How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

I have no idea. There's obviously black and white which people frequently refer to, but its that huge gray area which I don't know how you judge considering how bad the personnel around him will be. This is the problem with trying to judge such a vital position with so many complementary holes. I get that the trade was there so you make it but with such a disaster of an oline he's not going to have much of a chance.

No clear cut answer, but I think passing yards per game and yards per attempt is the first thing I'm looking at, followed closely by points per game as a team.

I'm done with the dink and dunk offense. You just can't win with that anymore unless you have a truly elite defense. I don't even care if his TD/INT ratio isn't great, I just want to see signs that he can lead a high powered offense.

Man, people are talking about DE not being irreplaceable and then forgetting about how our defense completely fell apart without William Hayes. How is he that underrated on this forum?

Are we really trying to pretend like we're going to win more than 6 games this season?

Everyone who knows a ****load more about this stuff than I do says Tua projects to be a better QB in the NFL than Rosen.... so yes, if we can get Tua, I’d like to make that happen.

And everybody 'projected' Leaf as clearly better. And the same is true of every QB who was #1 pick. That's why most teams prefer to keep a 'known' pretty good than gamble on a 'projected clearly better

And everybody 'projected' Leaf as clearly better. And the same is true of every QB who was #1 pick. That's why most teams prefer to keep a 'known' pretty good than gamble on a 'projected clearly better

No one projected Leaf to be better, or he would’ve gone number 1. He went #2. Manning went #1.

I keep bringing up one simple idea, and Ryan Leaf testifies to this.

Too many so-called draft 'experts' get caught up in their own enthusiasm. They proclaim, 'this kid is the second coming'... Trade everything to get him!!!

...and that is just crapola. So many of these sure things bust like a child's balloon.

Load up on picks... take multiple shots...

Hard question to answer but I dont think they are gonna give him a long leash. Especially after the very rough first year. We finish top 5 in the draft we are taking another QB. Don't kid yourself. Maybe even top 10. you are gonna have Tua next year. There will be another QB prospect to emerge outside of him that will be highly touted. It happens every year. Mayfield and Murray werent on anybodys radar the year before they were drafted and they went first overall. Love will probably be that guy this year.

No one projected Leaf to be better, or he would’ve gone number 1. He went #2. Manning went #1.

This is inaccurate. There were decidedly people who thought Leaf would have a better career. What’s important is that the Colts didn’t.

Too many people here saying we'd have to make the playoffs which means HE would have to carry the team into the playoffs because this team is just not very good right now so playoffs is not a fair way to evaluate him. Like somebody already said, context matters. We have to watch the games and see how he plays. You can't put all the blame on him if the team don't make the playoffs this coming season. At the same time we can't give him all the credit for every game we win. It still takes 22 players. I believe if he starts enough games we'll have a pretty good idea if he has a chance to be the man or now.
Having said that, I won't rule us drafting a QB with our first pick in 2020.
Right on brother

Hard question to answer but I dont think they are gonna give him a long leash. Especially after the very rough first year. We finish top 5 in the draft we are taking another QB. Don't kid yourself. Maybe even top 10. you are gonna have Tua next year. There will be another QB prospect to emerge outside of him that will be highly touted. It happens every year. Mayfield and Murray werent on anybodys radar the year before they were drafted and they went first overall. Love will probably be that guy this year.

Love’s already on the radar. The guy who might pop up is Jalen Hurts.

To even or better, even with the players around him, the record from last year. Simple.

It’s kind of dependent on them now adding a couple pieces in free agency to the O-line so Josh can really show what he can do.

If he gets a decent O-line... I want to see an efficient Field General that scores points...whether they get outscored isn’t relevant to his evaluation as long the offense looks good and improves as the year progresses.

We will know... we knew after two series against the Raiders Dan was special.

If they don’t give him a decent O-line I think it requires a 2 year evaluation...and a shifting of the plan to 2021 and Trevor Lawrence if Josh doesn’t show it in 2020.

If we do this plan, I think our team will be a little too good by then to have the worst record regardless of how well Josh does and if it’s not then I’ll really be disappointed with how things are going. I’m not sure if there is fall back qb options in that draft like there is in this upcoming draft. We need to get Tua/Fromm/Herbert. If Rosen looks good, let him compete with one of those and see how good he is and determine if it’d be more valuable to have him as a backup or what pick we could get. I don’t think he’ll be better than any of the 3

Back
Top Bottom