How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly

Judo, gymnastics, WWE, A bouncy house, I dont give a **** what they do, BUT IT IS THE HIGHEST PRIORITY this offseason.

No way that tackle against the Pack should have let to a concussion. Fix this **** now.
You never know what hit will cause a concussion. Kurt Busch was out of Nascar for like 3 months from what looked like a run of the mill accident in qualifying.

The video shows him at around 3 weeks and what the trainers where doing to get him healthy again.

The article says we don't have a 1st rounder this year AND next year...really? Did I miss something?
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.34.11 AM.png

I mentioned this past week Tua might want to work on this.

I have never come across an article dissecting the proper way to fall when landing on one’s back.

My thoughts on it are tightening of the core and contracting the neck muscles might help from the whiplash in which the back of his head hits the ground.

How to train that so it becomes instinctive not sure. Perhaps put him in a tub of foam and have him do it 100 times a day. Like motorcycle X riders that learn how to do flips on their bikes by landing on foam until they have done it so many times they are ready for dirt.

The article says we don't have a 1st rounder this year AND next year...really? Did I miss something?
View attachment 129998
They do have a first round pick right now in the 2024 draft. So unless they trade it away or Ross pulls another bone headed maneuver that causes them to lose that pick, the article stating they have no first round pick in 2024 is wrong.

Hilarious that people think you can teach a Qb how to fall properly while being tackles AND releasing a football. 😂 This is a read react sport. It is one thing to teach a baseball player how to slide into an immovable object, a base, it’s entirely different to think you can teach a Qb who breaks from a pocket and who has his eyes downfield looking to extend a play and doesn’t have eye in the back of his head to fall down properly. 😂

Have any of you guys played Qb 🤦

Perhaps getting the OL to pass block better so Tua isn’t constantly getting hit so much would be more effective. Unfortunately in football a QB is looking down field to throw the ball and defenders are coming at him from all angles.

In both cases when he suffered concussions from hits this past season, I really didn’t see that he had the time to adjust his body in a way that he could have avoided his head hitting the ground.

Learning to fall differently when he is running the ball is one thing that can be taught. Getting hit and being forced into the ground while throwing the ball just happens and that’s a reason many QB’s over the years have suffered concussions and other injuries.

Steve Young suffered at least 7 concussions in his career and I don’t remember anyone claiming that he suffered those concussions be he didn’t know how to fall properly while being tackled or hit while passing the ball.

Agreed 100%

This times 1,000,000. Watch how even Brady gives himself up and doesn't try to make a chicken sandwich out of chicken $hit.

This may help, but the problem is deciding when its necessary.

We see a play and say he should have just given himself up..
Come on Tua.

But then we watch him fake the heck out of Myles Garrett, or we see that spin move against Baltimore or quite a few more throughout the season and we say "YES... TUA MVP"

IF Tua is no longer supposed to extend plays, Miami does not make the playoffs this year.

Of course you could say it's situational. But Tua DID give himself up a few times this year.

When Tua was out, we saw first hand how bad this O line was. TUA seriously made the line look better then it was. Armstead obviously also.

Before we go down the impossible road of thinking you can teach a 210 LB QB to learn how to fall properly while being tackled by a 360 LB BEAST while holding on to the Football or after just throwing the Football......

Before that, worry about and fix the O line.

If not, prepare for a lot of fumbles or a lot of 3rd and 22's. Because for some reason, when our QB gets sacked ots not for 4 or 5 yards. Always seems to be 8 yards or more. Really wierd

Hilarious that people think you can teach a Qb how to fall properly while being tackles AND releasing a football. 😂 This is a read react sport. It is one thing to teach a baseball player how to slide into an immovable object, a base, it’s entirely different to think you can teach a Qb who breaks from a pocket and who has his eyes downfield looking to extend a play and doesn’t have eye in the back of his head to fall down properly. 😂

Have any of you guys played Qb 🤦
I have on madden it’s really easy. I stand in the pocket with no fear of getting sacked and injured.

I think trying to teach him to fall properly, if indeed that can be done when someone gets a hold of you, you're usually at their mercy because you are holding a ball, thats all fine and dandy if they want him to train in some sort of martial arts.

To me thats not how you address the root of the problem.

Imo, he has'nt learned to step up in the pocket correctly or nearly enough.

I can count on my fingers how many times I saw him sense pressure from the outside while making his drop, hit his back foot and launch himself up thru a gap to get him a cler view..

this is absolute neccessary in his qb development and if its not emphasized by someone they are failing him.

Tua tends to drift backwards or sideways when edge pressure is coming, making his more at risk to be caught and thrown down.

To limit his risk he must take a more aggressive approach to attacking the LOS.

Also, as we see in the playoffs, and what we hav'nt seen is Tua recognizing when to tuck and become a runner, this is a serious problem in his game and serious problem for our ability to win the game.

When your first or 2nd read isn't there he needs to find the gap, tuck the back and become an aggressive runner where he controls to outcome, sliding is the outcome when you control the ball in space.

This part of his game that is missing really sucks for all of us because it could help us win and could help protect Tua at the same time.

we all see that when his first or 2nd read isn't there he has no inclination to run the ball, his solution is to sit in the pocket and keeping looking for an open receiver, this is where he's at his worst, and gets caught doing so which reslts in hi risk bad outcome.

Some kind of training regarding falling couldn’t hurt, so why the f not

Back
Top Bottom