How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

He would have to play at an MVP level and lead us to a 10-6 record at worst. If we are in draft position or in position to make a trade for a top qb prospect who potentially could be a franchise qb for 15 years than we must do whatever it takes to draft him. At the moment, I cannot foresee Rosen becoming that.

Sorry, the site mashed all the info together, I separated it out for easier viewing.
John Elways QB rating is actually 54.9 sorry for the typo.
View attachment 20742

Dude this is a completely different NFL. And who cares what Bledsoe, Stafford or aikman's stats were. They aren't on Luck, Mahomes, Watson or even mayfield's level. That's what we are up against. We need big boy QB play to compete in the AFC. Take a second and look at those 4 QBs name. They are all special. The times of riding a good defense and a solid running game are over. We need and elite QB to compete. Rosen isn't that.

Dude this is a completely different NFL. And who cares what Bledsoe, Stafford or aikman's stats were. They aren't on Luck, Mahomes, Watson or even mayfield's level. That's what we are up against. We need big boy QB play to compete in the AFC. Take a second and look at those 4 QBs name. They are all special. The times of riding a good defense and a solid running game are over. We need and elite QB to compete. Rosen isn't that.
Thanks for responding and revealing your true intellect to us all. You clearly know football and had the acumen to comprehend the highly complex analogy for which I attempted to, but unsuccessfully convey. Few are intelligent enough to fully understand the correlation, you were discernibly precise in your assessment and should be commended for that realization. I’m grateful you were able to anatomize the complex and ineffectual point I attempted to convey. I appreciate you enlightening me with your vast knowledge on the topic for which I now recognizably know, I know nothing about. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking!

Last edited:
So your film study found a needle in a hay stack that 31 other teams weren't willing to take a marginal investment in? Ok
Ok, not that you care, but you're too much of a one trick pony with the limited time I have to read this forum, so you're going on "Ignore" for a month.. hopefully your Rosen OCD will dissipate when we reconvene. Ciao

Rosen will get at leased 2 to 3 yr show what he can do. that should let front office no if he is going be good or not. bills jets ravens redskins, giants, ari and dolphins are all in same boat. when it come to qb. just got let it play out. if they draft qb next yr they are still in same boat. these young qb need time. none of these guy are going to good team. Watson and Mohome went to playoff teams.

He would have to play at an MVP level and lead us to a 10-6 record at worst. If we are in draft position or in position to make a trade for a top qb prospect who potentially could be a franchise qb for 15 years than we must do whatever it takes to draft him. At the moment, I cannot foresee Rosen becoming that.

If Rosen plays like that, do you think Flores will draft a QB or pass

First off, I think we can forget about doing worse this season than last.

Thus making that semi expected draft spot were we pick that Franchise QB as a given not necessarily reality... (again my opinion based on just initial upgrades.)

Rosen just has to be better than RT which seriously better not be asking for a hell of a lot.
New members of OL think will show also added improvement (which is not that high of a reach to overcome)
LB core (Watson, Van Ginkel Wilson) also looks to have potential for upgrade and one thing that is seen now is an upgrade in the wonderful "Speed" dept. These guys are fast and hit
Williams WR addition difficult to evaluate just how good he can be but honestly can say the sky is the limit with him.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) that JR turns out to be even more than we expected, and we go into the 2020 draft with other areas of concern to upgrade, which is highly possible.

But truthfully IMO we would need to give up a lot to have a shot at that Franchise QB next year. AND I don't even want to think about 2 years from now, yikes...

PS, oh ya we haven't even dealt much yet with the FA about to open up...

I haven't confirmed this but I think Aikman may be in the Hall of Fame. Is there some type of recognition these four received that automatically elevated them above a Hall of Fame Quarterback? Perhaps they should be immediately inducted into the hall, seems only fitting based on your professional assessment of their unworldly talents. What we're up against is someone that clearly has suffered some sort of cerebral trauma. Troll someone else.

What is pass, Alex.

I was responding to "play(s) at an MVP level and lead us to a 10-6 record at worst." If Rosen plays like that, do you think Flores will draft a QB or pass on a R1 QB in '20. To state the obvious, the opinions of anyone here matter nothing. The only opinion that matters is Flores and company. I think every fan will concede FLORES would pass. Not what anyone WANTS to happen. Not what anyone would do if GM. What is the expected decision by Flores.

I was responding to "play(s) at an MVP level and lead us to a 10-6 record at worst." If Rosen plays like that, do you think Flores will draft a QB or pass on a R1 QB in '20. To state the obvious, the opinions of anyone here matter nothing. The only opinion that matters is Flores and company. I think every fan will concede FLORES would pass. Not what anyone WANTS to happen. Not what anyone would do if GM. What is the expected decision by Flores.
I was framing the answer in the form of a question as it is done on Jeopardy, hence the "Alex" I understood the point you were making and agree 100% with it. If he performs at that level, Flores/Grier will "pass" on drafting a QB in 2020. :)

Back
Top Bottom