How Will the Quarterback Race Affect Miami? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Will the Quarterback Race Affect Miami?

Agreed! Agreed! But you better be able to put up points because you can have an all world defense and that mobile QB can STILL make plays.

So given the option between let try and get even better on defense and let's get alot better on offense. I'll take the offensive side of the ball.
It's not even close. The three seasons since Mahomes has been starter the AFC Championship Game winner has scored 37, 35 and 38 points. That is the threshold in this era, unless we plan on getting lucky like Federer the one time he won the French Open, when Soderling knocked out Nadal in the fourth round.

Defensive performance in the regular season doesn't mean a heck of a lot. In the playoffs you need a natural pass rush from your front line. That's what the Chiefs have and it made Josh Allen look very ordinary. Every time he tried to scramble right the end already had depth and was essentially baiting Allen to try. Likewise Tampa Bay took control of that Packers game via key sacks and pressures on Rodgers in the first half. Miami right now has a very admirable regular season defense but I don't see how it holds up against top caliber playoff offenses who would take advantage of our lack of natural pass rush, especially from the interior.

I'm glad I saw 1972 and 1973. I wouldn't want to be depending on anything forthcoming.

It's not even close. The three seasons since Mahomes has been starter the AFC Championship Game winner has scored 37, 35 and 38 points. That is the threshold in this era, unless we plan on getting lucky like Federer the one time he won the French Open, when Soderling knocked out Nadal in the fourth round.

Defensive performance in the regular season doesn't mean a heck of a lot. In the playoffs you need a natural pass rush from your front line. That's what the Chiefs have and it made Josh Allen look very ordinary. Every time he tried to scramble right the end already had depth and was essentially baiting Allen to try. Likewise Tampa Bay took control of that Packers game via key sacks and pressures on Rodgers in the first half. Miami right now has a very admirable regular season defense but I don't see how it holds up against top caliber playoff offenses who would take advantage of our lack of natural pass rush, especially from the interior.

I'm glad I saw 1972 and 1973. I wouldn't want to be depending on anything forthcoming.
Man are we getting old.....we haven't even been close to those Dolphins teams dominance since....RIP Coach Shula! Best of all time (BOAT)

You all are being biased because we’re all Miami fans. Not every player wants to play here over some other team, so stop thinking that’s the case.

5d1d8f57c314beeef755180d189b4510dff9b825.gifv

I guess yall going stress yall self out trying be Gm on.here. than on april 23 or what ever day it on. too watch Miami pick totally different from yall.

If we trade back and Parsons is available it changes our defense, We are scary, We could still get maybe Waddle and Harris and Toney with the picks gained from trading back with our picks . Plus a little draft picks next yr. Plus we are still in the second rd add a good big hefty either on o-line or d-line to complete our top 50 picks. I love that we are coaching the Senior Bowl this yr. It could really be a game-changer in the later rounds especially this yr

I could still see Miami taking Parsons, especially if they trade down a few spots.

Would hate to miss out on Smith, but that could solve a big issue in the Dolphins defense. I view him as a Flores type, depending on how character checks out.

What are your thoughts on Ossai at #18?

i see ossai as a raw pass rush wise 34 olb and he’s probably gonna cost you a top 25 pick. Which for me given our needs isn’t great value wise. A rotational 34 olb I think I can get more bang for my money elsewhere with that high a pick investment. But I will say one thing that kid might have the highest motor in the class. That kid runs to the football wherever it is on a every snap basis

another guy that belongs on the los

Back
Top Bottom