How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will Dolphins teach Tua to fall properly

TBF, the OL did not get him hurt this year....Tua really did it to himself......not saying our OL was great but the first time he just held onto the ball way too long with more than one guy open......on the 2nd one again he could have gotten rid of the ball and that one hit wasn’t even bad, he just fell awkward like he normally does. I'm a big Tua fan but he needs to protect himself better.
Think there is a happy medium in there. He stands in and is always looking deep into the play going through progressions. Would rather him throw it away more and even pick a few times to run and protect himself.

Think there is a happy medium in there. He stands in and is always looking deep into the play going through progressions. Would rather him throw it away more and even pick a few times to run and protect himself.
I agree

Teaching a guy how fall???

This is literally the first thing students are taught when learning any serious martial art. In in more seriously self-defense (i.e. evasion) oriented schools, this is one of the primary things they practice at all levels.

scared shocked GIF by South Park

I didn't read the article but one of the comments made a good point. He may be trying to avoid falling the way he hurt his hip. He was tackled from behind and fell face down. When he was tripped up from behind against GB, he spun around to fall face up rather than face down.

I'd have to look at that particular play again, but I can't fathom anyone on earth would want to fall backwards instead of forwards and make a conscious effort to do so.

I'd have to look at that particular play again, but I can't fathom anyone on earth would want to fall backwards instead of forwards and make a conscious effort to do so.
Hard to say how much is the defender pulling him and how much is just Tua not protecting himself but he really does spin from falling face down to face up.

get neck and back stronger. get better equipment. get rid of ball in 3 seconds or less. take off running and slide. lots of things to do. go down when defender has you in grasp like QBs that can't run.

Back
Top Bottom