How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly

I have a better idea. Let's keep him upright and clean.
TBF, the OL did not get him hurt this year....Tua really did it to himself......not saying our OL was great but the first time he just held onto the ball way too long with more than one guy open......on the 2nd one again he could have gotten rid of the ball and that one hit wasn’t even bad, he just fell awkward like he normally does. I'm a big Tua fan but he needs to protect himself better.

Tua and dolphins are getting crazy and crazier by min.. wonder how this is going end. Up .. wonder who thought off this Grier..they also scare bring in real competition. they don't want mess up Tua mind...
bro wtf did you just say?

TBF, the OL did not get him hurt this year....Tua really did it to himself......not saying our OL was great but the first time he just held onto the ball way too long with more than one guy open......on the 2nd one again he could have gotten rid of the ball and that one hit wasn’t even bad, he just fell awkward like he normally does. I'm a big Tua fan but he needs to protect himself better.
I see your point however, we both know the right side was weak. Let Tua grow as a QB and get a better grasp on how to escape properly while we continue to shore up the OL to give him the right amount of protection at, behind, and even occasionally ahead of the LOS.

I see your point however, we both know the right side was weak. Let Tua grow as a QB and get a better grasp on how to escape properly while we continue to shore up the OL to give him the right amount of protection at, behind, and even occasionally ahead of the LOS.
oh I agree the line needs to get better, not just for Tua but for the running game......the offense needs more balance which comes from running the football.

You have no control how you fall when you have defenders coming at you 100 miles per hour in different angles. Unless you make this a wwe flag football. The question is can he take a hit? The answer is no.

Without reading the story, I was going to suggest Judo or Jiu Jitsu or even some wrestling. Learning how to fall is a huge part of the early training in all of those arts. Strengthening his neck is also huge.

One other thing is strengthening your jaw muscles. That helps a lot as well.
I never noticed. Has anyone seen if Tua wears a mouth piece? Statistically that helps a lot too. But it’s harder to communicate

I didn't read the article but one of the comments made a good point. He may be trying to avoid falling the way he hurt his hip. He was tackled from behind and fell face down. When he was tripped up from behind against GB, he spun around to fall face up rather than face down.

Hilarious that people think you can teach a Qb how to fall properly while being tackles AND releasing a football. 😂 This is a read react sport. It is one thing to teach a baseball player how to slide into an immovable object, a base, it’s entirely different to think you can teach a Qb who breaks from a pocket and who has his eyes downfield looking to extend a play and doesn’t have eye in the back of his head to fall down properly. 😂

Have any of you guys played Qb 🤦
And you know there are not training and techniques that reduce the chance of getting concussion how?

Signing or drafting better offensive lineman would be a good start don't ya think? Terron Armstead was a nice signing, we need more blockers like him.
The whole offensive philosophy is dependent upon good protection especially when you have a Qb that doesn’t run upfield..

So our whole offense and Tuas personal protection can be helped by a very good Oline

We do not have a very good Oline

All moves should start there

Free agency starts there

I think he needs to add some more muscle core, traps, shoulders whatever. Seems like he could improve in that department. Also he’s another year removed from the hip thing maybe he will start to fall a little more instinctively instead of awkwardly. Let’s go Tua!

Back
Top Bottom