How would 49er/Chargers trade affect the #2 pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would 49er/Chargers trade affect the #2 pick?

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I think that the potential trade between San Fran and San Diego would be a great thing for us. Assuming this trade happens and San Diego takes Braylon Edwards, that does two things: 1. Now there is only one top WR left, Mike Williams, any team like the Vikings that had hoped he would fall to them would now have to worry about him getting out of the top 5, so we may find a pretty good trade down partner in someone who had hoped Williams would slip down to them. 2. Both of the top QBs would still be on the board if SD takes Edwards. This trade puts Rodgers into play for many teams because everyone expected SF to take him and they would obviously want alot to trade out of that spot, I dont think anyone was willing to give up that much to get Rodgers. Now at our #2 pick, anyone can trade up for less and get the QB of their choice and they would have to trade to our spot because it is a strong possibility that Cleveland would take a QB, there is also the possibility that we could have our choice of QBs if we want one. In my opinion this possible trade would put us in the driver's seat. What do you guys think?

If the trade happens, it's Bye Bye Braylon and hello Mr.Rodgers

THOMAS_54 said:
If the trade happens, it's Bye Bye Braylon and hello Mr.Rodgers

It will be Bye Bye Braylon and Hello Mr.Smith or trade down.

not me..........i think it helps out the Bears at 4 and the Bucs who will surely take a RB.........and the titans at 6..........they maybe go for Mike or use him as trade bait.........the fins are hamstrung at two because everyoen knows they need a two...........and no one is going to give it up..........they will force the fins to take a deal on lesser value because the fins really have no leverage, because 2 is way too high for MW on a value basis..........

I don't think being #2 in this draft is a bad thing...even if that SF/SD trade happens. There are 4 or 5 guys (Rodgers, Smith, Edwards, Brown) who are all worthy of going #1. One of them will get picked by the Dolphins or if some team wants to get one of them they would have to offer up a decent trade package.

At kffl it says the Chargers are denying of ever even thinking of this trade idea. Sorry guys. It ain't gonna happen.

On the Bill Werdl wire this evening that San Francisco has been sniffing around the league, and Bill said that through sources, the 49'ers are interested in trading for Drew Brees. Bill said they haven't contacted the Chargers yet, but they were seriously thinking about it. Just thought I would share that.

Back
Top Bottom