasons ago I believe.

Then again....I could be completely out of my mind and forgetting....

I think Feeley was stuck in a horrible situation last year. He had way too much pressure on him from the beginning considering we traded a 2nd to get him and too much was expected too soon. Then he was placed behind a crap offensive line with a crap running game. No inexperienced QB can be expected to play well under those circumstances. This year I think he will play much better since there will be better protection for him as well as a better supporting cast of talent to work with on offence. Too many people were quick to judgment on this guy and I don't think the criticism was fair at all. This guy was able to play very well on a Philadelphia Eagles team that was a contender a couple years ago. If he's good enough to play for Andy Reid and the Eagles offence he's good enough for me. You don't need a Pro Bowl QB to achieve success, just one who won't lose games for you by himself and I think Linehan's teaching will benefit him a lot.

4U2NV said:
I think Feeley was stuck in a horrible situation last year. He had way too much pressure on him from the beginning considering we traded a 2nd to get him and too much was expected too soon. Then he was placed behind a crap offensive line with a crap running game. No inexperienced QB can be expected to play well under those circumstances. This year I think he will play much better since there will be better protection for him as well as a better supporting cast of talent to work with on offence. Too many people were quick to judgment on this guy and I don't think the criticism was fair at all. This guy was able to play very well on a Philadelphia Eagles team that was a contender a couple years ago. If he's good enough to play for Andy Reid and the Eagles offence he's good enough for me. You don't need a Pro Bowl QB to achieve success, just one who won't lose games for you by himself and I think Linehan's teaching will benefit him a lot.

I agree with most of your points. However his play while at Philly was mediocre and similar stats to Fiedler's and the Defense won the games for him. He did have several 'dropped' passes (according to our personnel guru Rick) so they figured if his receivers could catch better his stats would have been higher. I think we all believe he will improve, the ? is how much...?

jbond said:
I agree with most of your points. However his play while at Philly was mediocre and similar stats to Fiedler's and the Defense won the games for him. He did have several 'dropped' passes (according to our personnel guru Rick) so they figured if his receivers could catch better his stats would have been higher. I think we all believe he will improve, the ? is how much...?

I didn't say that he led the Eagles to victory single-handedly but keep in mind too that this was a few years ago already and he looked half decent then. Players rarely stay stuck at the same skill level for that long and I think Feeley has improved even since his days as an injury fill-in for the Eagles and the stretch drive this past season proved that.

We can count on one thing -- through thick and thin, he'll always look pretty!

Back
Top Bottom