How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, May 1, 2019.

1. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan Donator

My threshold is easy. Don’t have a record that would give us a realistic chance to draft him.

2. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Command of the offense, getting the wins we should get on paper, leading the team to wins that we shouldn’t get on paper.
    Ultimately, if by the end of the season when the offense comes on the field if I have confidence that they can do something to keep us in the game I’ll be happy with him moving forward and I’d say let’s build the team around him in this next draft.

3. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

How MANY NFL teams consistently draft pure BPA?

4. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

I need to see quality results offensively, poise, very good QB play, and improvisation when **** breaks down around him.

I'm not going to hold him accountable for W/L, unless he also starts playing defense.

I suspect we'll have plenty of chances to see that.

phinsgohard06 likes this.
  5. CoryMatthews

CoryMatthews Well-Known Member

There is no chance the dolphins draft a qb in round 1 next year.

6. FINOMINAL

FINOMINAL Scout Team

I am set with him, all in, going for it with him, period. I’m a believer. He would have to bomb really huge for me to not turn my attention to other positions of need on the team. I keep acquiring picks and groom Josh for next year when we have the bodies to protect him, the targets for him and a defense. There is no exaggeration the value a franchise quarterback brings to the makeover. If he’s not the guy, it’s another run of mediocrity and that’s the chance we have to take right now. He’s the man until he isn’t.

Spiff, phinsgohard06 and Vaark like this.
  7. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

I think the really good teams, as well as the really bad ones, do, moreso than the average teams looking for those "final pieces".

8. VaPhinatic

VaPhinatic Well-Known Member

If we are in a position (top 5) to draft Tua, Fromm, Herbert next year, I think the Dolphins have to do it regardless of Rosen's performance. Having Rosen and Tua is a good "problem" to have! How long have we been searching for a QB? Since Marino (2000)! Almost 20 years! Don't F*&^ up this opportunity!

My fear with Rosen is we fall into the Tannehill trap. "Rosen could be great but we only gave him one year with new coaches, a rookie OC, a new system, etc." "Rosen could be great if we fix the Oline, get better receivers, better RBs, better TEs, better coaches, etc." "He just needs more time."

Tannehill was here for 7 years, and this board still couldn't agree if he was good or not! Let's not make that mistake again. Double up at QB.

9. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

Who is decent? Who is going to protect this QB we need a RT and a RG and we need back ups -

I prefer above average but who is decent?

This kid is going to be running for his life, making in game adjustments to score points and if he can do that imho he is your Qb

That is if he can put up points against the good and bad opponents like in the 25- 30 point range -

10. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't be a Jay Fiedler. Or a Ryan Tannehill. Don't be inconsistent.

13marino13 and Vaark like this.
  11. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

You want to bet Rosen lover? Put it this way, if the Dolphins end up with the first pick overall, I don't see anyway they pass on drafting Tua no matter how Rosen looks this season.

12. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

On my part, quite a bit, because he needs to show command of the offense, he needs to have at least close to way more then twice as many TDs, as INTs (with at least 20 TDs), his completion % has to be over 60%, with a yard per completion of at least 7 to 8 yards.

Very importantly he needs to look at least good in 2 of 3 of these situations (with the other at least being adequate). Being able to move the offense from inside his 10, be able to run the 2 min offense, and be consistent inside the redzone (At least close to half end in TDs, few fail to go for 0 points).

He needs to show leadership, and at least compete this year to get into the playoffs, does not have to get in (though that would be a huge plus to him), but at least compete enough to show that from the starting QB position, no need to use the draft.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  13. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Too many people here saying we'd have to make the playoffs which means HE would have to carry the team into the playoffs because this team is just not very good right now so playoffs is not a fair way to evaluate him. Like somebody already said, context matters. We have to watch the games and see how he plays. You can't put all the blame on him if the team don't make the playoffs this coming season. At the same time we can't give him all the credit for every game we win. It still takes 22 players. I believe if he starts enough games we'll have a pretty good idea if he has a chance to be the man or now.
    Having said that, I won't rule us drafting a QB with our first pick in 2020.

13marino13 and Vaark like this.
  14. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Top level ball placement and feel for the position. Not worried about perfect mechanics because he’s still so young, but I gotta see those instincts shine thru.

Mach2 likes this.
  15. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Finheaven VIP Donator

Like an up-and-coming top ten pick with a year of experience should play --- whatever that is.