How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

Stop this damn non-sense. He didn't play well. He threw more interceptions than TDs. Had a 66 passer rating. Went 3-10. Got fired after one year. I don't care how bad you perceive his situation was last year. He didn't play well. That's why the team he played for last year ate all his salary cap and moved on. No team was willing to give up a first or second rounder until Grier **** his pants and caved. Can he improve? Sure but he didn't play worth a **** last year. Quit trying to excuse the bad play away.

Y'all are beyond ridiculous with the excuse making already for Rosen. Didn't we just go through this with thill. At least thill's last year could be explained by injuries. And his season looks like roses compared to Rosen. It's not even close.
5ccd1e8dea50f344869957.gif

He stays in there for 2 years...regardless,

If he's the genuine article...we got him for a steal.

If he's a total bust, we are in line to draft Lawrence in '21.

Stop this damn non-sense. He didn't play well. He threw more interceptions than TDs. Had a 66 passer rating. Went 3-10. Got fired after one year. I don't care how bad you perceive his situation was last year. He didn't play well. That's why the team he played for last year ate all his salary cap and moved on. No team was willing to give up a first or second rounder until Grier **** his pants and caved. Can he improve? Sure but he didn't play worth a **** last year. Quit trying to excuse the bad play away.

Y'all are beyond ridiculous with the excuse making already for Rosen. Didn't we just go through this with thill. At least thill's last year could be explained by injuries. And his season looks like roses compared to Rosen. It's not even close.
His season was neck and neck with any other rookie 1st round QB not named Mayfield.

I get it. You're "hand shy", like a dog that's been beaten, from the Thill fiasco, and you are in no mood to repeat the experience.

I also agree that saying Rosen "didn't play poorly" is a laughable statement.

Don't mistake reasons, and reality for excuses though. Rosen had a s**t team, and s**t coaches, and while that's also true of RT, there were two big flaws that limited him, irrespective of the team aspect. Zero pocket awareness, and slow post snap reads.

I've seen enough, in what little film I have seen in Rosen that I don't believe that to be the case here.

I'm not telling you we have our franchise QB. Only time will tell on that, and next season is a "free" year, in that respect.

At the price we paid, there was no reason not to take a shot. There is no plan, beyond seeing what we have. Decisions will be made, as the situation is assessed, prior to the next draft.

I don't see why that would be a problem for anyone.

I don't think the Dolphins will wait until 2021 for Lawrence if Rosen is bad this year. They will be in line to draft Tua or another top QB coming out in 2020.

I don't think the Dolphins will wait until 2021 for Lawrence if Rosen is bad this year. They will be in line to draft Tua or another top QB coming out in 2020.

Everything likes up perfectly for Lawrence. They'd be a fool to judge Rosen one year behind an o line with Tunsil the ONLY mainstay.

They wasted draft capital if that was the case.

Everything likes up perfectly for Lawrence. They'd be a fool to judge Rosen one year behind an o line with Tunsil the ONLY mainstay.

They traded a low 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick next year for him. Plus they got an extra 2nd round pick next year. I doubt that would stop them from drafting another QB next year if Rosen doesn't perform well and they have a high enough pick to get one. I don't think they would pass up a chance to draft Tua for the sake of maybe having a chance to draft Lawrence a year later. That would be dumb. Rosen is going to be on a short leash.

I want to see progress, and by the end of the year, not have the typical sinking feeling I get when we are trailing, or on 3rd downs, or even when we are beating the patriots by only a score or two.

What makes anyone think we’d be in line to draft Lawrence in 2021? If we’re picking #1 overall in two years our entire staff is likely fired.

We were in 10-20 pick no man’s land for the past 8 years and somehow Rosen is going to either bring us to the promise land or a #1 pick? That’s not how it works.

Well enough that Brian Flores thinks that we are better having him as the starting quarterback and using the first round pick to fill a different hole. If you can't trust the head coach to and organization to evaluate talent, it doesn't matter who you draft anyway.

They'd be a fool to judge Rosen one year behind an o line with Tunsil the ONLY mainstay.

That's an oversimplification. The staff is not going to predetermine whether Rosen gets 2 years, or not. It will (should be) predicated on his performance this year. It wouldn't be prudent to take any other approach.

If he blows, you don't march him out there again, out of pride. That how we got to this point.

He has to show enough, in the opinions of the coaches to warrent a second season.

I won't consider it wasted, regardless of the outcome.

Kinda sums it up. My point exactly.
Common sense though would dictate we aren't in position to get the #1 overall in 2021. Provided you draft well enough before then. The team should improve at least enough to win 6-8 games in 2020 regardless of who the QB is. But this provides that Grier and Flores are properly rebuilding

The original question asked is a lot more nuanced than people are assuming. It's quite likely not going to be clearcut whether Rosen is the guy...he may show significant improvement while still not breaking out as a star (sort of like Trubisky did), and the team will forced to make a choice that half the people here will hate.

Common sense though would dictate we aren't in position to get the #1 overall in 2021. Provided you draft well enough before then. The team should improve at least enough to win 6-8 games in 2020 regardless of who the QB is. But this provides that Grier and Flores are properly rebuilding
Well, common sense would lead me to believe Grier, Flores and co. would be on their way out if we are still bottom of the league after 2 years, but if we are making progress, it wouldn't be impossible, with some wheeling and dealing of draft picks.

Assume we have a bad record next year, resulting in a top 3 pick. If we wanted another year to assess Rosen, we could easily parley that into a wealth of future picks.

Back
Top Bottom