How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

It was a Mando article in the Miami Herald last Sunday. Go read it. It's under this is how the Miami Dolphins view Josh Rosen-including his personality-and what happens next. He has his sources inside the organization that know more about their thinking than you and I do.
Obviously because he swore we weren't taking Rosen, at best Mondo's sources are questionable. He hates Rosen for religious and political reasons and would jump on a jamitor's opinion if it furthered his character attack.

They brought in Fitz to be a stopgap, why would they go out and trade 2 draft pics for something they already have? If that's the case you roll with Fitz for the year then draft a QB next. They obviously see something and think he fits what they are looking for otherwise they wouldn't have wasted the pics for a temp QB. That's what they would be, wasted pics, and they're in no position to do that. If he would have been a free agent, that's a different story, cheap contract and no equity in him, but they gave up valuable picks for him, therefore, they have equity in him. If he shows improvement in the areas they expect, they are not taking a QB next year. You would have to see a catastrophic collapse for them to even consider it.

It doesn't matter what you or I think, the team will decide if they need to draft a QB next year. Just because they traded for Rosen doesn't mean they can't draft another QB next year. I would have just rolled with Fitzpatrick this year and not brought in Rosen, but they decided they want to see if Rosen can become a good QB.

The people who hope the team was going to tank for tua are now grasping at straws to see how they can still project the team to draft him.

Fitzpatrick is going to play this year and Rosen is going to be the long term qb. There is no 1 year evaluation period for Rosen.

Not with the new draft scale. You would have in the old days, but not anymore. Why do you think Rosen has a pretty cheap contract?
He is cheap to us because AZ took the brunt of his contract. Rosen had a 17 Mill/4year rookie contract. The contract is fully guaranteed. AZ paid (salary and signing bonus) $11 Mill for one year.

Think a team can afford tossing out 11-15 Mill every year for one year rookie gigs?

It doesn't matter what you or I think, the team will decide if they need to draft a QB next year. Just because they traded for Rosen doesn't mean they can't draft another QB next year. I would have just rolled with Fitzpatrick this year and not brought in Rosen, but they decided they want to see if Rosen can become a good QB.
Not saying they can't or won't but the likelihood of us drafting a QB next year just decreased significantly. At this point, they obviously think Rosen could be that guy.

The people who hope the team was going to tank for tua are now grasping at straws to see how they can still project the team to draft him.

Fitzpatrick is going to play this year and Rosen is going to be the long term qb. There is no 1 year evaluation period for Rosen.
I don't think Fitzpatrick plays much if any this year. A better option came along, a more long term solution. He's already taken his lumps as a rookie so there's not much of a curve to get used to, he knows what it's like to be on his back. If his confidence hasn't been shaken by that, it never will. No point in sitting him.

He is cheap to us because AZ took the brunt of his contract. Rosen had a 17 Mill/4year rookie contract. The contract is fully guaranteed. AZ paid (salary and signing bonus) $11 Mill for one year.

Think a team can afford tossing out 11-15 Mill every year for one year rookie gigs?

And you just made my point. The Dolphins didn't draft Rosen so if he doesn't play well this season, they have another reason to go draft their own guy next year. It's not like they drafted Rosen themselves.

Fitzpatrick isn't going to start over Rosen this year. They need to see what they have in Rosen and they can't do that with him sitting on the bench.

He actually played well last year.
Made some rookie mistakes but the supporting cast was terrible, can't throw all the bad on him. He also made some really nice throws that were dropped. He didn't have much help but was still respectable. His average drop back time on his sacks was 2.5 seconds, that's hardly enough time to drop back and set, let alone find an open receiver. That would give any QB happy feet. Give him time and he can hit the throws.

Not saying they can't or won't but the likelihood of us drafting a QB next year just decreased significantly. At this point, they obviously think Rosen could be that guy.

And he basically has this season to prove he could be that guy. But if he doesn't show improvement from last season, I doubt he will be in their plans long term.

And he basically has this season to prove he could be that guy. But if he doesn't show improvement from last season, I doubt he will be in their plans long term.
That I don't disagree with. But even minimal improvement will give him another year. Remember, we're not expected to be much better than Arizona was. We need to get the line up to par, I do think we already have some nice weapons on the roster and Albert Wilson should be back and healthy. So If we protect him and he falters, then I can see them moving on, but until we put him into that position we won't know and the way it looks we won't be providing that protection upgrade for him this year.

Back
Top Bottom