How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, May 1, 2019.

1. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Obviously because he swore we weren't taking Rosen, at best Mondo's sources are questionable. He hates Rosen for religious and political reasons and would jump on a jamitor's opinion if it furthered his character attack.

2. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

It doesn't matter what you or I think, the team will decide if they need to draft a QB next year. Just because they traded for Rosen doesn't mean they can't draft another QB next year. I would have just rolled with Fitzpatrick this year and not brought in Rosen, but they decided they want to see if Rosen can become a good QB.

rickd13 likes this.
  3. CoryMatthews

CoryMatthews Well-Known Member

The people who hope the team was going to tank for tua are now grasping at straws to see how they can still project the team to draft him.

Fitzpatrick is going to play this year and Rosen is going to be the long term qb. There is no 1 year evaluation period for Rosen.

Superself likes this.
  4. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

He is cheap to us because AZ took the brunt of his contract. Rosen had a 17 Mill/4year rookie contract. The contract is fully guaranteed. AZ paid (salary and signing bonus) $11 Mill for one year.

Think a team can afford tossing out 11-15 Mill every year for one year rookie gigs?

5. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

Not saying they can't or won't but the likelihood of us drafting a QB next year just decreased significantly. At this point, they obviously think Rosen could be that guy.

6. 13marino13

I don't think Fitzpatrick plays much if any this year. A better option came along, a more long term solution. He's already taken his lumps as a rookie so there's not much of a curve to get used to, he knows what it's like to be on his back. If his confidence hasn't been shaken by that, it never will. No point in sitting him.

Vaark likes this.
  7. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

He actually played well last year.

13marino13 likes this.
  8. Ryan1973

And you just made my point. The Dolphins didn't draft Rosen so if he doesn't play well this season, they have another reason to go draft their own guy next year. It's not like they drafted Rosen themselves.

rickd13 likes this.
  9. Ryan1973

Fitzpatrick isn't going to start over Rosen this year. They need to see what they have in Rosen and they can't do that with him sitting on the bench.

rickd13 likes this.
  10. Ryan1973

You weren't watching the same games I was watching then. He stunk for the most part.

rickd13 likes this.
  11. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Eerie similar?

Mayfield 7.7 YPA
    Darnold 6.9 YPA
    Allen 6.5 YPA
    Rosen 5.8 YPA

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/gross-yards-per-passing-attempt

rickd13 and CoryMatthews like this.
  12. 13marino13

Made some rookie mistakes but the supporting cast was terrible, can't throw all the bad on him. He also made some really nice throws that were dropped. He didn't have much help but was still respectable. His average drop back time on his sacks was 2.5 seconds, that's hardly enough time to drop back and set, let alone find an open receiver. That would give any QB happy feet. Give him time and he can hit the throws.

13. Ryan1973

And he basically has this season to prove he could be that guy. But if he doesn't show improvement from last season, I doubt he will be in their plans long term.

rickd13 likes this.
  14. 13marino13

15. 13marino13

That I don't disagree with. But even minimal improvement will give him another year. Remember, we're not expected to be much better than Arizona was. We need to get the line up to par, I do think we already have some nice weapons on the roster and Albert Wilson should be back and healthy. So If we protect him and he falters, then I can see them moving on, but until we put him into that position we won't know and the way it looks we won't be providing that protection upgrade for him this year.