How Would Pitts Fit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Pitts Fit?

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
I'm curious if Miami drafted Kyle Pitts how he would fit? Would they still need to add another WR(outside speed guy?) would they still need to add a slot(a possession type or speed/jet sweep type)?

Seems with Pitts and Gieseki and a slot type wr you are flooding the middle of the field.

I'm curious how other feel Pitts would effect the addition of other types of WR?

Pitts and Gesicki both would work the middle.. they both would work the slot and Pitts would lineup everywhere backfield outside inside inline.. you would put out Parker Fuller Gesicki Pitts and a RB lots of size on the field with someone to get downfield fast.. the RPO already got better with Fuller who can win fast and will catch the ball over the middle.. Pitts would just add to that with the ability to get deep

Parker, Fuller, Gesicki and Pitts could make a pretty lethal combination, especially in the redzone.

Still, hard to imagine Miami drafting Pitts.

If Miami drafts Pitts I think the plan would be to let Gesicki walk after the season is over. He’s going to want to get paid and I don’t feel that he’ll be worth his asking price.

I'm curious if Miami drafted Kyle Pitts how he would fit? Would they still need to add another WR(outside speed guy?) would they still need to add a slot(a possession type or speed/jet sweep type)?

Seems with Pitts and Gieseki and a slot type wr you are flooding the middle of the field.

I'm curious how other feel Pitts would effect the addition of other types of WR?
I think if they draft Pitts they should draft a slot type receiver in the second through fourth round area.

Pitts and Gesicki both would work the middle.. they both would work the slot and Pitts would lineup everywhere backfield outside inside inline.. you would put out Parker Fuller Gesicki Pitts and a RB lots of size on the field with someone to get downfield fast.. the RPO already got better with Fuller who can win fast and will catch the ball over the middle.. Pitts would just add to that with the ability to get deep
I feel like a broken record at this point but if we sign Pitts who is our blocking TE?
Am I the only person that knows TE need to be great blockers?
Do we just throw Tua to the wolves and then bitch about him being sacked a lot because we have 2 pass catching TE's?
If we draft Pitts, Gesicki has to go.

I feel like a broken record at this point but if we sign Pitts who is our blocking TE?
Do we just throw Tua to the wolves and then bitch about him being sacked a lot because we have 2 pass catching TE's?
You’re a broken record because you keep saying he’s only a TE which limits his abilities and he definitely isn’t a pure TE.

Pitts could work a charm.

But.....

You need another WR burner later on in the draft. Fuller takes the top off the defense and stops teams from bunching up the area within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Very valuable. But you need another burner in case Fuller gets nicked up along the way.

Many here don't realize that we wrote in contract language in order to keep Fuller in year 2 by using the franchise tag if needed

If Pitts is selected, I'd like to see the phins use more of a 13 personnel grouping

p.s. The particular grouping intrigued me when Notre Dame and Iowa St used it last season.

Noooo, surely you jest.

Back
Top Bottom