How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Josh Rosen Need To Perform In 2019 For You To Forgo Drafting A 1st Round Qb In 2020?

Umm I think I will go ahead and deem him a top 3 QB in the league. I dont need anymore evidence than one of the top 3 seasons by an NFL QB ever.
Not an unreasonable position at all.

Another year, even close to the previous, and I will join you.

even if i had the 1st overall and needed a QB i would pass on any of the QB's in 2020. trade down and get a lot more picks, and then in 2021 get our QB Trevor Lawrence!!
we need to keep building the DL and OL and LB with the 2020 draft.

even if i had the 1st overall and needed a QB i would pass on any of the QB's in 2020. trade down and get a lot more picks, and then in 2021 get our QB Trevor Lawrence!!
Not a totally unrealistic scenario, particularly if Rosen plays well, but not spectacular.

Im not sure if Flores can afford to waste a year though.

One thing's for sure. If Rosen plays so so, and we pass on a QB next year, some FH members head's will explode.

"Elite" and "greatness" are functions of time.

Wanting to give someone an elite label to prove a point doesn't make the point any more valid or the player any more talented.

If he is great, there should be no concern with waiting another year or two for him to prove it.

As for being Brady's in OT, I will quote a high school coach from my past...

"Don't blame the refs or a single play on losing the game. If you were that much better than your opponent the score should never have been close enough to matter."

The Chiefs had 4 quarters to effect the outcome and didn't. They lose because they lost. Ask the Saints if the one play prevented then from making the SB or if they should have won the game in the 4 quarters leading up to it .

Mahomes isn't "elite" yet. He's just played one season. Simple as that.

"Elite" and "greatness" are functions of time.

Wanting to give someone an elite label to prove a point doesn't make the point any more valid or the player any more talented.

If he is great, there should be no concern with waiting another year or two for him to prove it.

As for being Brady's in OT, I will quote a high school coach from my past...

"Don't blame the refs or a single play on losing the game. If you were that much better than your opponent the score should never have been close enough to matter."

The Chiefs had 4 quarters to effect the outcome and didn't. They lose because they lost. Ask the Saints if the one play prevented then from making the SB or if they should have won the game in the 4 quarters leading up to it .

Mahomes isn't "elite" yet. He's just played one season. Simple as that.

Correct he just got beat by another elite QB that got the ball first.

He isn't wrong. It's a pointless endeavor to compare QBs before and after all of the rule changes that make it easier for a QB to succeed in today's NFL.
Does anyone get the point of the post? The point was to draw a comparison to previous QB's (who all turned out to be good QB's) drafted and playing on a terrible team their rookie years. If we're going to judge Rosen on his rookie year playing on a bad team, we're not looking at the full picture. Just because he didn't have an outstanding rookie year doesn't doom him to failure. Had he been drafted by one of the better teams and failed miserably, then there would be a valid point.

While Mahomes impressed the hell out of me last season, 1 year does not an "elite" QB make.

The odds are surely in his favor, but lets give him another year, or two before we hang that moniker around his neck.
And the Defenses now have a 1-year book of study. Not easy doing it year after year.

And the Defenses now have a 1-year book of study. Not easy doing it year after year.

Haha just like NFL teams have film on Rosen. Gonna get harder for him..............Excuse the bad play of Rosen but down play 50 TDs by Mahomes.

That is a stupid idea. If they have the 1st overall pick and need a QB, they will take a QB in this upcoming draft. They aren't going to risk waiting another year when they might not even have a chance to draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Why do people think Lawrence is better than Tua? Is it because the only game they've watched of either was the Championship game?

Haha just like NFL teams have film on Rosen. Gonna get harder for him..............Excuse the bad play of Rosen but down play 50 TDs by Mahomes.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Tain

Back
Top Bottom