How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, May 1, 2019.

1. bradmcnutt13

bradmcnutt13 A True Fan

I have no idea. There's obviously black and white which people frequently refer to, but its that huge gray area which I don't know how you judge considering how bad the personnel around him will be. This is the problem with trying to judge such a vital position with so many complementary holes. I get that the trade was there so you make it but with such a disaster of an oline he's not going to have much of a chance.

2. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

No clear cut answer, but I think passing yards per game and yards per attempt is the first thing I'm looking at, followed closely by points per game as a team.

I'm done with the dink and dunk offense. You just can't win with that anymore unless you have a truly elite defense. I don't even care if his TD/INT ratio isn't great, I just want to see signs that he can lead a high powered offense.

3. Kamelion4291

Kamelion4291 Well-Known Member

Man, people are talking about DE not being irreplaceable and then forgetting about how our defense completely fell apart without William Hayes. How is he that underrated on this forum?

Are we really trying to pretend like we're going to win more than 6 games this season?

4. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

And everybody 'projected' Leaf as clearly better. And the same is true of every QB who was #1 pick. That's why most teams prefer to keep a 'known' pretty good than gamble on a 'projected clearly better

5. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

No one projected Leaf to be better, or he would’ve gone number 1. He went #2. Manning went #1.

6. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

I keep bringing up one simple idea, and Ryan Leaf testifies to this.

Too many so-called draft 'experts' get caught up in their own enthusiasm. They proclaim, 'this kid is the second coming'... Trade everything to get him!!!

...and that is just crapola. So many of these sure things bust like a child's balloon.

Load up on picks... take multiple shots...

7. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

Hard question to answer but I dont think they are gonna give him a long leash. Especially after the very rough first year. We finish top 5 in the draft we are taking another QB. Don't kid yourself. Maybe even top 10. you are gonna have Tua next year. There will be another QB prospect to emerge outside of him that will be highly touted. It happens every year. Mayfield and Murray werent on anybodys radar the year before they were drafted and they went first overall. Love will probably be that guy this year.

rickd13 likes this.
  8. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

He needs to look a world better than last year, for sure

9. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

This is inaccurate. There were decidedly people who thought Leaf would have a better career. What’s important is that the Colts didn’t.

10. 13marino13

13marino13 QUICK, pull my finger! Finheaven VIP Donator

Sure there is, albeit not a large one but depending on the circumstances, there is certainly a chance.

11. 13marino13

13marino13 QUICK, pull my finger! Finheaven VIP Donator

Right on brother

Danny likes this.
  12. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Love’s already on the radar. The guy who might pop up is Jalen Hurts.

13. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Better than what was on some teams' roster. A projected upgrade

13marino13 likes this.
  14. CRIOS

CRIOS Formerly: A&O Finheaven VIP Donator

To even or better, even with the players around him, the record from last year. Simple.

15. Rolltide03

Rolltide03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If we do this plan, I think our team will be a little too good by then to have the worst record regardless of how well Josh does and if it’s not then I’ll really be disappointed with how things are going. I’m not sure if there is fall back qb options in that draft like there is in this upcoming draft. We need to get Tua/Fromm/Herbert. If Rosen looks good, let him compete with one of those and see how good he is and determine if it’d be more valuable to have him as a backup or what pick we could get. I don’t think he’ll be better than any of the 3